100 or less pressed from the 80's

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Helm

Post by Helm »

hah no no sorry it was a bad joke about how Noisenik would only post in 'what are you listening to' threads.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I wondered what that was about. They had 1 song of this title mentioned in Malc's book.
Helm wrote:hah no no sorry it was a bad joke about how Noisenik would only post in 'what are you listening to' threads.
Derrick Metaliszta

Post by Derrick Metaliszta »

DaN wrote:All ROCKERS (Singapore) LPs and many other late 80's/early 90's Singapore/Malaysia hard rock & Heavy Metal albums I've been told.

Commercially they were only available on tape (and some later on CD) but the apparently made a run of about 50 vinyls each for radio stations, music biz people etc. Do we still have any Sin/Mal members here who could shed some light on this matter?
Only 50 copies each? thats pushing it a bit... probably several hundred copies were pressed, 200 or 300, maybe a bit more. hard rock was a very big thing in malaysia during the 80s and early 90s so a fair amount of these promotional vinyls had to be given all around the country.
Melalui lorong hidupku, akan ku teruskan...
Pelayaran ini sehingga hujungnya!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

glockose wrote:There has always been a differance between

Militia 100 press - 15+ known
Lord Ryur 100 press - 35+ known
Leather Nunn 1000 press - 20+ known
Madd Hatter 500 press - 300+ known
Avatar yellow 10 press - 5 known
Crowhaven 500 press - 5+ known
Axe Crazy just sold a copy of the Crowhaven on ebay; I think his item description mentioned that some copies have been showing up lately.

I've heard 100 for Amethyst instead of 500, but Glock-'s info is probably more accurate.

What about the Dark Knight EP? I don't know the perss run, just heard it was extremely limited.

The red-labels version of the Stormqueen 7" probably qualifies.

I think the Lone Wolf 'cash for candy' is cited in Malc's book as possibly having as few as 100 copies made.

About 8 years ago Steve Wacholz ('dr killdrums') told me there were 20 yellow copies of the Avatar made, some with black swirled in (maybe just traces of black rather than true swirls/marbled, I'm not sure). He didn't have one. I was able to track down the owners of 4-5 copies (I say '4-5' becuase I could never confirm if two of the copies I heard about were actually the same copy or not).

Not Metal, but several Misfits releases had fewer than 100 copies made on certain colors of vinyl (e.g., 16 pink copies of 'Legacy of Brutality' if I remember correctly).

(the following is not a shot at Glockose or the numbers he cited; he knows his stuff and I'd definitely trust his numbers).
The phrase, "only X copies known to exist" can be very misleading and is usually used just to hype the rarity of an item someone is trying to sell (not always, but often). Lots of collectors keep their prize items secret b/c of concerns about theft and not wanting to deal with other collectors nagging them about selling it. Let's be honest, alot of record collectors are a very 'grabby' bunch and can be pretty annoying. I've seen plenty of collectors at record shows whine at other collectors, trying to get them to sell an item when the ownerr has already said it is not for sale. Even if the collector will admit to owning the item, that doesn't mean everyone knows he/she has a copy. I remember seeing an ebay auction for an old blues album on ebay about 3 years ago that proclaimed, "only 10 copies known to exist!". I sent the auction to a collector friend of mine who replied, "hmmm, this guy never asked me if I had a copy and it's ben sitting here on my shelf for 20 years... guess there's really 11 in existence :-) ".
johnnysteel

Re:

Post by johnnysteel »

Glockose wrote:Wyzard "Future Knights"? 500 "Knights of Metal" 2000
Amethyst 12" - 500 as well
Cool topic, I wonder if anyone has updated info on some of these??

Ive always heard Amethyst was only 100 copies, and Id heard Wyzard was 100 - Future Knights / 500 Knights of Metal. 2000 seems really high given how rarely it turns up, unless theres a big stock somewhere either forgotten or destroyed.

Some others I wonder about:
Warzwolf, Messiah - Going Insane, Iron Cross (FL), Metal Merchant, Witch - Salem's Rise, and not 80s, but close enough for me: Thynn Ice and Zaxas
rumblefist

Re: 100 or less pressed from the 80's

Post by rumblefist »

Belcebu - "En Vivo" LP 1984 - 6 copies only
(some people say - even lesser - like only 3 or 4)
Knowledge Is Power
Dirty Rocker

Re: Re:

Post by Dirty Rocker »

johnnysteel wrote:
Glockose wrote:Wyzard "Future Knights"? 500 "Knights of Metal" 2000
Amethyst 12" - 500 as well
Cool topic, I wonder if anyone has updated info on some of these??

