Italian Metal of the 80's on vinyl

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

127)Out -- Destroyed Xmas/Sensations(1985,7" on Out Production,private pressing)band from milano,they played good hard/aor but with crappy productions;only promo copies were made,sleeveless,nowaday it is impossible to find.

128)Overage -- Sin City(1988,mini lp on Metal Master)formed in Milano as Athena in 1980 by Franco Avella(drums,founding member of Vanadium in 1979)changed monicker at the beginning of 1988;they recorded two demo tapes(Sometimes Lovers and Don't Surrender)and this mini lp/ep;good hard and heavy,quite easy to find here in Italy(from 15 to 35 euro,don't pay no more!).

129Overdose -- Last Power(1990,it's a mini lp and not a demo as reported on Metal Archives :wink: ,private pressing,all copies with poster)decent thrash/hardcore band from Lecco,easy to find(from 20 to 30 euro if vg or near mint).
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
Nonseinormale65

130)Oxido --- Breaking Down The Walls(1990,Mercury records on lp and cd)the cd is very hard to find(400/500 euro or more );I personally do not consider this band as if it were Italian(only guitar player Tancredi"Tank Palmer"Palamara was),the others were from Switzerland,anyway good melodic metal(later they changed name to Gunshy and recorded "Mayday" in 1995).

131)P.P.F. -- Tour(1987? the year is not sure,12" 4 tracks ep on Alt Music,private pressing)very unknown band from Piemonte in the north west of Italy,nice melodic hard rock/aor with amazing cover;almost impossible to find!

132)Pat Heaven -- Welcome to Heaven(1989,lp on Docam records,only 300 numbered copies made,it includes also a poster)reissued on vinyl(only 120 copies made)in 1999 by Andromeda Relix(note that they used original covers that the band had in stock);good melodic hard/melodicmetal(for those who likes Rainbow and Deep Purple),very hard to find.

133)Fabrizio Pieraccini -- Affetti Smarriti/Digli No(1991,12" 45 rpm ep on RCA records),very good melodic hard/aor(for those who likes Stan Bush or Van Stephenson),very hard to find(70/80 euro)in 2003 and 2005 this artist published with his band "Green" two amazing albums for those who likes aor/pomp rock.
Nonseinormale65

134)Power Skin -- Mittel Europa/Tu hai il male dentro(1989,7" on Rebelles Europeens,1000 copies made) + Celtica Bianca Spada(1991,lp on Rebelles Europeens,a french label specialized in OI! releases)skinhead/OI! band(but they played metal and not punk :wink: ) from Monfalcone(in the north east of Italy,near Slovenia),both very hard to find.

135)Presence -- The Shadowing(1990,mini lp,private pressing,500 copies made)born in Napoli as Hellrage at the beginning of 1980(with this monicker they supported Picture during their italian tour in 1982)very hard to find,the band then published several cd(all on Black Widow records),a very good band,a mix of dark,heavy metal and prog.

136)Primeteens -- Bikers From Hell(1989,lp on Lakota records)scorching garage/hard rock band from Bologna,a metallic version of Blue Cheer,Stooges and MC5,not so hard to find(20/30 euro).

137)Purple Angels -- Same(1991,lp and mc on Axis records)good band from Torino,for those who likes Deep Purple/Rainbow,not so hard to find,still active as 60/70 a tribute band(they are the backing band of Ian Paice when he plays solo's gigs in Italy).

138)R.A.F.(Royal Air Force) -- Same(1985,mini lp on Axe Killer Records) + Fasten Your Seat Belts(1988,lp on Metal Master) + Leading The Riot(1989,lp on Metal Master)good melodic metal band from Milano,they were very popular in Italy in the 80's(they also supportedManowar, Metallica,Kiss,Iron Maiden etc.)but they committed the seriuos mistake to play as backing band of Jovanotti(a well known italian rapper)losing favor with fans so much to force them to disband.
Nonseinormale65

139)Rabid Duck -- Who framed rabid duck(1989,lp on LM records)good crossover band(for those who likes D.R.I. S.O.D. Gang Green etc.)quite easy to find,with ironic and irriverent lyrics;very nice cover(it includes a sticker)with kind of demonic Disney's ducks.

