Collector stuffs that weren't destined to you

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Zombie Dance

Collector stuffs that weren't destined to you

Post by Zombie Dance »

I recently got a 7inch by Mütiilation that was sent to Mortiis and signed for him by Meyna'ch and it gave me the idea of this thread. Do you guys own some personnal stuff that were custom made or signed for other people back then? Some of these things are cool though they may touch a fetishist side of collecting which I find ridiculous (like "this was Michael Jackson towel in a concert from 1987").

I also have some rehearsals on tape that were private (and sometimes still are) and not meant to be spread, it's an interresting question wether or not you should share them...
I know some people also collects letters and mails as it was an important part of Metal culture, but, having some myself, I find it weird to own somebody else's mail :/

humus

Re: Collector stuffs that weren't destined to you

Post by humus »

Wasn't that one on Discogs (and the seller not being Mortiis)?

Stuff I don't care about: test pressings, patches, signed items, letters. I have a few of each but only 'by accident'. And my own old letters disappeared in a move. Had a few from Mork (Malign/Watain) that were more like calligraphy than writing etc, those were nice to look at.
Zombie Dance

Re: Collector stuffs that weren't destined to you

Post by Zombie Dance »

humus wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:28 pm Wasn't that one on Discogs (and the seller not being Mortiis)?

Stuff I don't care about: test pressings, patches, signed items, letters. I have a few of each but only 'by accident'. And my own old letters disappeared in a move.
Yes it was, snuggled it for almost nothing as it had no vinyl, only cover (since it's actually my third copy I couldn't care less)! I bought it coz it seemed to have some historical relevance :?
Test Press I couldn't care less either, too bad for your letters though :|