Ive always heard Amethyst was only 100 copies, and Id heard Wyzard was 100 - Future Knights / 500 Knights of Metal. 2000 seems really high given how rarely it turns up, unless theres a big stock somewhere either forgotten or destroyed.

Some others I wonder about:
Warzwolf, Messiah - Going Insane, Iron Cross (FL), Metal Merchant, Witch - Salem's Rise, and not 80s, but close enough for me: Thynn Ice and Zaxas
Iron cross - 100
Witch - 100
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
johnnysteel

Post by johnnysteel »

Dirty Rocker wrote:
Iron cross - 100
Witch - 100

Id heard that before... It's definite? How about Wyzard pat?
johnnysteel

Post by johnnysteel »

rumblefist wrote:Belcebu - "En Vivo" LP 1984 - 6 copies only
(some people say - even lesser - like only 3 or 4)
Yeah I heard wild stories about that one! Limited to one copy per band member and one for the producer or something... apparently each with a different cover?!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

johnnysteel wrote: Ive always heard Amethyst was only 100 copies, and Id heard Wyzard was 100 - Future Knights / 500 Knights of Metal. 2000 seems really high given how rarely it turns up, unless theres a big stock somewhere either forgotten or destroyed.
That's actually what they wrote in an old Metal Hammer (Ger) article from 1985. "... 2000 pressed and they are goin' to press another 2000 copies ..."
In case I'll ever get in the mood to get out the old Mags in the basement I'll scan that article ...
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Happl (AUT) - Never Gonna Stop LP -> 2 copies
Atlantean Kodex - A Prophet in the Forest -> 10 or 12 copies
Bloody Climax - Back to the Wall -> dunno how many copies, but I've never seen one for sale yet
Thynn Ice - Testpress only -> ? copies
Warzwolf - Valley of the Shadows -> ? copies
Dynamite (AUT) - Live N Rough -> less than 100? Promo-only
Double Deuce (SWE) - Soldier In The Sun -> ? copies
Guerreros Del Metal (Guatemala) -> ? copies
Liquid Earth - Molten Rock -> 120 copies?
We praise the blood that metal brings
Decibel_Rebel

Post by Decibel_Rebel »

Bloody Climax - Back to the Wall -> dunno how many copies, but I've never seen one for sale yet
500 according to a bandmember.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

About wyzard, both future knights and knights of metal is the same vinyl, both labeled as future Knights and pressed at the same time. Singer wasn't happy with the future Knights cover so they had another one printed -> Knights of metal. I don't know how many future Knights there is but can't be many. However I have no idea anymore of how many of each. What I've heard is 100/500 first/second press, but I do not have a clue. However I know about more the syblings (aprx 90 copies in existence now?) than future Knights..
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
soldier of sunrise

Post by soldier of sunrise »

Warzwolf is also supposed to be 100, copies was recently unearthed so more info may resurface...

Was the Amethyst really pressed in so many copies??? 100 was the story i have heard also, and about Wyzard 100/500 here too...

Another one i was always wondering about is the first Purgatory EP, seen it mentioned that only 100 were made but seen it offered a few times... and not for any high price to speak of... Any confirmed info on that one?

1000 would have been my guess and miss typed info about 100 was probably taken as granted or something?
soldier of sunrise

Post by soldier of sunrise »

soldier of sunrise wrote:Warzwolf is also supposed to be 100, copies was recently unearthed so more info may resurface...

Was the Amethyst really pressed in so many copies??? 100 was the story i have heard also, and about Wyzard 100/500 here too...

Another one i was always wondering about is the first Purgatory EP, seen it mentioned that only 100 were made but seen it offered a few times... and not for any high price to speak of... Any confirmed info on that one?

1000 would have been my guess and miss typed info about 100 was probably taken as granted or something?
I am really sorry, it was a terrible mistake (actually more like a joke i didnt understand and took for granted), no Warzwolf box found :(
Really sorry for the confusion again :(