Italian Metal of the 80's on vinyl

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Nonseinormale65 wrote:208)AA.VV. St. Anthony's Fire(1983,lp on Grillo Rekord -- not only metal,also punk/new wave,very hard to find,50 euro or more)
Nonseinormale65 wrote:216)AA.VV. Rock bands senza guinzaglio(1988,lp on King Steve records)
Never heard of these 2 before. Would be great to add them to the Comp-archive if you or anyone else feel they have the time to photo + rip them :)
Note that both Skull and Whitefire recorded a full lenght album(Skull in 1986 and Whitefire in 1989)but they were never released(Skull because of a fraud suffered by a label and Whitefire because of the label failure,cdr copies circulate among collectors).
That SKULL track is killer! Do you/anyone have the unreleased LP recording?
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

DaN wrote:
Nonseinormale65 wrote:208)AA.VV. St. Anthony's Fire(1983,lp on Grillo Rekord -- not only metal,also punk/new wave,very hard to find,50 euro or more)
Nonseinormale65 wrote:216)AA.VV. Rock bands senza guinzaglio(1988,lp on King Steve records)
Never heard of these 2 before. Would be great to add them to the Comp-archive if you or anyone else feel they have the time to photo + rip them :)
Note that both Skull and Whitefire recorded a full lenght album(Skull in 1986 and Whitefire in 1989)but they were never released(Skull because of a fraud suffered by a label and Whitefire because of the label failure,cdr copies circulate among collectors).
That SKULL track is killer! Do you/anyone have the unreleased LP recording?
Sorry Dan,i am searching it too(but don't despair,i often trade with other italian metal collectors and one day or another...),anyway you can listen to some Skull's stuff at http://www.italianmetal.it/enciclopedia ... llsardegna

P.S. i'll rip the two compilations sooner or later :wink:
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
Nonseinormale65

218)AA.VV. Heavy Rendez Vous(1988,mc and lp on LM records)not so hard to find(25 to 40 euro max if sealed)for more details see at http://www.thecorroseum.com/comps/heavyrendezvous.html

219)AA.VV. Four Kinds Of Metal(1989,lp on Minotauro records)not so hard to find(40/50 euro),musically oriented towards hard/melodic metal.

Side A:

1. Purple Angels -- Fire in the Sky
2. Dragon Rouge -- Sweetness Monger
3. Dreams of Glory -- When Hate becomes Love
4. Allied Forces -- American Girls
5. Allied Forces -- Without Words

Side B:

6. Dragon Rouge -- Troll Hattan
7. Dreams of Glory -- Shinin' Girl
8. Allied forces -- Screamin' in a Bad Night
9. Purple Angels -- Roundabout of a Crazy Horse

Purple Angels were devoted to Deep Purple/Rainbow sound,Dragon Rouge(hardly influenced by Van Halen and Magnum) recorded a first demo tape in 1986(and not an EP as stated on Metal Archives)and a second demo in 1989(with also live tracks):Dreams of Glory played traditional hm(influenced by Iron Maiden) and Allied Forces played melodic metal(for those who likes Dokken,Elektradrive etc.),note that all the bands involved in this compilation came from the same city,Torino.

220)AA.VV. Surgery of Power(1989,lp on Fireball/LM records)promoted by Antonio Ferro(the largest collector of italian studio and live demos and metal dj)and his Fireball management,this compilation is oriented to melodic metal,not so hard to find(20/35 euro),for more details see at http://www.thecorroseum.com/comps/surgeryofthep.html

Note that Canada(prog/aor oriented band) just released(2010) a cd on Andromeda Relix,it includes early demos and songs from their 1988's unreleased 12" EP ,you can listen them on http://www.myspace.com/canadaprog
Nonseinormale65

221)AA.VV. 0721 Manicomio(1989,lp on Manicomio,private pressing)not metal,a weird compilation(0721 is the phone code number of Pesaro,hometown of P.Chain and of most of the bands involved),quite hard to find,for more details http://www.thecorroseum.com/comps/0721manicomio.html

Note that Midway was a side project of Alberto Simonini(Crying Steel's guitar player)and Red Crotalo(Revenge's guitar player),they recorded a master published only many years later...

