Elixir All Hollows Eve LP

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
dford

Elixir All Hollows Eve LP

Post by dford »

Anyone here own the Elixir All Hollows Eve lp on NOTVD. I just got to play my copy for the first time and well, the sound is off. Really low volume and a static hiss! Played a few more lp's afterwards and they sounded fine. The samples I heard on line sounded much better. I wonder if it wasn't mastered properly for vinyl.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I had to give up buying the overpriced releases on this label so I cannot help. Wish a few of their releases, like the 4th Sacrifice lp would come out on a real label at a normal price.
dford

Post by dford »

Their prices are crazy but I really wanted this one. I have the Sacrifice coming also, won it on ebay.de hope it sounds better. I emailed WAR ON MUSIC to see if they would be releasing Apocalypse inside seeing they just released everything else including the demo material but no reply.
msp

Post by msp »

I find this label fairly annoying. I have a few of their releases but sometimes the quality seems lacking when compared to the effort NWN puts in for example.

Also, some releases of theirs never seem to make it into regular distros such as the SAXON Lp's which suddenly appear on ebay priced at 60 to 80 EUR a copy.
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
mordred

Post by mordred »

The only LP release of this label I have is Agent Steel's "Omega Conspiracy" which wasn't too expensive and can still be obtained for a fair price, more than two years after the release. I guess there wasn't much demand for that, typically it's the one release of theirs I immediately felt I needed. :)

The big fault in their production is the ridiculously limited press quantities. They're collectors runs and nothing else which is gay and a shame. I mean, pressing 350 copies of an LP by a band as popular as Saxon or Sodom is bollocks. Many of their releases deserve proper editions. Not least this Elixir album, which is a fucking great piece of metal more people need to hear.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

My copy sounds alright, but i haven't heard any other versions to compare it to. Lame album i'm affraid to say, don't like it much.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
dford

Post by dford »

msp wrote:I find this label fairly annoying. I have a few of their releases but sometimes the quality seems lacking when compared to the effort NWN puts in for example.

Also, some releases of theirs never seem to make it into regular distros such as the SAXON Lp's which suddenly appear on ebay priced at 60 to 80 EUR a copy.
This label has never released much I've been into but your right about the fact how annoying it is they just get released and sell for 80 of so. Sacrifice are one of my favorite bands and really wanted Apocalypse Inside but missed out when the label released it. Copies were turning up from 60 to 80EUR. Kinda frustrating, lucked into one for 32eur. I believe they released only 250 copies, what is the sense of that, I'm sure they could sell way more, or if the pressing sells out release it again to keep it in circulation. But then again, I'm not running a small label with the chance of stock sitting around collecting dust.