SOLAR EAGLE BOOTLEG LP + MORE STUFF....

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Angelheart

Post by Angelheart »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
Angelheart wrote:"private" usa/nwobhm rare cds etc etc,
:shock:
I cannot understand what this "face" means but of course i am not referring to u man. U know which cds i am talking about,
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I do not spend $500 on vinyl on eBay that's why seller IDs are of no real interest to me. However, I trade with small labels and it is important for me to know names. I have my own suspicions of course, but its always better to get first hand info.

Angelheart may laugh, but if I know a label is involved in mass-production of bootlegs, I cut my ties and do not support their releases. It's not like I make zillion-bazillion dollars from the label anyway, so it is not so hard to follow a simple principle. I take pride that people can come to my distro and buy with confidence - it pays off big time in a long run, than cashing on some bootleg sales and have people question your business ethics forever...

That's how I see it, some see it otherwise
GJ

Post by GJ »

You won my heart with that post Stormspell! Seriously that means a lot.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Thank you for writing that Stormspell, heartwarming stuff. I'll support you :)
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
From_the_Fjords

Post by From_the_Fjords »

Great STORMSPELL!!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I remember that seller, he's been discussed at this forum before. I think he was trying to sell a MILITIA EP last time.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Report the auction IDs to ebay. Ebay doesn't do jack when only one person reports it, but maybe if several people report the same auction they'll yank it
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

nightsblood wrote:Report the auction IDs to ebay. Ebay doesn't do jack when only one person reports it, but maybe if several people report the same auction they'll yank it
for anyone that says people dont care about even reporting on ebay...well, i just did :)
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
nightsblood wrote:Report the auction IDs to ebay. Ebay doesn't do jack when only one person reports it, but maybe if several people report the same auction they'll yank it
for anyone that says people dont care about even reporting on ebay...well, i just did :)
Same here for sure.

Where's a amok running Norweigan when you need one? Send him down to Bootleg Island! :?
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

At the moment the serious greek sellers will have it a little bit hard to get their expensive shit sold because noone can actually know if it's original or bootlegged shit that they do offer. I'm carefully, who knows what else in on their list. Don't wanna discriminate the greek guys, but you may thank those black sheeps. And noone knows who else bought their stuff in foreign countries yet and offers sealed copies as originals. This is fun.... :P
Angelheart

Post by Angelheart »

that guy was the first to be fooled in ebay 3 months ago and because he couldn't communicate well with the seller, he decided wrongly to sell it without mentioning it is a bootleg.Another fool bought it and he will leave him a good feedback etc etc and the story goes on.
Hurray!
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

It's getting better and better every day ... :twisted:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWAX:IT
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

LethylSteel wrote:It's getting better and better every day ... :twisted:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... K:MEWAX:IT
At least the cover artwork does look really good on 12'' size.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Unfortunately that's not true. eBay only takes action if the reporter is a VeRO registrant, else you can have 1000 people report it to no avail.