222)AA.VV. Italian Rock Invasion(1989,lp on Dischi Noi)it was a mixed compilation,not only metal, the appearance on this vinyl was the prize for the bands that won a contest/battle of the bands,this lp was officially presented with a concert at the Hammersmith Odeon in London where the winning bands played live together;for more details see at http://www.thecorroseum.com/comps/italianrockinv.html

223)AA.VV. Metal Master Compilation(1990,mc,lp and picture disc on Metal Master)compilation with italian and polish bands,not so hard to find.

Side A:

1) Death SS - Kings Of Evil
2) Bulldozer - Ilona The Very Best
3) Sabotage - Hoka Key
4) Deathrage - Hard Times Are Coming
5) Turbo - Salvator Mundi
6) Astharoth - Gloomy Experiments
7) Necrodeath & Schizo - Necroschizophrenia
8)Nuclear Simphony - Lustful For Disaster

Side B:
1) Royal Air Force - Leading The Riot
2) Strana Officina - King Trolls
3) Drama - The Magic Box
4) Nadaj - Hey Jo
5) Hocculta - Along The River Of Memories
6) Dragon - The Priest Of Betray
7) Alastor - The Time Of Judgements

Note that the presence of Polish groups is due to the friendship that bound AC Wild(Bulldozer's bass player/singer,at that time he was also the A&R guy of Metal Master)to the guy/agency who organized concert for Bulldozer in Poland(and now known as Metal Mind Productions),that's why there are some Polish bands with some Metal Master releases.

224)AA.VV. Nightpieces(1990,lp on Dracma records)not so hard to find(15/30 euro max.)it was the first release ever for this label,note that all the bands came from Torino and neighborhood;for more details see at http://www.thecorroseum.com/comps/nightpieces.html

225)AA.VV. Cherish Project(1991,lp on Metal Gold)this obscure compilation is oriented to hard rock/glam and aor,all the bands were from Torino and surroundings;even if little known it is not so hard to find(from 25 to 40 euro).

side A:

1)Daya -- Dirty dancin'
2)Fuzzy Duck -- Block Buster
3)Shaddok -- It was wrote
4)Flat Liners -- Trip in the storm
5)Cream Puff -- Only Me

side B:

1)Fuzzy Duck -- Johnny
2)Shaddok -- Light and darkness
3)Cream Puff -- Say you want me too
4)Daya -- Double skin
5)Flat Liners -- Zeta

So the job should then be finished...but digging never ends :lol: , something may still exist, especially some private pressing of the period 1979/1982 (I have vague news about some obscure 7 ", who knows that sooner or later ...)when information was scarce or even unavailable,btw here is the latest update(just found :wink: ):

226)White Collars -- La Moltitudine...la solitudine(1991,lp,private pressing)this lp is almost impossible to find(no one here in Italy heard of this band before i found the lp)this band came from Avellino(near Napoli),the 8 songs were recorded in two different sessions(in 1988 and in 1990),musically oriented towards AOR Hard/Melodic(for whose who likes Giuffria,Prophet etc.),very good sound and recordings but thumbs down for the vocals that reminds me of Robert Smith/Cure and dark/new wave :cry: ;lyrics are in italian with the exceptions of a couple of songs on side b where the choruses are in english.

"A guide to Italian Steel"...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The web-version of Marco's guide is now finished: Image

Italian vinyl-talk continues here, as well as tips for updates & page feedback.
Hans

Post by Hans »

really great addition to the corroseum website! awesome research!
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Thanks.Another few hours of reading !!!
From_the_Fjords

Post by From_the_Fjords »

Great job Marco! Very exaustive and very interesting.
Excellent stuff.

Paolo
agvd

Post by agvd »

Great work!
Is the Steve Sylvester "Love Has Torn Me Apart" a 7" single?
Regarding Paul Chain Violet Theatre: "Opera 4th" was pressed on black, blue, and clear vinyl. Also, the cover variations for "In the Darkness" differ more than slightly (e.g., different front) and have different inner sleeves.
Death SS: there are cover/label variations for "The Story of.." LP and CD. The first press of the "Black Mass" LP is a gatefold-the second (rumored to be a bootleg) is not.
Nonseinormale65

agvd wrote:Great work!
Is the Steve Sylvester "Love Has Torn Me Apart" a 7" single?
Regarding Paul Chain Violet Theatre: "Opera 4th" was pressed on black, blue, and clear vinyl. Also, the cover variations for "In the Darkness" differ more than slightly (e.g., different front) and have different inner sleeves.
Death SS: there are cover/label variations for "The Story of.." LP and CD. The first press of the "Black Mass" LP is a gatefold-the second (rumored to be a bootleg) is not.
Love has...is on cd only for all i know :wink:

And now a new(old,very old...)italian band(i just found their very rare releases),not quite metal,it's an hard rock/glam band founded in Torino in 1974 called "Crazy Band",and heavily influenced by Kiss,New York Dolls and the androgin David Bowie of the early 70's.

