Monolith's Tales of the Macabre LP

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
nosliw

Monolith's Tales of the Macabre LP

Post by nosliw »

Hey,

I just won an eGay auction for the Monolith's Tales of the Macabre test pressing LP. There's very little information on that obscure band from the UK other than the fact that Nick Barker was the drummer for them. Is there any reason why this album never made it beyond the test pressing stage?

In any case, I might have gotten an interesting little gem without really knowing much about them when I won it.
peterott

Post by peterott »

hmm...I have an automatic search on ebay, and this hasn't popped up. Was the auction's title not "Tales Of The Macabre" but shortened ? However, it is one of the rarer Headache Records LP (under the pre-condition that it really was released by Headache)
nosliw

Post by nosliw »

peterott wrote:hmm...I have an automatic search on ebay, and this hasn't popped up. Was the auction's title not "Tales Of The Macabre" but shortened ? However, it is one of the rarer Headache Records LP (under the pre-condition that it really was released by Headache)
It was titled as "Tales of Macabre", sans the "the" part from the eBay auction.
peterott

Post by peterott »

nosliw wrote:
peterott wrote:hmm...I have an automatic search on ebay, and this hasn't popped up. Was the auction's title not "Tales Of The Macabre" but shortened ? However, it is one of the rarer Headache Records LP (under the pre-condition that it really was released by Headache)
It was titled as "Tales of Macabre", sans the "the" part from the eBay auction.

shit ;)

By the way, it was already bootlegged by Eternal Darkness Rec./USA some years ago on CDR.
jman

Post by jman »

doesn't Ebay bring up searches if words like "the" aren't in them anyways? I don't know if it does for auto searches, but it does for manual ones, right?
nosliw

Post by nosliw »

jman wrote:doesn't Ebay bring up searches if words like "the" aren't in them anyways? I don't know if it does for auto searches, but it does for manual ones, right?
The manual or auto search works the same way.
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

maybe ebay search ignores "the" if the search phrase begins with it, but trying to search that item in copleteted listings also won't find it. "tales of macabre" though, is there..
sometimes that search engine is kinda fucked. I have found stuff (completed, international) rather via google than directly at ebay sometimes, even if not older than 3 mths..
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
nosliw

Post by nosliw »

sagrotan wrote:maybe ebay search ignores "the" if the search phrase begins with it, but trying to search that item in copleteted listings also won't find it. "tales of macabre" though, is there..
sometimes that search engine is kinda fucked. I have found stuff (completed, international) rather via google than directly at ebay sometimes, even if not older than 3 mths..
Sometimes, I find active eBay auctions via Google. In ways, it works in wondrous ways if I'm not arsed to sift through dozens upon dozens of auctions.

Anyways, I reckon that nobody has any sort of information regarding this little elusive release, no?
peterott

Post by peterott »

nosliw wrote:
sagrotan wrote:maybe ebay search ignores "the" if the search phrase begins with it, but trying to search that item in copleteted listings also won't find it. "tales of macabre" though, is there..
Sometimes, I find active eBay auctions via Google. In ways, it works in wondrous ways if I'm not arsed to sift through dozens upon dozens of auctions.

Anyways, I reckon that nobody has any sort of information regarding this little elusive release, no?
besides being one out of 400 want items on my list, nor more from me :(
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Are you the same Nosliw from foreverdoomed.com?
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
nosliw

Post by nosliw »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:Are you the same Nosliw from foreverdoomed.com?
The same and only Nosliw.

As soon as the album arrives, I can make some recordings of the album to the computer. If anyone is interested in that proposition, let me know.
Helm

Post by Helm »

Wilson backwards, right?
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Is you name Wilson? Coz youre chinese and all

Im interested in hearin gthat one
nosliw

Post by nosliw »

Hahaha, that's my really unimaginative username. Just a mere palindrome of my first name. And yes, I'm chinese as well. :P
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

nosliw wrote:Hahaha, that's my really unimaginative username. Just a mere palindrome of my first name. And yes, I'm chinese as well. :P
'nosliw' is not a palindrome.