Are these titles available on Vinyl?

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

according to musik-sammler, Flotsam and Jetsam "Cuatro" was on vinyl, can anyone confirm this? I'm still searching for it all these years even though it is an average album.
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

Hi Rob

yes it exists, will keep the eyes up for a copy had already 2 or 3 but sold all...but shopuld be possible to find...
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

DaN wrote:
Dark Stranger wrote:Actually, this has bene on my mind a while - is there any kind of metal database that tells you if certain albums were released on vinyl? Metal Archives helps sometimes, but not every time.
Not for Metal specifically, but these 3 would be the biggest collection/discography-resources out there:

http://rateyourmusic.com/
http://www.discogs.com/
http://www.musik-sammler.de/

Except for the most obscure private pressings I often find what I'm looking for on one of those.[/quote

Awesome Dan, thanks for the links!
Sir.Ungol

Post by Sir.Ungol »

doomedplanet wrote:according to musik-sammler, Flotsam and Jetsam "Cuatro" was on vinyl, can anyone confirm this? I'm still searching for it all these years even though it is an average album.
I find a copy on musicstack.com some weeks ago for $ 35,-!
Cirith Falcon

Destiny's End on Vinyl

Post by Cirith Falcon »

doomedplanet wrote:No I can confirm it wasn't. Back when this cd was getting ready to be released I went down to L.A. to see DESTINY'S END play with Flotsam and I think I saw Fates Warning around the same time. Anyway Perry & I went to the Metal Blade offices and while I was there I asked Slagel if they were doing a lp version, you could tell he could care less, and I think he said something along the lines of only if the German office wants to do it and if they feel like there is enough demand. All this told me it wouldn't happen since I guess there was only enough 'demand' at the time for Cannibal Corpse lps...
I rarely have time for forums these days, but after several months logged in and noticed Rob's answer to Sgt. Kuntz's post. Rob's memory is dead-on. DE played our unofficial album release gig for Breathe Deep the Dark on September 18, 1998 with Flotsam & Jetsam and Prototype at legendary metal venue the Reseda Country Club just before it closed down for good. Despite plenty of demand from Europe and die-hards like me and Rob in the U.S., Metal Blade never bothered with vinyl. It's a shame, because I'd love to hear/see both DE albums as LPs.

Below are two ads from L.A. Weekly and Rock City News, along with the DE/Prototype serial-killer style paste-up flyer for the '98 gig, which I slapped together with pal Mike Bear on the fly.

"Life ends so fast / So take your chance and make it last." -Chuck Schuldiner, "Pull the Plug"
Cyrcka

Re: Are these titles available on Vinyl?

Post by Cyrcka »

TheGreatEscape wrote:
ANTHRAX - Volume 8 (the thread is real)

I think that volume 8 its the only Anthrax release that isn´t available on vinyl
Sir.Ungol

Post by Sir.Ungol »

Have you ever seen Wargasm -Ugly on Massacre Rec. as official Vinyl?
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

I wonder if HELLOWEENs "Better Than Raw" came out as an official LP? I did see some copies on ebay, but all of them from brazil. Any infos would be appreciated. :)
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:I wonder if HELLOWEENs "Better Than Raw" came out as an official LP? I did see some copies on ebay, but all of them from brazil. Any infos would be appreciated. :)
Never heard of an LP for this album. And I used to be a massive Helloween fan. It's most likely a bootleg.