SOLAR EAGLE BOOTLEG LP + MORE STUFF....

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Actually, there are people who are not even close to being "rich" who actually pay those sums for records. I know of at least 3, 2 of them are registered here.

Edit: Maaan, why do all my posts have to end up on a new page, just so that everyone can misunderstand all the points I've been trying to make. Above sentence is directed at LethylSteel, for reference. :?
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Follow up question: Has BLACKLIST (US) - The Sign of 4 EP been bootlegged too? I have seen quite a few sealed copies sold in the last year or so.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Khnud wrote:Actually, there are people who are not even close to being "rich" who actually pay those sums for records. I know of at least 3, 2 of them are registered here.
Meh, seriously, even if I'd have a monthly salary of 3000 Euros, I'd never even think about spending 500 $ for a record. No record is worth such a price unless there are just 5 copies made.
Anyway, there are more bootlegs up on ebay made in Greece (for sure by the same guy). Darkthrone "Under a funeral moon" and Moonblood "Blut and Krieg". Prohably even more...always offered as mint copies. "Unfortunately" the Moonblood LP has no sticker included that was sold with the original record. Watch out...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

LethylSteel wrote:
Khnud wrote:Actually, there are people who are not even close to being "rich" who actually pay those sums for records. I know of at least 3, 2 of them are registered here.
Meh, seriously, even if I'd have a monthly salary of 3000 Euros, I'd never even think about spending 500 $ for a record. No record is worth such a price unless there are just 5 copies made.
I know several people who earn a lot less than that and still save up to buy those super rarities for 500+ dollars. And who am I to judge their priorities?
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Khnud wrote:Follow up question: Has BLACKLIST (US) - The Sign of 4 EP been bootlegged too? I have seen quite a few sealed copies sold in the last year or so.
No,this was printed in a quantity of maybe even 2000 copies,it is not that rare since the band (and the copies) was tracked.
Never trust the Goblin King....
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

I am very happy to say that I checked with my friend and the copy i bought for him is original.

I would like to share some thoughts.

First of all counterfeits are a totally different thing than bootlegs.
And the Solar Eagle, Bathory yellow goats etc. are counterfeits.
As for the Greek counterfeits, there is no vinyl pressing plant in Greece, so some other country "experts" must have helped.

P.S. : The Savatage picture discs, at which country were they made/distributed?
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

There aren't many record printing plants that I know of in Europe. Actually, I only know of one, in the Czech Republic.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Khnud wrote:There aren't many record printing plants that I know of in Europe. Actually, I only know of one, in the Czech Republic.
There must be at least a couple here in Germany, one in Czech, France, Britain, Netherland, maybe Spain and Sweden. The big label bosses that are registered here might know it better.

AND it's not always the greeks fault:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2 ... olice.html :lol:
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Angelheart

Post by Angelheart »

chatzial wrote:I am very happy to say that I checked with my friend and the copy i bought for him is original.

Yes i agree.Bootlegs as the 3 on 1 cds or live bootlegs etc can easily be identified.
Identical counterfeits is the worst case of fraud. Especially if they are presented as "originals" or "first pressings" or whatever bullshit.
I hope u are not implying that the counterfeits are more legitimate than the "not-so-professional" bootlegs.

We will see how many sealed copies that were sold from Greek sellers (in ebay and outside ebay) in 2010 ,are actually originals.
The ones sold in 2011, and there are many (not only in ebay), are proved to be counterfeit bootlegs.
Angelheart

Post by Angelheart »

LethylSteel wrote: I thought Reborns Classix was made in Luxemburg, not Germany.
It doesn't matter where they are manufactured.It could be anywhere in the world.
I was referring to the guy who was behind those "legendary" nowadays series.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Here, the eBay sellers in question are:

iron_damage
gmous2001

Both have sold sealed copies of Solar Eagle, Running Wild - Masquerade, Mercyful Fate - In the Shadows, and multiple copies of Moonblood - Blut and Krieg... coincidence? You judge for yourselves.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I just wonder how one can press almost identical bootlegs of extremely expensive records and try (obviously -->) sell these SHIT bootlegs as originals and still standing straight.
If I bought one of these Solar Eagles for big bucks and realized it was just a fresh made boot I would love to spend as much money as I did on the record itself on a flight ticket and go find that dude and beat the living shit out of him WITH the record. That's my point of view. Fuck em.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Angelheart wrote:
chatzial wrote:I am very happy to say that I checked with my friend and the copy i bought for him is original.