140)RAFF -- Same(1985.mini lp on SPQR)born at the end of the 70's as Trancefusion(a punk band)in 1980 changed monicker beginning to play metal and supporting Ian Gillan and Iron Maiden in 1981 during their italian tours;RAFF recorded a first EP for EMI Italia(but it was never released) and a full lenght album(Gates of Fortune)for King Steve Records(and even that was published :cry: );Bianco brothers(founding members and core of the band)also played live in the USA during the 80's as session men for historical hardcore band Raw Power;this mini lp is very hard to find,with ups and downs they are still active.

141)Rain -- Ten Years After(1991,lp on Sysma Records),Bologna based band,among italian prime movers(founded in 1980),in this lp they played melodic and commercial metal(later after changing line up,the sound became more powerful,a mix of Saxon, Priest and US Power),very hard to find;the file on Metal Archives is wrong,they rely on an EP(The Rain is Coming)in 1986 but actually it was only a demo tape and not a vinyl(a few years ago they released it on cdr).
Nonseinormale65

142)Randagi -- Hard states of consciousness(1989, lp on Crime records) + Seismic Area(1991,mini lp on Helter Skelter)good crossover/thrash band from Napoli,both vinyls are easy to find(10/20 euro).

143)Requiem -- Ex Voto(1988,mini lp on Minotauro records) + Requiem 1985/1988(1989,only on mc,on Minotauro records) + Via Crucis(1990,lp on Minotauro records) + Live(1992,lp on Minotauro records).

144)Revenge -- Hotzone(1985,mini lp on Minotauro records),born as an epic metal band in 1981,later they changed sound playing melodic metal and recording this mini lp(quite easy to find,20/30 euro).

145)Rex Inferi -- The damage has been done(1986,mini lp on LM records),not so easy to find,40/50 euro + Like an Hurricane(2005,lp and cd on LM records/Andromeda Relix;originally recorded in 1988/89 but unreleased at that time).

146)Rising Power -- The rock is never ending(1989,lp on Gamma Records) + Troppo Oro e Argento(1992,lp on MMS,300 copies made)melodic hard/metal band(for those who likes Rainbow,Bonnet/Turner era),both are hard to find,100 euro or more.

147)Rock Train Band -- Buon Compleanno/Sulla Strada(1982,7" on Belgravia Records,the same label of Bloody Skizz,New Age etc.)this band was founded in 1979 in Genova,side A is an electric hard rock ballad,side B seems as it came out from NWOBHM's cauldron,very hard to find;in the middle of the 80's they changed line up and sound playing mainstream rock and they are still active!

148)Rockside -- When the roses knock at the door/When i Don't...(1992,7" on Rockside records,private pressing)good melodic band(for those who likes Icon and Dokken),almost impossible to find,this 7" was released posthumously after the death of their singer in a car accident.
Nonseinormale65

149)Rod Sacred -- same(1989,lp on Metalnews),good metal band from Sardegna,this lp is hard to find(70/80 euro or more) + Sucker of Souls(1997,only on mc,on Supporto Italiano).

150)Rollerball -- Outlast the Game(1984,mini lp,private pressing),quite hard to find,and one of the best record from Italy during the early 80's + Dont' Push The Button(1986,double ep 12" on Contempo records),here the band changed sound playing new wave/synth pop,avoid this shit like the plague!

151)Rotters -- Margini(1987,lp on Picchiamucca records,private pressing)obscure and mysterious band from Cuneo,musically they played hard/metal with an alienating use of the keys and italian lyrics;very hard to find,but it comes off for cheap at least until now(10/20 euro) :wink: .

