Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2012)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

very different crowd psych versus metal
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Herkus Monte wrote:It is just not possible to get any old, rare demo for a decent price this day and age:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130801201958?ss ... 1423.l2649

Although in this case I can somehow understand it, Black Evil sounds really great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vKePyV_Trw

There was another demo tape from this seller, Black Ghost`s (Ita) that sold for 192.5$.
Yeah I wanted that Black Evil...but that's a crazy price.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

thrashidolatry wrote:Let's see how high this will end :lol:
http://www.ebay.ch/itm/200849521914?ssP ... 500wt_1414
I already saw this. There is a chance no one will bid since the starting price is so high. Not to mention, the demo is available on the re-issue of "Take The Pain".
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger wrote:Not to mention, the demo is available on the re-issue of "Take The Pain".
"Take the Pain" IS the original "Erosion of will" demo recording + 6 more songs the band recorded in follow-up session to beef it up to a full-length release.

Hence the rough "album" production - it is just a collection of two low-budget demos.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

GandALF wrote:
Avenger wrote:Not to mention, the demo is available on the re-issue of "Take The Pain".
"Take the Pain" IS the original "Erosion of will" demo recording + 6 more songs the band recorded in follow-up session to beef it up to a full-length release.

Hence the rough "album" production - it is just a collection of two low-budget demos.
Well, the album isn't called "Take The Pain AKA Erosion Of Will" so I just stated what it is called. I think it's fairly obvious going through the track list of the two with all the same song titles. I have never heard the actual demo though so I can't comment if it's the exact same set of tracks.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Warepire wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:seems it sold for 9K. Is that the world record for a metal single or lp?
Probably. But we're nowhere near Psyche Rock yet, still... An first edition DARK - Round The Edges complete with booklet sold for 7000 GBP a year or two ago. That would be close to 11000 USD.
I know a gatefold copy of this album sold for close to 10000 euros at auction a few years ago. Not an online auction, but a "real" one.

I'm more than happy with the reissue. :D
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

Avenger wrote:
GandALF wrote:

Well, the album isn't called "Take The Pain AKA Erosion Of Will" so I just stated what it is called. I think it's fairly obvious going through the track list of the two with all the same song titles. I have never heard the actual demo though so I can't comment if it's the exact same set of tracks.
Indeed, still no bids on this one. I expected it to go away for maybe half the price of the Avanzada-Take The Pain
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

thrashidolatry wrote:
Avenger wrote:
GandALF wrote:

Indeed, still no bids on this one. I expected it to go away for maybe half the price of the Avanzada-Take The Pain
I guess the tape would surely reach the wanted price if he started the auction with 1 $. Those high opening bids really scare most of the bidders as they know what they have to pay. In the end if the tape is at 50 $ and the guy throws in 100 $ maximum and wins it at 90 $ he would be more "happy" than knowing that 90 $ is the price to pay from the very beginning. I'm one of those too ... lol
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger wrote:...Not to mention, the demo is available on the re-issue of "Take The Pain".
I'm merely pointing out the above is incorrect. The demo is available on any issue of "Take The Pain" since it is an integral part of the album.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

GandALF wrote:
Avenger wrote:...Not to mention, the demo is available on the re-issue of "Take The Pain".
I'm merely pointing out the above is incorrect. The demo is available on any issue of "Take The Pain" since it is an integral part of the album.
By "re-issue" I was implying the release that you put out as it's a re-issue of the original 1991 pressing. Re-issue more to signify that it's more easily accessible.

That aside, this is a pretty unnecessary conversation. :lol:
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Indeed it is unnecessary, but since you would never admit when wrong, round and round we go, weeee... :lol:
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

i think by know everybody have one of this... still the price goes always above 130... this seller sold at least 20 copies i think, i wonder how much more does he have

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALEMS-WYCH-Bet ... 5898db0188
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

Prowler wrote:
thrashidolatry wrote:
Avenger wrote:
I guess the tape would surely reach the wanted price if he started the auction with 1 $. Those high opening bids really scare most of the bidders as they know what they have to pay. In the end if the tape is at 50 $ and the guy throws in 100 $ maximum and wins it at 90 $ he would be more "happy" than knowing that 90 $ is the price to pay from the very beginning. I'm one of those too ... lol
I guess it's the feeling of getting a hunted item instead of being the only one bidding on something like it wouldn't be worth the price, which is what you said already :D
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Cyrcka wrote:i think by know everybody have one of this... still the price goes always above 130... this seller sold at least 20 copies i think, i wonder how much more does he have

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALEMS-WYCH-Bet ... 5898db0188
I still don't have a copy. Waiting for the price to come down, although it never seems to. :-/
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight