Italian Metal of the 80's on vinyl

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

Nonseinormale65 wrote:28)Cappanera -- Non c'è più mondo(1991,Minotauro records,pl+mc+cd),formed by Cappanera brothers(from Strana Officina),it was a side project,very good hard rock with italian lirycs,very easy to find -- the band recorded a master called "K" in 1993(great AOR with italian lirycs),featuring Morby(Sabotage,Domine) on vocals,but sadly Cappanera Brothers died in a car crash and the album was never published(but cdr copies circulated among fan and collectors :wink: ).
What do you mean it was never published?
I got it!
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

vasilis2112 wrote:
Nonseinormale65 wrote:28)Cappanera -- Non c'è più mondo(1991,Minotauro records,pl+mc+cd),formed by Cappanera brothers(from Strana Officina),it was a side project,very good hard rock with italian lirycs,very easy to find -- the band recorded a master called "K" in 1993(great AOR with italian lirycs),featuring Morby(Sabotage,Domine) on vocals,but sadly Cappanera Brothers died in a car crash and the album was never published(but cdr copies circulated among fan and collectors :wink: ).
What do you mean it was never published?
I got it!
You got it?Maybe you are speaking about of "Materialiazin' Dream"(1998,cd on Lucretia records),after the 1993 car crash in which Cappanera brothers (Fabio and Roberto)met their death,Rolando Cappanera(son of Roberto Cappanera)and his cousin Dario Cappanera went on with this monicker and recorded this cd(but Materialiazin Dreams is more modern metal/industrial than anything else from the old stuff of Strana Officina/Cappanera,officially Materializin Dreams is the second album by Cappanera,but as i wrote the line up is totally different,actually this is the third record whit this monicker);instead i was speaking about their second unreleased album(known among fans and collectors as "K"), there was Morby(Airspeed,Sabotage,Domine etc)on lead vocals(all lyrics are in italian)Fabio And Roberto Cappanera(guitars and drums) and Andrea Castelli(on bass guitar);it was recorded in 1993(seven songs were completed)but never published officially because of the car crash; it's a great album if you like AOR!!!(i have a cdr copy that Bud Ancillotti gave me many years ago :wink: ) --- rumors say that an official publication will occur within one year :wink:
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

Sorry, I thought you were speaking about the 1991 LP!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Nonseinormale65 wrote: 84)Incinerator -- UH!?!(1989,on Sonic Attack,on red vinyl only);good thrash metal band from Sicily,easy to find(at least here in Italy :wink: ),from 15 to 30 euro.
I ve seen this listed on white vinyl ??
Nonseinormale65

The Knell wrote:
Nonseinormale65 wrote: 84)Incinerator -- UH!?!(1989,on Sonic Attack,on red vinyl only);good thrash metal band from Sicily,easy to find(at least here in Italy :wink: ),from 15 to 30 euro.
I ve seen this listed on white vinyl ??
Are you sure? -- I remember at the time of publication the band and the label were accurate in that regard, the disc is on red vinyl only(and i never saw different copies in fairs,lists or websites)

P.S.let me make just some gossip...in the early 90 'Antonio Silvia (bass player and mastermind of the band) broke up the band and disappeared from circulation for many many years(note that he was a prime mover in the Southern Italian HM scene,he organized concerts and wrote a fanzine),then recently, while doing research on the internet to write an article on the southern italian metal scene of the 80's i came across his name,now he lives in California,he is a successful businessman who runs a large winery, here is a picture with his band (taken from the lp back cover,he is the first from the left)and a much more recent photo :lol:

Nonseinormale65

116)Morpheus -- Metal Heart(1985,mini lp on MPH,private pressing,4 tks)born as Springwater(the band was from Pontassieve near Firenze) in the early 80's this power trio changed name in 1983 and published this rare mini lp,good hard and heavy,though it is becoming hard to find this is not well known so sometimes you can find for cheap(from 20 to 40 euro if vg or near mint).

117)Nadaij -- Welcome(1989,mini lp on Metal Master,5 tks)founded by former members of Bloody Skizz and New Age this four piece came from Milano,they played melodic hard rock/aor(produced by AC Wild from Bulldozer),sometimes you can find it for cheap on ebay and fairs(20/30 euro).

