Metal hunting in Amazon

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Metal hunting in Amazon

Post#1 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:46 pm

Just recently joined Amazon, mainly for books, but do anyone know if it is a good place to hunt for music? I guess mostly CD´s ,but probably rarities?

ION BRITTON

Re: Metal hunting in Amazon

Post#2 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:00 am

I have found some classics/common stuff really cheap there, but rare stuff is either not for sale anymore or if it is, the prices are just as high as in every other known site.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart

Avenger

Post#3 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:17 pm

I never buy anything used on Amazon. I have picked up some decent deals on new releases from third party sellers in the past though.

The problem with Amazon much like Discogs or GEMM when it was still around is that the listings do not have images of the item. A lot of times it's a different pressing then what's listed or the condition is nowhere near accurate. Then when you go out of your way to ask the seller they either ignore your inquiry or give you a bullshit excuse about how they are too lazy to provide you with photos.

So in my case outside of household items I rarely use Amazon. Perhaps others have had a different experience?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"

stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

Zombie Dance

Post#4 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:08 pm

Boycott Amazon, capitalistic, slavery-working conditions, local business destroyer pile of shit! I always figured those huge e-wallmart pretty much the opposite of everything record hunting and underground mentality represented, even though with everything going ape-shit these days I guess you can't really follow what is what anymore...

bigfootkit

Post#5 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:39 am

I have to hold my hands up here. I genuinely thought this was gonna be a post about Metal hunting in the actual Amazon.
I confess I was a little disappointed not to be reading about an encounter with some lost tribe of indigenous headbangers who worship Cronos as a deity, and sacrifice posers on an altar made of rare NWoBHM vinyl.
:lol:
To get back to the topic in hand, whilst it's true, (as was pointed out above by Zombie Dance), that Amazon is indeed evil incarnate in almost every respect, i have on occasion found some good buys through some of their 3rd party sellers.
It's not my first port of call for my music buying needs, but if i am buying something online, i will go & double check on amazon to see if i can get the same item cheaper before making my final purchase. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.
For instance, I recently managed to snag the Goldencore CD issues of Manilla Road's 'Metal/Invasion' & 'The Deluge' for a measly 4 Euros each, both brand new & still sealed, but as others have mentioned, it can be a bit of a lottery as the integrity of the sellers can vary wildly.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.

MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post#6 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:52 pm

bigfootkit wrote:I have to hold my hands up here. I genuinely thought this was gonna be a post about Metal hunting in the actual Amazon.
I confess I was a little disappointed not to be reading about an encounter with some lost tribe of indigenous headbangers who worship Cronos as a deity, and sacrifice posers on an altar made of rare NWoBHM vinyl.
:lol:
To get back to the topic in hand, whilst it's true, (as was pointed out above by Zombie Dance), that Amazon is indeed evil incarnate in almost every respect, i have on occasion found some good buys through some of their 3rd party sellers.
It's not my first port of call for my music buying needs, but if i am buying something online, i will go & double check on amazon to see if i can get the same item cheaper before making my final purchase. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.
For instance, I recently managed to snag the Goldencore CD issues of Manilla Road's 'Metal/Invasion' & 'The Deluge' for a measly 4 Euros each, both brand new & still sealed, but as others have mentioned, it can be a bit of a lottery as the integrity of the sellers can vary wildly.

hahaha I wish! sorry for the misleading subject.

thank you all for sharing your thoughts! will keep an eye on it just to fill gaps.

@Zombie Dance ,I know that too, dont worry my life wont be dependent of Amazon

Return to “Metal Conquest”