152)Rude Boys -- I will let you go/Going Away(1987,7" on Dischi Rockstar,private pressing),very hard to find(80 euro or more),the band sold some copies during gigs,but dissatisfied of the crappy sound they stopped the selling(actually it's not so bad,musically side A is hard/boogie a là AC/DC,side b is an hard/blues ballad that reminds me of stuff like Soldier of Fortune by Deep Purple); + We are rockin'you(1990, 4 tracks 12 "EP on Fireball mangement,the metal archives file is wrong,it reports only three tks),sturdy hard/metal,quite hard to find,40/50 euro.
Nonseinormale65

153)Rude -- Legs and Flags(1989,lp on RUDE,private pressing),quite hard to find,this lp has an amazing cover made as a kind of old parchment with a wax seal,with the musicians dressed like US soldiers in the Civil War;musically it's a good album if you like hard/blues,for whose who likes early ZZ TOP,D.A.D. Gringos Locos etc.

154)Ruggeri Project -- Mutant Kind(1989,lp on LM records),good melodic metal for this young guitar hero(he was nineteen at that time),not so hard to find(20/30 euro).

155)Run After To -- Same(1988,mini lp on Minotauro record,500 copies made)formed in 1983 in Pesaro(the same town of P.Chain,with whom they collaborated several times,he also produced this record),quite hard to find,for those who love mystery and darkness in heavy music.
Nonseinormale65

156)S.P.A. -- Stars Poked Away(1987,lp on Fantasy/D'Herin records)good melodic metal band(for those who likes Quiet Riot and Scorpions),not so hard to find(25/35 euro).

157)Sabotage -- Behind The Lines(1986,lp on Trans Euro records -- reissued in 1987 on LM records with different cover artwork) + Welcome/King of the dreams(1987,12" ep split with P.Chain,on Minotauro Records) + Heroes of the grave/Warmachine(1987,12" gravestone shaped vinyl,on Trans Euro records,500 numbered copies made --- note that also exists a limited 12" sleeveless heart shaped black vinyl version,only 25 copies made on Azra/Trans Euro) + Hoka Hey(1989,lp on Metal Master) + Rumore nel Vento(2009,lp on Jolly Roger records,originally recorded in 1984 but unreleased on vinyl at that time).

158)Sadist -- Black Screams(1991,12" ep on Obscure Plasma) + Above the Light(1993,lp on Nosferatu records).

159)Schizo -- Main Frame Collapse(1989,lp on Crine Records),very hard to find(50/60 euro);F.OA.D. Records announced a reissue by the end of 2010 on double gatefold lp.

160)Schyte -- The darkness comes(1988,lp on Metal Master)decent metal band from Milano,easy to find(15/25 euro).
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

there are two pressings of Schizo, at least two different jackets, but only small differences on the back cover. I think it was something with the font
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I hope "The damage has been done" will be reissued on cd !

I have the Sadist 7", how much could it worth ? :)
Nonseinormale65

Helstar wrote:I have the Sadist 7", how much could it worth ? :)
Not so much :wink: http://www.cdandlp.com/liste/index.cfm? ... dist&srt=4
Pavlos

Post by Pavlos »

AWESOME THREAD!!!

Got the OLD YRON Reissue (from Shadow Kingdom) on the KIT market and i really like it. Some real weird stuff!!!
Nonseinormale65

161)Sepolmia -- When we are upset(1993,lp and mc on Riv records,private pressing)decent thrash metal band from Cremona(Max Pieri,the drummer,also played with Raw Power,the legendary italian hardcore band,in the middle of the 90's Sepolmia recycled as Sepultura's tribute band);note that lp and mc have similar but different cover artwork(the cover on Metal Archives is taken from the mc,the lp cover has nine skull);it's becoming hard to find,from 40 euro up.

162)Serena Rock Band -- Same(1984,lp on City records)one of the prime mover hard/metal band in Italy(and still active),this lp is very hard to find,but sometimes you can find it for a reasonable price(from 40 euro up).

163)Severance -- Severance/Umore(1988,7" on Babakù,private pressing) + Urla di Strada(1990,lp on Diva Records)great melodic metal band with very good production(with two former members of Dark Lord),the 7" is almost impossible to find,the lp is easier(from 30 euro up).

