Highest valued metal LP

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

[I split the Yugo-rarities discussion into a separate thread because of this idea I had../Admin]
Sacrilegio

Post by Sacrilegio »

It's true, I know at least 14 people now who have the FOH record, and no one will sell it for under $3000. Many were offered $3000 but rejected the offer, and one guy claims that he was offered $4000! It's insane!
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

Marquis De Sade - s/t 7" 1555 USD (though the price seem to vary quite a lot)
Avatar - City Beneath The Surface (yellow) 7" 1525 USD

Some promo LPs like the Morgana 12" might also go for more than 1000$...
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

snaps666 wrote:Iron Maiden: The Soundhouse Tapes 2050 GBP

You can cut of the last "0" of this one to get a more realistic price. Even the mispress with A labels on both sides didn't sell for half of this.
Let's find out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Iron-Maiden-THE-SOU ... tsupported
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

Personally I would NEVER have the guts to buy a SHT on ebay or anywhere else online. There is so many very very well looking bootlegs around. You really need to have it in your hands and see all small details of how it's glued together, the quality of the cardboard etc etc... They even made bootlegs with the correct matrix!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

roihlem wrote:Marquis De Sade - s/t 7" 1555 USD (though the price seem to vary quite a lot)
Avatar - City Beneath The Surface (yellow) 7" 1525 USD

Some promo LPs like the Morgana 12" might also go for more than 1000$...
These are both 7"s. Marquis de sade is bringing $1000++ currently if it has the pic sleeve, and Avatar will bring twice that plus some. I don't know if that last copy on ebay had some wear or if someone just got a 'good' buy on it
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky