What record..

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

found a test press of the first iron angel album for a dollar a long time ago

in the same bin was a test press of the first running wild for the same price. like a fucking idiot, i passed on it because i thought they played really goofy power metal stuff, and little did i know that the first two albums were awesome :( youthful ignorance can really kick you in the ass later in life sometimes
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

beerandjesus wrote: The coolest one for being a weird curio: I actually have a test pressing of Danger Zone - Victim of Time. Found it at a shop in L.A. and paid all of about $6 for it. I have no idea how it found its way there!
I know that the whole band was in Hollywood in the 80`s, maybe therefore...
Keir

Post by Keir »

These are the reasons I am proud of this over everything else in my collection:
1. I don't know anyone else with this particular variation.
2. I got it for like $2.
3. It was one of my first true "rares".
4. It's full of kick ass US power metal!
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Tyrant 7'' and Stormqueen 7''. They're both NWOBHM classics and contains fucking wicked music.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
deathster

Post by deathster »

95% of my original stuff collection (LP/CD/EP/original demos/magazines/original photos/original press releases etc)...
FenderMedium

Post by FenderMedium »

khiijol wrote:found a test press of the first iron angel album for a dollar a long time ago

in the same bin was a test press of the first running wild for the same price. like a fucking idiot, i passed on it because i thought they played really goofy power metal stuff, and little did i know that the first two albums were awesome :( youthful ignorance can really kick you in the ass later in life sometimes
If stuff is that cheap I get it no matter what.
solar eagle

Post by solar eagle »

In 1994,I had found the double vinyl of BATHORY's ''Blood Fire Death'' with a cost about 2(!) today's euros.But at that time it was more expensive accordingly,of course.It was my first double vinyl!
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

And all the early vinyls I got back: ENTOMBED's Left Hand Path, DEATH's Leprosy, DARKTHRONE's A Blaze In The Northern Sky, MY DYING BRIDE's Turn Loose the Swans plus some I got later but that were historical for me, like MANILLA ROAD's Open the Gates.
That's for vinyl only. CDs and tapes will make the list longer... Especially all the tapes from my early Metal days, including my first real Metal tape, IRON MAIDEN's The Number of the Beast and SEPULTURA's Schizophrenia dubbed on the same 90min tape.
Gott ist tot.
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Cheap records I've brought on impluse like Axe Witch Visions Of The Past, Saint Times End etc that have kicked my arse. They're all special to me.
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

As of last week its the test pressing of Purgatory's "Tied To The Trax". Its always been one of my favorite records ever, and Randy Gonce recently sent me his personal copy of the Test Pressing. Its pre-mixdown, so its a lot more raw then the release version. Its really cool.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

BloodOfChrist wrote:As of last week its the test pressing of Purgatory's "Tied To The Trax". Its always been one of my favorite records ever, and Randy Gonce recently sent me his personal copy of the Test Pressing. Its pre-mixdown, so its a lot more raw then the release version. Its really cool.
So would you say there's a clear, noticable difference in sound copared to the original? Worth ripping + oploading even?