Yes i agree.Bootlegs as the 3 on 1 cds or live bootlegs etc can easily be identified.
Identical counterfeits is the worst case of fraud. Especially if they are presented as "originals" or "first pressings" or whatever bullshit.
I hope u are not implying that the counterfeits are more legitimate than the "not-so-professional" bootlegs.
I agree. Counterfeits are a total fraud. It is most frustrating to spend a lot of money for a LP or a CD and then realize it is just a counterfeit.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

LethylSteel wrote:
Angelheart wrote: And honestly, sometimes i think that some stupid "collectors" deserve to be fooled because they spent lots of money, just because they have them, not because they really care.
Exactly my opinion dude. To buy a record for 530 $ really means you're nothing but a rich dude. It's kinda absurd because you can have the MP3's incl their Demo for free from any HM blog in the www. So if anyone says "I care for the music" then just download the MP3's and save money. :roll: :wink:
By your logic why should anyone buy any record then? Why does the price matter? If people should pass on the $500 records and just get the free d/l, why shouldn't they pass on the $100 records, and the $50 records, and the $20 records, and the $15 CDs too? Or is there some arbitrary amount of money that is OK to pay for a record, but once you cross that limit you're just a "rich dude" who doesn't care about the music anymore? Sorry to sound snappy, but I have never liked the "Only Poor is REAL" attitude. If people can afford to pay more for a record they want, who are we to claim they're not tr00?

Re: "even if I made thousands of euros a month I still wouldn't pay more than $X for a record".... I'd advise against making such declarations until you're in that situation. I used to think the exact same thing- no way could I be happy if I paid more than $X for one record. But once i grew up, got out of school, got a real job and had more money to spend, I found I was perfectly happy to spend more for individual items that I wanted. Times change. 5 years ago, $50 for one record would have meant I had to eat mac and cheese for the rest of the month. Today, a $50 record doesn't affect my grocery bill at all :)

Caht- glad your friend did not get burned on a counterfeit

Buyers should always beware.

Kristian- Blacklist has never been too hard to find and only sells for around $40-50, so it's not really worth counterfeiting :)

Ion & Angel- we all appreciate the warning. Sorry the ensuing questions about identity aggravated you so much, though you probably should have foreseen such questions would arise. When you wander in and declare, "I know who killed the movie star", of course everyone in the room is immediately gonna ask "well, who did it?".
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

nightsblood wrote: By your logic why should anyone buy any record then? Why does the price matter? If people should pass on the $500 records and just get the free d/l, why shouldn't they pass on the $100 records, and the $50 records, and the $20 records, and the $15 CDs too? Or is there some arbitrary amount of money that is OK to pay for a record, but once you cross that limit you're just a "rich dude" who doesn't care about the music anymore?
Ahh come on, 100 $ for a record is still an affordable price (if the music is worth that of course) and ok imo because it's still in the limit. If your monthly budget allows you to buy a 500 $ record then your just rich. That's so. And why would you have a 500 $ record when you can download the songs for free? Just to say you have that record, nothing more. The excuse "I care for the music" is invalid here. It's just that you can say "I have that record." If you'd care for the music you could buy a shitload of records (and better records) for these 500 $. A record that was pressed in a 500 or 1000 copies edition is just not worth 500 $. That price was just procreated by greedy collectors who want that record in their collections (that basically only include the mega raries because they just don't care for the other Metal bands) and don't care for the money because they do not NEED to care for the money coz they are rich. :wink:
And that you don't always have to pay the highest price ever to possess a special record depends just on how patient you are.