164)Shabby Trick -- Bad Ass(1989,lp on Cult'n'Roses)good glam/street band from Firenze,the guitar player,Max Bronx,also played with Death SS and the singer Andy69 (real name Andrea Pieroni) has become the main organizer of metal concerts in Italy with his LIVE agency(Gods of Metal fest,Iron Maiden,Metallica,Ozzy etc. etc.);the band has just reformed with only guitar and bass player from the original line up;the lp is quite hard to find(30/40 euro up).
Nonseinormale65

165)Sharks -- Tentazioni/Questa Donna(1988,7" on CGD) + Notti di Fuoco(1988,lp on CGD) + Il mio Rock'n'Roll/Dimmi che ci stai(1989,7" on CGD);good melodic hard rock/metal band from Milano;all records quite easy to find(CGD was a Major),the lp for 15/25 euro if near mint or sealed(a second lp,"Slow Song"was recorded in 1990 but never released on Vinyl or cd,only few advanced promo cdr copies circulated,it was more melodic than the first lp,in very AOR vein).

166)Shoggoth -- Same(1990,lp on Carrefours Records,it includes a poster of the band)good power/prog metal band from Roma(later in the 90's they recorded three cds),this lp is quite hard to find,70 euro or more.

167)Skanners -- Dirty Armada(1986,lp on CGD) +Pictures of War(1988,lp on CGD)one of the oldest italian metal band(and still active,from the 90's on they published several cds),good melodic metal band from Bolzano,lps and cds are easy to find.

168)Smash Hits -- Hell In a Nightmare/I go down in the streets(1986,7" on Celeste Records)formed in 1979 in San Donà di Piave(a small town near Venezia)a good melodic metal band in the vein of bands like Grand Prix,Stampede and Kooga;this 7" is quite hard to find,30/40 euro or more.
Nonseinormale65

169)Special Guitars -- Big theme of rock(1989,lp on Black Rock Records)this band is nothing else but(italian) Firehouse under a false name,this lp is an instrumental one but do not expect excessive guitar virtuosity,it's a good melodic album(side A is a mix of AOR and Pomp metal in the vein of Giuffria and Prophet,side B is more heavy and aggressive),if there had been a singer it would be a great lp(imo :wink: );3.000 copies were made,but because of distribution problems only a few hundred(no more than 200 or 300) have really circulated.

170)Sphinx -- Here we are(1981,lp on Peak records,with the subtitle of "Rock made in Italy" -- maybe a different 1981 pressing exists on Aurophon records) --- reissued in 1985 (surely on Mausoleum Records with the title of "Burning Light",and maybe on Camel records)with a different cover artwork,the songs are the same but with a different tracking list;this was a german based bands formed by italian emigrants,the music suffered the heritage of the 70's(Purple,Uriah Heep etc.)but also had dark influences a là Black Sabbath and Witchfinder General;if anyone has some news about Aurophon and Camel pressings,please let me know :wink:

Image Image

171)Spitfire -- Blade Runner/A quiet man(1984,7" on Minotauro records)very good metal band from Verona,influenced by NWOBHM,this 7" is very hard to find(40/50 euro or more);Minotauro/Markuee reissued it in 2008 on vinyl(it'is almost impossible to distinguish the original from the reissue,they are perfectly identical,of course the reissue looks "younger" :wink: ).

172)Spock -- Same(1981,lp on Edi Pan Records),Roma based band,musically the did not have a clear line(some tracks reminds of the Ac/Dc's hard/Boogie,a couple seems inspired by early Van Halen stuff and some others sounds like Rush/Saga);very hard to find,70/80 euro or more.

173)Station Rail Road -- Lochness/Evening Star(1981,7" on Belgravia Records)power trio from Varese(in the deep north of Italy),side A is inspired by Thin Lizzy(the riff is irish/folk influenced,with a good guitar wall of sound),side B is more Dark/NWOBHM influenced;almost impossible to find,80/100 euro.