118)Necrodeath -- Into the Macabre(1987,lp on Nightmare Productions)reissued on vinyl in 2009 by Foad records(first 100 copies on blue vinyl) + Fragments of Insanity(1989,lp on Metal Master);on 2009 Terror From hell records reissued on 10" vinyl format of the "The shining pentagram" demo 4tks;for collectors and maniacs i signal the official reissue on 10" splatter vinyl of the Ghostrider "Mayhemic Destruction" 4 tks demo(1984,pre Necrodeath) by Foad Records(you can buy it for ten euro at http://www.foadrecords.it/).
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Nonseinormale65 wrote:
41)Dark Crystal -- Il Sogno del Guerriero(1990,private pressing),only 50 copies made,recorded in Karlsruhe(Germany)by well known producer Kai Schluenz in his Katapult studios;conceived as promo copies for labels and management(as stated in the back cover),side b was recorded live in Karlsruhe on 5 october 1990;almost impossible to find,it's a mix of 70' medieval/prog/hard rock(and metal in a couple of songs).
This one ended today for 230 Dollar...

Not that high for such a rare album.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
Nonseinormale65 wrote:
41)Dark Crystal -- Il Sogno del Guerriero(1990,private pressing),only 50 copies made,recorded in Karlsruhe(Germany)by well known producer Kai Schluenz in his Katapult studios;conceived as promo copies for labels and management(as stated in the back cover),side b was recorded live in Karlsruhe on 5 october 1990;almost impossible to find,it's a mix of 70' medieval/prog/hard rock(and metal in a couple of songs).

you got it?
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

The Knell wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
Nonseinormale65 wrote:

you got it?
Not yet 8)

The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
The Knell wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:

you got it?
Not yet 8)
Is it actually good?
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

The Knell wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
The Knell wrote:
you got it?
Not yet 8)
Is it actually good?
I have no idea :lol:

Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
The Knell wrote:Is it actually good?
Your willing to pay $230 for an album that you haven't even heard before? :roll:
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
The Knell wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
Not yet 8)
Is it actually good?
That's the spirit :lol: at least you're honest :lol:
Nonseinormale65

119)Neurodeliri -- same(1993,mini lp on ND,7 tks,private pressing)formed in 1987 by founding members of Bulldozer(Erminio Galli and Dario"neurodeliri" Carria who committed suicide in 1988,Bulldozer dedicated to their old friend the Neurodeliri album);in the first demo tape the lyrics were in Milanese dialect,in the lp the lyrics are in italian;it was a good speed metal band(quite easy to find,from 10 to 25 euro if vg or mint);an anthological reissue with demos and live tracks is expected by the end of 2010 on Jolly Roger Records.

120)Nevrotic Sisma -- Danger/Regina Bianca,Regina Nera(1986,7" private pressing),the metal archives file is wrong(the image of the cover artwork is ok,but it's a 7" 45 rpm and not a demo;they recorded a first 3 tks self titled demo in 1985(with italian lyrics,Supercaos,Necrofilia Story ,Shock Blasfemo were the titles)a second demo named "Il negromante" was recorded in 1987(Negromante,Stella Cometa,Dominio e Sterminio ,Rabbia were the titles);musically they were devoted to Judas Priest (especially for the high pitched vocals)and the guitar riffing,also had some obscure influences by B.O.C. -- unfortunately,the production of the 7" is very crappy,but the music is very good(imo :wink: ),quite hard to find(25/30 euro or more).

121)New Age -- New Age/Nessuno Ci fermerà(1981,7"on Belgravia Records -- the year on the Metal archives file is wrong),born in 1979 in Milano,they also recorde two demos(1983 and 1984)and supported Raven during thir italian tour in 1981;good hard/metal with italian lyrics,some of their members then played with Vanadium;very hard to find,60/70 euro or more.
Nonseinormale65

122)Nico's Fleet -- Born For Your Ears(1988,mini lp on Video Star) + Burned Down To The Wire(1992,lp on Video Star)band formed in Tarquinia(near Rome),both very hard to find(as all the other stuff realized by Video Star);decent neo classical metal(for those who likes Malmsteen,Impellitteri etc.); after the split of the band Nico Tamburella(the leader and guitar player)moved to Los Angeles for some years and then to London where now he lives and keeps on playing and recording metal albums with his Nico's Alchemy.

123)Nuclear Symphony -- Lost In Wonderland(1989,lp on Metal Master)good thrash metal band from Favara(Sicily),quite easy to find.

124)Oblivion -- Same(1991,min lp on OBL,private pressing,6 tks,only 500 copies made)good thrash metal act from Emilia Romagna;hard to find,60/70 euro.

125)Odessa -- Profumo D'oriente/1984(1981,7" on Italian records)almost unknown band from Bologna,very hard to find;they played a mix of hard rock and prog(a la Uriah Heep/Quatermass)with duelling guitar and keys(note that side b is instrumental).

126)Old Yron -- Same(1989,mini lp,private pressing)formed in 1974 in Mestre(near Venezia)as a cover band,after many changes of the line up they realized this very obscure gem of the italian metal,almost impossible to find! -- it seems that only 1000 copies were made but because of distribution problems only a few dozen have circulated at that time.