SOLAR EAGLE BOOTLEG LP + MORE STUFF....

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

If you missed my last entry: Try increasing the needle pressure (or needle weight, or tracking weight. It goes by many descriptions). It should fix the skipping problem.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

LethylSteel wrote:the needle that causes irreparable damage to the record is pure paranoia.
No it's not. For something like a DL-103 or SPU it's not likely to cause problems, but putting a coin on top of a Shure V15, Grace F9, etc could totally wreck the suspension.

Yes, I have Colombian records. The sleeves on most are ratty, but all the records are a solid VG+ at worst. After a good cleaning the sound as good as they possibly could considering the poor pressing quality. You just have to be selective about what you buy, wait for a copy that's not ruined and spend the extra money for it.

Sometimes a seller will go to lengths to convince you "it's not as bad as it looks". If they straight up say that it doesn't play, I know I don't want it anywhere near my collection.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Angelheart wrote:
nightsblood wrote:
Angelheart wrote:
Come on.
The ebay ids are very easy to be found if u just take 10 minutes, search for these vinyls and see their selling history.
Some ids have hundreds of feedback,some are new cause they want to be considered as "new sellers" and so on.They are not more than 6-7 accounts.
Regarding their real names and businesses, that's also very easy to be found if u just have your eyes open and u are not newbie in the scene.
As u understand, no names can be exposed here since maybe u are in trouble with the some stupid laws.
Those who want to know, will know and should have known before they spent so stupidly lots of money.
Some thoughts:
1- people routinely post ebay IDs and names of ebay scammers online. Has anyone here ever gotten in legal trouble for doing so? I have never heard of such a case.

2- Have you at least reported the IDs to ebay? I know there's no guarantee ebay will do anything about it, but if you do not report the problem to them and you do not tell people who is causing the problem, you're making it pretty easy for the problem to continue.

3- This kind of anonymity for the bootleggers helps propagate the negative stereotypes against greeks in metal circles. This thread indicates 'a handful' of greeks are selling these new boots. We can all say, "that shouldn't implicate every greek in the metal scene", but unless the bad apples are singled out, it makes everyone very suspicious of ALL greeks selling on ebay.

Sure, we experienced collectors know how to sniff these things out pretty easily. I suspect, however, that most of the people getting ripped off are newbie collectors riding in on the resurgence of Metal and vinyl popularity. They were in diapers when 'Black hand Inn' came out and don't realize the vinyl copies turning up are boots. I agree they should do their homework before buying expensive collectibles, but if all we're gonna do is have a thread on one collectors' site saying, "gee, there's a few new greek boots out there, watch your butt", that doesn't do much to fix the problem.

Just to clarify, I'm just explaining my POV on the situation, I'm not yelling at Angelheart or anyone else, and I don't mean for my post to sound like I'm grandstanding or climbing up on a soapbox or anything like that.
I totally understand what u mean but it's not my job to be the sheriff.
We have tried to warn people and it's not the first time.
Whoever is bored to search for himself. then it's his problem.
And we are doing this, not because we were fooled, but because some people we know, were caught in that trap.
Of course, whatever new bootleg is coming out, it will be posted asap it is proven.
About the reporting, u can do it easily or some of your friends.
Let's stay with the facts, and if u pay attention to what we are writing, then u will stop making assumptions that "all Greeks" are involved in this.
And everyone with a little experience and common thought,knows that we are talking about very few people who unfortunately are well connected (meaning they have access to all these vinyls so they can counterfeit them).
And u must know, that they do business and have good "communication" with some dealers abroad.
So the problem is not only here.There is much help from abroad too..
Cheers
Why are you protecting these scum buckets?

This is exactly why people bash the greek metal community and associate it with bootlegging.

You have no reason to cry foul.

I just tried to do some searches myself but couldn't find anything because it's past the 15 day limit since the auctions have ended.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

LethylSteel wrote:
nightsblood wrote: By your logic why should anyone buy any record then? Why does the price matter? If people should pass on the $500 records and just get the free d/l, why shouldn't they pass on the $100 records, and the $50 records, and the $20 records, and the $15 CDs too? Or is there some arbitrary amount of money that is OK to pay for a record, but once you cross that limit you're just a "rich dude" who doesn't care about the music anymore?
Ahh come on, 100 $ for a record is still an affordable price (if the music is worth that of course) and ok imo because it's still in the limit. If your monthly budget allows you to buy a 500 $ record then your just rich. That's so. And why would you have a 500 $ record when you can download the songs for free? Just to say you have that record, nothing more. The excuse "I care for the music" is invalid here. It's just that you can say "I have that record." If you'd care for the music you could buy a shitload of records (and better records) for these 500 $. A record that was pressed in a 500 or 1000 copies edition is just not worth 500 $. That price was just procreated by greedy collectors who want that record in their collections (that basically only include the mega raries because they just don't care for the other Metal bands) and don't care for the money because they do not NEED to care for the money coz they are rich. :wink:
And that you don't always have to pay the highest price ever to possess a special record depends just on how patient you are.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

just reported it again

still cant believe how can people bid such money on that
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I reported it as well.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I reported it as well.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Helstar wrote:
I reported it as well.
+1

Q: do you think some people are buying these recently listed boot copies KNOWING that they are boots? The original has sold for $700-$1,000 for several years. Would some people who really want this on vinyl be willing to pay $300ish and settle for a boot copy b/c the orig copies are out of their price range? Some boots do sell for a lot, though it's often live material, rather than a counterfeit studio recording. Or are there really that many SE fans out there who don't know it's been counterfeited? Just seems like most folks willing to pay that much for the record would've stumbled across the warnings posted about the bootleg pressing by now, but maybe people don't do their homework...?
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I'm quite sure there are people who buy records on ebay that don't frequent metal forums, and therefore haven't heard any warnings. For all they know, maybe someone just found a box of originals? :?
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

ill stick to the theory of new trendie guys wanting to get all "rare" vynil....of course without knowing the risks.Im pretty sure anyone starting recently to collect wont know all about the dark world of matrix numbers, boots from here and there and all the people involved in those shady bussineses
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

If they would know it's not the original, they wouldn't be willing to pay more than 10$ for it (or zero).

It seems that mass-reporting doesn't work, f**k eBay. :evil:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

nightsblood wrote:
Helstar wrote:
I reported it as well.
+1

Q: do you think some people are buying these recently listed boot copies KNOWING that they are boots? The original has sold for $700-$1,000 for several years. Would some people who really want this on vinyl be willing to pay $300ish and settle for a boot copy b/c the orig copies are out of their price range? Some boots do sell for a lot, though it's often live material, rather than a counterfeit studio recording. Or are there really that many SE fans out there who don't know it's been counterfeited? Just seems like most folks willing to pay that much for the record would've stumbled across the warnings posted about the bootleg pressing by now, but maybe people don't do their homework...?
A bootleg of this shouldn't be worth any more then $20-$50 in my opinion. I think that the reason the price is down is because all of these bootlegs have flooded the market. Those that are buying these assuming they are originals have now had more opportunities to obtain a copy and therefore there is less demand and the price drops. Sell one copy a year and sure, you will see prices in the $800 range but flood the market and the price drops dramatically.

I hope that one day I see one of these fools trying to sell a bootleg copy on a forum so that I can laugh in their faces.
apollo.ra

Post by apollo.ra »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

At least this one states:
"...NOT ORG EDITION"
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

apollo.ra wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

At least this one states:
"...NOT ORG EDITION"
I would buy this for 50$ max!