Insane ebay auctions - VINYL, tapes & merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I must have been transported to an alternate reality where this record now sells for $200.....
Khnud wrote:Oh yes! Closer to $200 actually nowadays.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Ya R*b I know it looks nuts but it's true.

For whatever reason these young Kids thing Clevland Metal is something else. The last few copies I saw with the 45 sold for around $150 and this one is SS.

Hell I got like $60+ for the Comp.
humus

Post by humus »

It's one of those records I'd pay considerably for myself aswell. It just sounds really good in my ears.
Once I was going to buy it for $15 but due to a malfunctioning mailprovider the seller never got my confirmation mails and eventually sold it to someone else. :(
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Yup, $100 won't come close to winning Black Death currently.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I always found the album somewhat disappointing. Love the tracks they had on the CM comp, but the rest of the album never impressed me

That Cleveland Metal comp will sell for $60 one day, and 3 days later it sells for < $20. Next week it's back over $50.

Ebay should change its name to e-wacky.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
nabel

Post by nabel »

nightsblood wrote: That Cleveland Metal comp will sell for $60 one day, and 3 days later it sells for < $20. Next week it's back over $50.
60?! I got mine for 17 dollars about year ago from Ebay. Crazy times.

(I know and I hope that I'll get that bloody Black Death for a bargain. Someday. I have only time.)
Keir

Post by Keir »

doomedplanet wrote:can Black Death really sell for this much???

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Private-Hard-R ... 2eaaabc432
I've noticed that it's gone way up in price recently, though it's worth noting that all those bids were within a few hours of the album being listed and it hasn't gone up any more since.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Keir wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:can Black Death really sell for this much???

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-Private-Hard-R ... 2eaaabc432
I've noticed that it's gone way up in price recently, though it's worth noting that all those bids were within a few hours of the album being listed and it hasn't gone up any more since.
One went on ebay a couple of months back for less than $100 I think, but that did not have the 7", so I guess that price is really even worse.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Ah too bad I didn't buy it, with the 7", for $10 a few years back. I was buying a bunch of other stuff at the time and couldn't fit that in, don't like it myself, but could have sold it. Well I got the 'Irae Melanox' LP for $5 at the time so can't complain too much.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Yup, a friend of mine paid roughly $150 for a sealed BLACK DEATH lp+7" only last year. It has simply grown in demand these last few years - I see it on just about every wantlist nowdays.
apollo.ra wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:
Now that was unexpected!!!!
Helvetet's Port 7"
Well, I guess they make the kind of music that appeal to ze kollektors..
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

so Keir,you took that chicago metal works out of my hands last sunday? :D
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Keir

Post by Keir »

MassOfKthulu wrote:so Keir,you took that chicago metal works out of my hands last sunday? :D
No, no. You’re the one who made me pay more than $60 for it! :lol: (actually, I still think I got it for a good price)
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

im the one that made u pay a 3 digit price for it!! but nevermind,when the next one shows up in 2019 its mine! *evil chuckle*
seriously,well done,that was a lot for me,but a fair price i suppose concerning how rarely it shows up.
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

MassOfKthulu wrote:im the one that made u pay a 3 digit price for it!! but nevermind,when the next one shows up in 2019 its mine! *evil chuckle*
seriously,well done,that was a lot for me,but a fair price i suppose concerning how rarely it shows up.
Just to clarify, I was talking about the 'Cleveland Metal' comp, the one w/ 2 Black Death and 2 Breaker songs on it. I think you and Keir were dueling over a different one...?
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Keir

Post by Keir »

We were talking about this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

Last time I saw one was when rattlehead sold one almost 2 years ago for $122, and that had a seam split and a defect that affected 2 tracks.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Never trust the Goblin King....