A)I giovani della notte -- (1977,maxi ep 12" on Drums Records)this is their debut and contains four tracks.
B)Live -- (1978,lp on Drums Records)it contains ten tracks.
C)Cattiva Fortuna/Gesù Io(1984,7" 45 rpm on Drums Records)

the band split up in 1985 and reunited 5 years later,then after releasing the following 7" split up again.
D)Devi Morire/Uh Mama...(1991,7" 45 rpm on Drums Records)
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

Nonseinormale65 wrote:
Note that the presence of Polish groups is due to the friendship that bound AC Wild(Bulldozer's bass player/singer,at that time he was also the A&R guy of Metal Master)to the guy/agency who organized concert for Bulldozer in Poland(and now known as Metal Mind Productions),that's why there are some Polish bands with some Metal Master releases.
Yes that's how explained that OPEN FIRE had their tracks on Italian radio played along with a presentation.
TheGreatEscape

Post by TheGreatEscape »

Nonseinormale65 wrote:
157)Sabotage -- Behind The Lines(1986,lp on Trans Euro records -- reissued in 1987 on LM records with different cover artwork) + Welcome/King of the dreams(1987,12" ep split with P.Chain,on Minotauro Records) + Heroes of the grave/Warmachine(1987,12" gravestone shaped vinyl,on Trans Euro records,500 numbered copies made --- note that also exists a limited 12" sleeveless heart shaped black vinyl version,only 25 copies made on Azra/Trans Euro) + Hoka Hey(1989,lp on Metal Master) + Rumore nel Vento(2009,lp on Jolly Roger records,originally recorded in 1984 but unreleased on vinyl at that time).
I do have SABOTAGE - "Behind the lines" in 2 different versions: 1 Black Vinyl, 1 Green Vinyl. Both have the same cover artwork with the airplanes (check out the Metal Archives entry).

What about SHINING BLADE - Touch the night? Does it exist on Vinyl? It has one of the best Cover Artworks ever!!!!
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

TheGreatEscape wrote: What about SHINING BLADE - Touch the night? Does it exist on Vinyl? It has one of the best Cover Artworks ever!!!!
As far i know this was just a demo ! Even the CD is a Bootleg !
So no vinyl for shure i think !
Nonseinormale65

TheGreatEscape wrote:
Nonseinormale65 wrote:
157)Sabotage -- Behind The Lines(1986,lp on Trans Euro records -- reissued in 1987 on LM records with different cover artwork) + Welcome/King of the dreams(1987,12" ep split with P.Chain,on Minotauro Records) + Heroes of the grave/Warmachine(1987,12" gravestone shaped vinyl,on Trans Euro records,500 numbered copies made --- note that also exists a limited 12" sleeveless heart shaped black vinyl version,only 25 copies made on Azra/Trans Euro) + Hoka Hey(1989,lp on Metal Master) + Rumore nel Vento(2009,lp on Jolly Roger records,originally recorded in 1984 but unreleased on vinyl at that time).
I do have SABOTAGE - "Behind the lines" in 2 different versions: 1 Black Vinyl, 1 Green Vinyl. Both have the same cover artwork with the airplanes (check out the Metal Archives entry).

What about SHINING BLADE - Touch the night? Does it exist on Vinyl? It has one of the best Cover Artworks ever!!!!
1)Can you post a picture of the green vinyl,please(i didn't know about it,i have both the two cover artwork version,only in black vinyl,never saw or heard about a coloured version)?

2)This one does not exist on vinyl,it's just a cd/r bootleg,the cover artwork was made recently in these last years(as i wrote before)by Eugenio Giordano and added on MA.
TheGreatEscape

Post by TheGreatEscape »

OK, here we go with the Sabotage LP's - first the regular Black Vinyl version on Trans-Euro Records:

The next one is the Green Vinyl - please note the small sticker underneath the Sabotage logo: