Rockadrome Rock Metal Psych Prog Store

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
FenderMedium

Rockadrome Rock Metal Psych Prog Store

Post by FenderMedium »

Are their prices worth it for obscure albums.

http://www.rockadrome.com/superstore/index.php

Some of them seem high but I was refering to the ones sentinel steel doesn't have in stock and others that aren't as easy to get,I've never saw such a selection all in one place.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Great shop, from time to time I put some orders there, the prices are okay IMO. A big plus is the ultra quick delivery.

What about this one, someone familiar with this?

http://www.rockadrome.com/superstore/pr ... ts_id=2099
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I use to check them out every once in a while but I've never ordered anything from there. The prices seem like the market standards I guess, not overpriced but occationally you can get luckier on eBay.
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

Sentinel Steel seems to be cheaper on the stuff they do have at both stores, I was mainly looking at the Attacker Battle at Helms Deep vinyl and the Manilla Road Crystal Logic Vinyl, I know Evil Legend Records has the Crystal Logic one a few dollars cheaper but on average this store seems to be one of the largest for our type of heavy metal.

Perhaps we can turn this into a full on distro/online store topic?

Anyone know why those high voltage reissues cost so much?
AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

Rockadrome is an excellent distro, but you are correct, Sentinel Steel has much cheaper prices on the High Vaultage titles. You can get them even cheaper during Sentinel Steel's site sales in January and June. I just picked up a Tokyo Blade CD for 13 dollars.

They are both good distros and you should support both of them :)
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

I'm taking advantage of the Sentinel Steel sell right now, they are having their usual june sell but its extended because they are moving.
Keir

Post by Keir »

I've ordered from Rockadrome. They have an amazing selection, and great service, but the prices range from average to high. They also sell bootlegs which is a shame.

Sentinel Steel is by far the best site I've ever ordered from. I've been ordering from them for years and have had some great deals plus excellent service. I ordered a bunch from them when the June sale started and just placed another order now that the extended sale is in effect.
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

I wonder if they will let people buy directly when they move to Massachusetts? They could do with a store, would be hell of a lot better than those shitty relapse stores.

Too bad I am in california and there are no good shops for miles in the bay and southern california.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I order from Rockadrome time and again. They release some good stuff on the label (like Mark of the beast) and are reliable. The bootlegs thing is disappointing. Do you have any examples of boots in the shop?
The Sentinel wrote:Great shop, from time to time I put some orders there, the prices are okay IMO. A big plus is the ultra quick delivery.

What about this one, someone familiar with this?

http://www.rockadrome.com/superstore/pr ... ts_id=2099
It can be downloaded from http://www.northwindband.com/files.html. A very British sounding progressive rock album. Not all that original or anything, but not bad for those who like ELP, Greenslade and such (i.e. me)
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

great_knuthulhu wrote:Do you have any examples of boots in the shop?
I can really only speak for NWOBHM CDs, but here are a few that are bootlegs to my knowledge:

- NWOBHM Vols 1 - 8
- Dealer (Boogie, Booze & Birds)
- NWOBHM Demos Vol 1
- Sindrome (not NWOBHM, but I am fairly certain this is a boot)
Keir

Post by Keir »

great_knuthulhu wrote:The bootlegs thing is disappointing. Do you have any examples of boots in the shop?
Off the top of my head:

Legend - From the Fjords
Hell - Land of the Living Dead

They have other High Roller Records releases as well which are most likely boots.
AxeCrazy

Post by AxeCrazy »

Keir wrote:They have other High Roller Records releases as well which are most likely boots.
I think the only High Roller releases that are bootlegs are the ones that he did with Joe Pangallo (Hades Paradise Records). He didn't have the rights to Hell, Marquis de Sade, Demon Pact, Sparta, etc.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

AxeCrazy wrote:He didn't have the rights to Hell, Marquis de Sade, Demon Pact, Sparta, etc.
If reliable information is available then i'd really like to know about the rest of them.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
hload

Post by hload »

i emailed steffen from high roller records. soon, i believe, he reply to some "know it all" folks. demon pact and m.de sade are official. the bands took money and copies. the only responsible for the mess is the usual suspect, joe fagallo.....
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I've been wanting to get some stuff from them for some time now. My monetary situation is the main obstacle.