What record..

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Enforcer

What record..

Post by Enforcer »

What record in your collection are you most proud of to own? and why are you so proud over it?
Last edited by Enforcer on Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

All of them. Every single item in my collection means very much to me.
peterott

Re: What record..

Post by peterott »

Enforcer wrote:What record in your collection are you most proud of to own?
the Morbid Tales MLP and the Apocalyptic Raids MLP. Both sent me as a teen to Metal heaven, approx. 18 years ago. That's why I am proud of them.

[EDIT: as the answers in this thread tend more about the "rarest" one besides the personal one: my Flames Of Hell - Fire And Steel LP. And I hail this black piece of vinyl forever]
Last edited by peterott on Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

The Breeze Least and Breaker (Can) LPs as they are both rare and incredibly great musically...

And of course Flames Of Hell for obvious reason...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

roihlem wrote:The Breeze Least and Breaker (Can) LPs as they are both rare and incredibly great musically...

And of course Flames Of Hell for obvious reason...
I'm afraid that copy of the BREEZE LEAST lp is actually mine that I misplaced somewhere a while back. Please send it to me for free asap.

...and you're the 4th person I've heard about that actually owns FLAMES OF HELL. That's not very fair either, is it? Please include it in the BL package.

Seriously though, if I would weigh musical quality against rarity I'm very happy w/ COVEN - Worship New Gods. Searched for it for years and finally found it at KIT some years ago - for the market price, but you only live once...
sabbat666

Post by sabbat666 »

X - Orgasm 7"

Because my friend was the guitarist on this record and he wrote a special message for me on it. if i had to choose 1 record to keep in my collection it would be this.
it is a really valuable record as well.

runners up:
Mein Kampf - Speeder 7"
Sabbat - ST 7"
Zadkiel - Highway 7"
Sabbrabells ST LP

because they are insanly rare records. i also listen to them very often. espeically Mein Kampf and Sabbrabells.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Probably the original Blind Illusion CD, as I've been searching for it forever - finally got it last week!
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

There can be only one :D

<--- the black vinyl version!

(I remember some years ago when I already possessed the red and clear bootlegs, and than got the original BLACK one. Totally excited I told my GF that I now finally have the BLACK VINYL version! She didn't understand a word but since than every record I proudly present her earns the comment "WOW and its even on BLACK vinyl!!!". Damn :( )
We praise the blood that metal brings
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

All the NIHILIST demos. Because they are the best demo-tapes ever released (together with Divus de Mortuus) and they have meant a lot to me.
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

Slauter Xstroyes-Winter Kill cause it will always remain the best record recorded ever for me....
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Pff, too many, but I think it's the Hell 7", because i dreamed about it, fucking sick...
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I guess this list won't be much different from my top-faves of all times. It's the music inside the LP/Cd that counts, not the vinyl or the compact disc itself. I'm much prouder for the music i hear than for the things i own.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
GGrotesque

Post by GGrotesque »

Entombed - Left Hand Path . That one have probably been the most important record in my life.
beerandjesus

Post by beerandjesus »

So maybe it's obvious, but if I had to pick one and only one, it really would have to be the Militia record. I worked really hard to get my hands on that one, and I still think it's one of the greatest things ever!

A close second would have to be the Street Child record, for personal reasons: It's a long story, and parts of it are too personal to post on a public forum, but the upshot is that the record was given to me as a gift at a time in my life when pretty much everything had gone to shit, and I was reaching for any reason to feel good about the world. The person who gave it to me was hardly a close friend, and knew very well what the record was worth, but he had an extra and let me have it just to be cool. Sure, I got a great record (it's one of my favorites ever), but it was also something special someone did for me when I really needed it--one of those things I could never repay!

The coolest one for being a weird curio: I actually have a test pressing of Danger Zone - Victim of Time. Found it at a shop in L.A. and paid all of about $6 for it. I have no idea how it found its way there!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

ION BRITTON wrote:I guess this list won't be much different from my top-faves of all times. It's the music inside the LP/Cd that counts, not the vinyl or the compact disc itself. I'm much prouder for the music i hear than for the things i own.
Damn right.For example i am proud that i am the only one in the world that is so crazy with bands like STORMWAVE,HAPPL,EQUINOX OV THE GODS,TYRANT,WALLOP,MANIAC and leave the scum behind.No interest how my collection worths.