Medieval - Medieval (US)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Traitor wrote: Did you know there's also a red vinyl acetate (hype) in strictly limited pressing?...this one I sadly don't have though :-)
no.

an acetate of the s/t 12"? pretty cool!
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

No, it's an acetate 7" including the tracks 'Death Song b/w Hype'.....I guess just less than 10 copies pressed, and maybe even coloured (red), don't ask me if anyhow original or not though, I know for sure it's from the 80s'...I gues it's just like the Satan 'Heads Will Roll [live] b/w Hunt You Down [live]'...
no hope, no fear
gauze

Post by gauze »

I don't think I've ever heard of an acetate being red, they are not vinyl but "usually" 10" one sided disks with an aluminum backing with a layer of lacquer on them, and not pressed, but one off lathe cuts and it's pretty rare to make 10 since they cost a lot to make if it's coming from a record pressing place.

Maybe a test press of an abandoned self-released 7" if it's indeed red and a 7"?

or it could be some small run one-off type thing from a commercial machine that was popular in the 40s-60s in america at fun parks and carnivals that happened to still work as late as the mid80s?
the future language
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

No, I guess you're right, just a normal black acetate or simply a red vinyl boot...never seen one, but I have it on tape (and so my friend ARC ;-) so I'm sure it does exist
no hope, no fear
From_the_Fjords

Post by From_the_Fjords »

I bought some months ago the LIVE CD on Medieval official site; great recording! With Smokin' valves (Holocaust track) live... Great!!!!
tracklist: "Rules of Fools", "All Knobs to the Right", "Blood and Anger", "Reign of Terror", "Smokin' Valves", "Medieval", and "Black Assassin"

someone listen this CD? for me a great comeback :lol:

And Traitor said to me on Medieval site now is available a CD with demo tracks... 18 tracks; I must buy this one...

visit:
http://www.medieval-kills.com/index.htm
Traitor

Post by Traitor »

simply awesome!!!
Medieval rules! and even now after all these years they rock!
It would be great to see them live one day or another in a festival like KIT 8)
no hope, no fear
From_the_Fjords

Post by From_the_Fjords »

Traitor wrote:simply awesome!!!
Medieval rules! and even now after all these years they rock!
It would be great to see them live one day or another in a festival like KIT 8)
... a dream!!! :D :D :D :D
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

I never found anything great into that band strangely enough....
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

gues it's just like the Satan 'Heads Will Roll [live] b/w Hunt You Down [live]
What does that mean exactly???????
DeathMetalWeenie

Post by DeathMetalWeenie »

Dig through your stacks of Kick*Ass monthly, man that band had alot of coverage in that magazine. I like them more than most metal fans do, I guess, back then 1983 until the debut album. I found the band to be a pretty good band at 3 minute metal songs. But as time went on I got more and more into vintage-era Metallica, Satan and Mercyful Fate. I always had a appreciation those artist complexity, with killer riffs.

I waited 20 years for "Medieval Kills" to be put on to CD, it was pressed in a limited run of 1000 copies, I was lucky enough to get this as a pre-order from New Renissance. My payment arrived the same week, as when the CD's were being pressed.

The band is a cool mix of Motorhead, Holocaust, with some of their own originality.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

big mouth wrote:
gues it's just like the Satan 'Heads Will Roll [live] b/w Hunt You Down [live]
What does that mean exactly???????
There is an acetate from the 80s (don't know year) pressed in 6 copies w/ PS.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL