Italian Metal of the 80's on vinyl

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

71)The Guns -- Mirrors(1988,lp on Pop Core Records)thrash metal band from Firenze,very hard to find,but crappy production and very poor quality songs.

72)H.Kristal -- 1981(1992,mini lp on Fireball productions),born in 1981(that's why their record has this title),very hard to find(from 80 to 120 euro)it has a good production,very good songs,for those who likes Fates Warning/Queensryche stuff(1987/1990 era).

73)Hallowed -- Same(1986,lp private pressing)hard to find,from 70 to 120 euro(but after the cd reissue it's easier :wink: )until some months ago two different edition were known(i discovered a third edition some months ago,maybe it is a misspress),there is the "normal" edition(with that kind of goblin on the front cover and a band's picture on the back),a special edition with white cover,published and sold only on the 1986's christmas day during a benefit gig for UNICEF(on the front cover there is "Hallowed for Unicef",almost impossible to find);the third version maybe is a mispress as i wrote before,in the back cover there is only the track list,the band's picture is missing.

74)Halloween -- L.A.D.Y.(1985,mini lp on Discotto Metal)very hard to find(100 euro or more)born as a heavy/epic metal act(the "Evil metal" demo),this band changed sound towards glam metal;the members have repeatedly announced and then postponed the cd reissue of all their material(early demo,mini lp and live stuff)

75)Headcrasher -- Nothing will remain(1989,lp on Metalnews Records) + Introspection(1991,lp on Dracma metal Records)good thrash metal act.
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
Nonseinormale65

76)Heart on the rocks -- Believe me/Dance on Jailhouse rock(1989,7" 45 rpm,private pressing),from Milano,good heavy pomp(for those who likes bands such Prophet and House of Lords)almost impossible to find!

77)Hearts on Fire -- Canadian Dry(1989,lp on Black Rose inc.),only very few promo copies circulated in a white thin paper sleeve,imalmost impossible to find,it includes a promotional sheet with two photos and meager biographical notes;very good melodic hard rock/aor.

78)Heaven Keys -- Let's go easy/you got the rock'n'roll(1989,7" 45 rpm on Minotauro records);melodic keyboards oriented hard rock(they reminded me of Angel,also for their "all white" look);not so hard to find,from 15 to 30 euro.

79)Hocculta -- Warning Games(1984,lp on Discotto Metal) + Back In The Dark(1989,lp on Metal Master)

80)Hot Honey -- Lies and Promises(1988,mini lp on Fireball management),only very few sleeveless promo copies circulated,they signed a deal with Discotto Metal to release the album but the band splitted up just some months before,almost impossible to find;the band was from Padova,the lead guitar player was Alex Favaretto(aka Alex de Rosso,later with Dark Lord and also with Dokken in their 2001 tour);a good glam metal band!

81)Hot Pets -- Love Games(1989 and not 1990 as stated on Metal Archives,there is also a mistake on the Italian metal encyclopedia,it shows 1987 as year of release,mini lp released on Tekno Records,),this band was from Sassari(Sardegna)a good glam/street metal band;very hard to find,80 euro or more(a second mini lp was recorded but never released,cdr copies of the master circulates among collectors :wink: )

82)Hurricane Makers Band -- Same(1988,mini lp on Veronica Label,private pressing) + Let's start the engine(1992,lp on Veronica Label,private pressing),both very hard to find,in the vein of early Whitesnake.
Nonseinormale65

83)Hyaena -- Grey Sky(1990,mini lp on LM records) + The ground,the light,the sound(1992,lp on LM records),good prog metal for this band,both easy to find(from 20 to 40 euro each).

84)Incinerator -- UH!?!(1989,on Sonic Attack,on red vinyl only);good thrash metal band from Sicily,easy to find(at least here in Italy :wink: ),from 15 to 30 euro.

85)Janum -- Tempo di vittoria/Rivoluzione(1976,7" 45rpm on Janus records,private pressing),recorded live;then they changed name to Janus,see 86 for more details.

86)Janus -- Same(1977,this record is also known as "European Rock Ensemble",7" ep 33rpm,five tracks,on Janus records,private pressing) + Al maestrale(1978,lp on Janus records,private pressing;reissued in 1979 on mc on Janus/VDF records;reissued on cd in 1995 as a private pressing;rereissued on cd in 1997 on Cosmorecord;rereissued in 500 copies on lp in 1998 on Bondage records);this band was from Rome,their music was a mix of hard rock and prog(they remind me of Jethro Tull's hardest stuff),they were politically aligned to the far right, from the perspective of the lyrics(all in italian) they were a fascist band;it is almost impossible find the first pressing of their stuff(especially Al maestrale)because the warehouse in which were contained most of the copies was burned during the so-called "italian's lead years",during clashes between fascists and communists.

87)Jester Beast -- Poetical Freakscream(1991,lp on GLC records) + Serial Killer(1992,ep 12" 45 rpm on J.B. records -- 500 numbered copies).

88)Justide -- Uomo Lupo(1986,lp on Drums record)five pieces from Torino,a good hard rock band(for those who likes Deep Purple and Rainbow),almost impossible to find,some of the former members still play in Deep Purple/Whitesnake tribute band.

89)K.S. -- On Fire(1987,lp on Harmony records)a ggod album of Hard Rock/AOR,the band was from Milano,very hard to find.
Nonseinormale65

90)Latitudine 45 -- La città/neve(1982,7" on Drums records)almost impossible to find,this band was totally devoted to B.O.C.(even their logo reminds the symbol of chaos).

91)Legec -- Le ragioni della speranza(1989,mini lp on City records),very hard to find(from 80 to 120 euro);they came from Lecco(in the north of Italy),musically they played an heavy metal based on dueling guitar and keyboards;after the split the rythm section and the guitar player will create Testimonia,a thrash metal trio( they recorded two cds in the early 90's).

92)Libra -- Beyond the mind curtain(1988,lp on City Record)Bologna based band,they played melodic metal,not so hard to find(sometimes it is cheap,from 15 to 25 euro).

93)Lipstick -- Quelle del Rock'n'Roll/Dannato Angelo(1989,7" on CGD Records) + Che donne saremo/Quelle del Rock'n'Roll(1990,7" on CGD Records) + Lipstick(1990,lp on CGD Records)all female band from Milano,they played good hard rock/aor.
Nonseinormale65

94)Lord Crucifier -- Will Evil Win?(1987,split 7" flexi disc wit 3 others bands, with the track Deserter to freedom,on Peaceville records) + The focus of life(1988,lp on metalworks records)

95)Love machine -- Same(1989,lp on Sanremo Hit records),good band from Milano,this is their debut and was still immature,it's quite hard to find(50 euro or more,some copies were for promotional use and included a promotional flyer and a photo of the band),later they changed line up and recorded two very good melodic metal cd in the 90's.

96)Loveless -- So Wild/Sex Addict(1989,7" on Lakota Music)good glam metal band(for whose who likes Tigertailz and Wratchild UK),they were from Bologna,it's their only vinyl and is very hard to find.

97)Lunar sex -- Same(1982,lp on Pink Records)Roma based band,they started as a punk/new wave band at the end of the 70's(in 1980 they contributed to a rare rock compilation with two tracks),then changed line up and sound toward HM;very hard to find(150 euro or more),good album for those who likes NWOBHM contaminated with new wave/punk.

98 )M.A.C.E. -- State Of Excitement(1989,lp on LM Records),good power/thrash metal,easy to find(from 25 to 40 euro).

99)Macid -- Milano sempre sarai/Contaminazione(1980,7" on NAR records);almost impossible to find;this was the first band of Caruso brothers(Firehouse,Special Guitars,Arachnes etc.),Franco Caruso(guitar)was 12 years old at that time!!!,a good example of Hard/metal with some punk influences in the voice lines.

100)Mad Poltergeist -- Mad'n'Damn'(1989,mini lp on Metalnews records),good thrash metal band from Genova(for those who likes Holy Terror and Mekong Delta),it's becoming hard to find,30/40 euro or more.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Just wanna give another tip-of-the-hat for all this info, Marco - awesome job - don't stop! A lot of comments/questions coming when time permits..
Nonseinormale65

Have you listen/seen the stuff i gave you at KIT?what do you think about?

P.S. Dan,feel free to share them all(except unreleased Danger Zone lp :wink: ).
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I don't know if this was discussed at some point, but apparently there was a batch of Paul Chain's Detaching From Satan that had the track order screwed up. Do you know anything about it?
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

Cochino wrote:I don't know if this was discussed at some point, but apparently there was a batch of Paul Chain's Detaching From Satan that had the track order screwed up. Do you know anything about it?
Isn't that the first press? Mine has a fucked up track order that has been fixed with a sticker on the label...
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I don't really know anything about it. Was it only in the first press?
Nonseinormale65

Yes,the first press was misspressed,two vinyl version exist , the first one with stickers and tracklist on label(because of the misprinting of the tracklist on Side A & Side B) and the second with "minotauro"
on label; also the cover has slight difference ( the border lines and the "detaching from satan" fonts).
Nonseinormale65

101)Madhouse -- Klein Circus(1990,7" 33rpm,split with Eversor,Kina and P.Chain,on Circus Reccords;it includes a poster) + O.D.I.A.M.I.(1992,aka One day In A Mine,lp on Circus Records);both not so hard to find,good thrash metal/crossover band.

102)Maline -- Same(1982,12" ep,3 tracks,on Sangy prod. -- private pressing);sleeveless,only 300 copies made for promotional use,the vinyl comes in an anonymous white cardboard cover;very hard to find.

103)Marylin 44 -- Rock'n'Roll rebel/Don't Lie(1990,7" on American Records,private pressing)almost impossible to find,very good street/glam metal(for those who likes L.A. Guns,Bang Tango etc.)band members had an average age of fifteen!

104)Marshall -- Magic diamonds(1990,lp on Metalnews)good heavy metal band from Napoli,splitted up in 1992,this lp is quite hard to find(from 60 euro up);reunited in 2001(with a different line up),they recorded two cd in a good prog metal vein in 2004 and 2006.

105)Alex Masi -- Fire In the rain(1987,lp on Metal Blade)+Downtown Dreamers(1988,lp on Metal Blade)+Attack of the Neon Sharks(1989,lp on Metal Blade)+Vertical Invader(1990,lp on Metal Blade);after leaving Dark Lord and Italy,Alex Masi moved to Los Angeles where Sound Barrier became his backing band.
agvd

Post by agvd »

Nonseinormale65 wrote: also the cover has slight difference ( the border lines and the "detaching from satan" fonts).
The borders and the words "Detaching from Satan" are different colors. Also, the back covers and writing on the spines are different.
Nonseinormale65

106)Maskim -- Same(1991,lp on Carrefours records,reissued a year later on cd with 3 bonus tks by Zasko Lab)the vinyl is clear and transparent,it was more than a decent thrash metal band from Roma(don't believe to the nasty review made on Metal Archives!),quite hard to find,70/80 euro up.

107)Meat Puppets -- Gold/Look at yourself(1982,7" on Drums records + Gold(1983,lp on Drums records,the inner sleeve includes all the lyrics )both hard to find,decent Hard/Heavy from Torino.

108)Mesa -- Same(1980,lp on Chic records),very hard to find,only for fanatics and completists,good guitar sound for this hard/heavy rock band but the drums sounds like crappy disco music!

109)Miss Daisy -- Pizza Connection(1989,lp on GWR Records),born from the ashes of Mausen and Stiff(prime mover bands from Rome in the early 80's),produced by Eddie"Fast"Clarke,very good street metal,quite easy to find on lp,rare promo cds copies were made for the USA,a reissue on cd is expected by the end of 2010/beginning of 2011 on Heart of Steel records.

110)Momobig Band -- All Over(1985,lp on Pentagramma) + Today/You have changed my life(1989,7" on Momo records,private pressing)decent AOR/Rock band from Torino(they are still active as a cover band);both the vinyl are hard to find,only for completist!

111)Mondocane -- Project One(1990mc and lp on Metal Master)born from the collaboration of Necrodeath and Schizo,it's quite hard to find,you can download for free at their official myspace :wink: www.myspace.com/mondocane2
Nonseinormale65

112)Monks -- Synapsis(1989,lp on Crime records)decent band from Udine,they played a mix of garage/hard rock and metal,not so hard to find,25/30 euro if mint.

113)Moon Of Steel -- Passions(1989,lp on Cult'n'Roses records)good melodic/prog metal band from Milano,not so hard to find(30/40 euro),the lp has a gatefold cover.

114)Morgana -- Same(1988,mini lp on Video Star records,4 tks) + Lady Winter(1989,lp,private pressing --- this lp should have been published by LM records,but it never happened,only few promo copies were made,maybe 20,it includes all the tracks from first EP,a bootleg version exist on lp and cd with different cover artwork) + Three years of madness(2005,lp and cd on LM records/Andromeda Relix;Morgana(under the monicker of Morgana Delaude) published in 1995 an EP 12" of disco music,Rock Steady Beat/Orinoc Flow(on Drohm records,it was a sub label of Flying Records,catalog number 015).

115)Masterstroke -- Silence(1988/89? the year is not sure -- lp on LM records,@Dan,maybe this is the missing album in the catalogue of LM :wink: number 23/24? -- sorry,but i never saw a copy :cry: )i know that only 20 promo copies were made(because the band split up before releasing it officially), anonymous white cover comes with copied lyricsheet + copied photo and tracklist,almost impossible to find,if someone wants it i saw a link where it is for sale for 510 euro :shock: -- the band was from Firenze and played speed metal.