"Agressive Protector" missing ?!?!?

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
chemicalexposure

"Agressive Protector" missing ?!?!?

Post by chemicalexposure »

Is there a bootleg of the Roadrunner version of "Show No Mercy" with the "Extra Track: Agressive Protector" on the cover where the actual extra track is missing? I have had this LP forever and just realized that "Agressive Perfector" is actually not on it, even though it's listed on the A-side label as track 6. :?:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Have you checked the regular souces?

Perhaps it's a mispressing?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
daniel

Post by daniel »

Checked mine. I have the same pressing with the 'bonus track' text on the cover, the track is not listed on the back, nor are there lyrics for it, but yes it appears on the label and the song is definetely on the LP... So, wonder what's up with your copy... :/
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
faetze

Post by faetze »

daniel wrote:Checked mine. I have the same pressing with the 'bonus track' text on the cover, the track is not listed on the back, nor are there lyrics for it, but yes it appears on the label and the song is definetely on the LP... So, wonder what's up with your copy... :/
Perhaps the record's another pressing (US?) than the cover (Dutch?) and someone mixed it up?
chemicalexposure

Post by chemicalexposure »

I googled it and found no information. I'd be easy to assume that the cover is from a different LP, but the song is actually printed on the center label of the record. So I'm thinking: Bootleg with Dutch LP and labels but US tracks. Or US re-press with Dutch cover and labels? I wouldn't be surprised if they lost the originals. I've seen too many new represses of LP's with badly blown up, pixelated cover art.

But, there are matrix numbers! "RR9868"
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

chemicalexposure wrote:I googled it and found no information. I'd be easy to assume that the cover is from a different LP, but the song is actually printed on the center label of the record. So I'm thinking: Bootleg with Dutch LP and labels but US tracks. Or US re-press with Dutch cover and labels? I wouldn't be surprised if they lost the originals. I've seen too many new represses of LP's with badly blown up, pixelated cover art.

But, there are matrix numbers! "RR9868"
It wasn’t uncommon for especially Roadrunner to mix and match media with labels/covers/inserts printed elsewhere in the world. I believe there is actually a thread regarding this already where we dissected all of the Roadrunner/Roadracer/RC confusion. They would at times do the printing in one country and match it was for example the vinyl or CD manufactured for the market in another which the end result was a mismatched product that came that way brand new. Do a search for the thread it was from a couple years back.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."