Witchhammer-1487 When was released ?

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Fucking Åmål

Witchhammer-1487 When was released ?

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I have seen their album that it was released sometimes in 1989,1990,1991
when in fact it was released?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I used to own this record and I'm pretty sure the cover said 1990. I have a scan of it on another computer. Give me a few days and I'll check to be sure.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I have Witchhammer's 1487(one of the best bands ever!) and in the special thanks it writes HELLO TO THE BANDS:Loader,Artch,Purgatory,Accessory,Equinox,Arctic Thunder,Blue Velvet,Darkness,Madonna War,Buttocks,Misslead
I know of course Loader,Artch,Equinox and i think know of Misslead but the others are Norwegian?Have they released a demo,Lp in the 80's or early 90's?
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Buttocks was a norvegian death/thrash band. They've released a demo in 1988 or 1989, if I remember well.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Thanx for the info.More anyone?
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

There are at least 2 Purgatory's. One is from the US playing thrash. their only album is called Tied to the trax. The other Purgatory is from Germany playing death/thrash, more death than thrash, I don't like the latter.

I only know a Darkness from Germany who play a verg good blend of good old German Thrash. Their albums are rather easy to find on LP or CD. Great band!!
Long Live The Loud !!!
Ryacus

Post by Ryacus »

Quoting from the cover sleeve, 1487 was originally released in March 1990 as a self-financed release.

I've never heard this album :cry: I have an album called the lost tapes supposedly they are some recording sessions from when they were recording 1487 perhaps I'll upload it if you can upload 1487.

All these bands seem to be norwegian and they are all listed on metal archives.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Sentinel wrote:There are at least 2 Purgatory's. One is from the US playing thrash. their only album is called Tied to the trax.
They also have an EP which was released before the full-length. It's in the same style with TTTT, the same songs are included in the LP but they sound more raw and quirky. I wouldn't call them 'thrash' though. A quite rare US metal item.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Both PURGATORY's vinyls are crushing POWER METAL par excellence!! They are on par with RUTHLESS, and only an inch behind AMPLE DESTRUCTION. Underrated classic!!
We praise the blood that metal brings
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

OmenOfSteel wrote:and only an inch behind AMPLE DESTRUCTION.
Hey Roman, how many cm is an inch? 1.000.000 perhaps? :lol:
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Of corpse PURGATORY(US) are classic band.I have the Tied To The Trax on vinyl and i am addicted to it for many years one of 50 best US bands for sure.
PURGATORY for me are equal(or maybe a little better)to the classic also Jag Panzer's album.
Herkus Monte

Re: Witchhammer-1487 When was released ?

Post by Herkus Monte »

I have seen that several copies of 1487 CD reissue were put up for sale for a rather ordinary price. I didn't buy that CD when it was out (actually I did order that, but the parcel got lost :evil: ) and pretty soon its price was increasing to some ridiculous amounts (I am certain I've seen it offered for $100 or so). I am contemplating getting it now, but since there was a bootleg edition too, I am hesitant. Does anyone know if maybe a deadstock was found or just Dazed and Confused decided to press additional copies?
Coincidentally there will be a reedition on vinyl in the beginning of 2016.