Metal hunting in Amazon

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Metal hunting in Amazon

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Just recently joined Amazon, mainly for books, but do anyone know if it is a good place to hunt for music? I guess mostly CD´s ,but probably rarities?
ION BRITTON

Re: Metal hunting in Amazon

Post by ION BRITTON »

I have found some classics/common stuff really cheap there, but rare stuff is either not for sale anymore or if it is, the prices are just as high as in every other known site.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I never buy anything used on Amazon. I have picked up some decent deals on new releases from third party sellers in the past though.

The problem with Amazon much like Discogs or GEMM when it was still around is that the listings do not have images of the item. A lot of times it's a different pressing then what's listed or the condition is nowhere near accurate. Then when you go out of your way to ask the seller they either ignore your inquiry or give you a bullshit excuse about how they are too lazy to provide you with photos.

So in my case outside of household items I rarely use Amazon. Perhaps others have had a different experience?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Boycott Amazon, capitalistic, slavery-working conditions, local business destroyer pile of shit! I always figured those huge e-wallmart pretty much the opposite of everything record hunting and underground mentality represented, even though with everything going ape-shit these days I guess you can't really follow what is what anymore...
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

I have to hold my hands up here. I genuinely thought this was gonna be a post about Metal hunting in the actual Amazon.
I confess I was a little disappointed not to be reading about an encounter with some lost tribe of indigenous headbangers who worship Cronos as a deity, and sacrifice posers on an altar made of rare NWoBHM vinyl.
:lol:
To get back to the topic in hand, whilst it's true, (as was pointed out above by Zombie Dance), that Amazon is indeed evil incarnate in almost every respect, i have on occasion found some good buys through some of their 3rd party sellers.
It's not my first port of call for my music buying needs, but if i am buying something online, i will go & double check on amazon to see if i can get the same item cheaper before making my final purchase. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.
For instance, I recently managed to snag the Goldencore CD issues of Manilla Road's 'Metal/Invasion' & 'The Deluge' for a measly 4 Euros each, both brand new & still sealed, but as others have mentioned, it can be a bit of a lottery as the integrity of the sellers can vary wildly.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

bigfootkit wrote:I have to hold my hands up here. I genuinely thought this was gonna be a post about Metal hunting in the actual Amazon.
I confess I was a little disappointed not to be reading about an encounter with some lost tribe of indigenous headbangers who worship Cronos as a deity, and sacrifice posers on an altar made of rare NWoBHM vinyl.
To get back to the topic in hand, whilst it's true, (as was pointed out above by Zombie Dance), that Amazon is indeed evil incarnate in almost every respect, i have on occasion found some good buys through some of their 3rd party sellers.
It's not my first port of call for my music buying needs, but if i am buying something online, i will go & double check on amazon to see if i can get the same item cheaper before making my final purchase. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.
For instance, I recently managed to snag the Goldencore CD issues of Manilla Road's 'Metal/Invasion' & 'The Deluge' for a measly 4 Euros each, both brand new & still sealed, but as others have mentioned, it can be a bit of a lottery as the integrity of the sellers can vary wildly.

hahaha I wish! sorry for the misleading subject.

thank you all for sharing your thoughts! will keep an eye on it just to fill gaps.

@Zombie Dance ,I know that too, dont worry my life wont be dependent of Amazon
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I once found Sage Meridien original tape for $5, never have been able to find anything else like this again though
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I actually bought my copy of Stygian Shore on Amazon. The cover was in horrible condition. Water damage, taped seams, etc. :roll:
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Update on this: I have found boxsets at "normal prices" (example:Latest Venom Boxset) ,no surprise there, but with Prime membership shipping is for free, now that saves lots of money if you are interested in these releases which tend to weight considerably more than regular releases.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I would like to see a thread discuss "Metal hunting in the Amazon" instead. :-D Are there any good stores in Manaus?
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

bigfootkit wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:39 am I have to hold my hands up here. I genuinely thought this was gonna be a post about Metal hunting in the actual Amazon.
mustardgasattack

Post by mustardgasattack »

Zombie Dance wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:08 pm Boycott Amazon, capitalistic, slavery-working conditions, local business destroyer pile of shit! I always figured those huge e-wallmart pretty much the opposite of everything record hunting and underground mentality represented, even though with everything going ape-shit these days I guess you can't really follow what is what anymore...
I agree man. Also the death of unionized labor. I did a paper for a science fiction literature class at my college a few years ago comparing Jeff Bezos to Dr Tyrell from Blade Runner and the parallels between the two have gotten worse in the following years for sure. As big of a chain as it was I really miss Borders Books and you bet I sure miss my high school daze when cassette tapes were being aggressively phased out by big chain record stores. I remember walking out of Media Play, FYE, Record Time etc with a bag of Noise records classics like Rage, Celtic Frost, Running Wild, Kreator, Coroner etc for 50 cents a tape! I miss metal being cheap trashy fun entertainment and not a hip commodity pedaled by money grubbing cunts! It reminds me of gentrification in a lot of ways.