obscurest format for Metal

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
roihlem

obscurest format for Metal

Post by roihlem »

Saw this on an auction recently...
Anyone knows if there exist more Heavy Metal recordings on this format??? Would be cool to own such a track...

ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Looks more like a lost KGB document. Is there really heavy metal music in this thing? :)
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Weren't most of the early Russian Metal demos/albums released on reels like this? It would be awesome to own some original demo-"tapes" with bands like MAGNIT, ARIA, 99%, KONSUL, OBLACHNYJ KRAJ etc, but I've never seen any offered. OSMI PUTNIK = old Yugo HR if I remember correctly..
humus

Post by humus »

We have some reel-to-reel tapes at home but nothing metal. Maybe with a bit of luck one from Black sabbath, but I never checked, it's my father's collection.
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

Reminds me of some hilarious shit once said on Metal Archives regarding a topic about cassettes,someone said demos should only be heard on cassettes and this is what ensued afterwards.

A demo is complete shit unless it is on wax cylinder. I do not support this high quality tape shit. Demos should be heard by an elite few, of which I am one.

Fuck your modern highfalutin wax cylinder shit...
I have created "Black Scroll Records," we shall release only the sickest, old-school Black Metal - exclusively in player piano roll format.
Each scroll will be hand-made by our expert, full-time, old-world hole-punch artisans who work only during hours of darkness by the light of black candles dipped in the fat of unbaptised babies.
...Anything less would be an insult to our bands, as well as the fans.

I see your Black Scrolls and I raise you Stone Tablets, forged with hammers made from the rarest of invisible diamonds found only at the center of the Earth. Each diamond has 666 sides, shaped by the 50-armed guardians of Tartarus, and onlookers see only pain and destruction in its fluid, mirror surface. The tablets are subsequently sworn into the Hall of Demoniacs, and inscribed with song lyrics so hideous not even the mightiest of beastial champions can withstand their howling fury..

I will find out who is supplying your stone tablets and offer him a legion of scrolls in return for the exclusive rights to every tablet produced from that day onward, thus cutting you out of the picture and increasing my inventory.
Oh, and that thing I wrote about "the fans," it was a test...BeforeGod you passed, and may purchase 1 scroll as soon as we have some completed.
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

DaN wrote:Weren't most of the early Russian Metal demos/albums released on reels like this? It would be awesome to own some original demo-"tapes" with bands like MAGNIT, ARIA, 99%, KONSUL, OBLACHNYJ KRAJ etc, but I've never seen any offered. OSMI PUTNIK = old Yugo HR if I remember correctly..
Pretty much possible, that most of these Eastern European Metal bands released their demos this way. In the letter is written that this reel contains one track, which they would have liked to be played on radio...so this is also a demo...that particular reel costs 300€, therefore I will not get it :cry:

Yes, Osmi Putnik was a very good melodic Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock band at least on their first LP, which I will add in the "Poisonoise" section...somehow they remind me to those old French rocking Metal bands...