is the 2017 High Roller Records reissue of Wolf's Edge Of The Wolrd an official reissue?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
XHead1995

is the 2017 High Roller Records reissue of Wolf's Edge Of The Wolrd an official reissue?

Post by XHead1995 »

reason why i'm asking this is cause i looked at Metal Archives one day and saw it's being listed as Unofficial. there are times where Metal Archives gets their facts wrong (it was modified by some fucking unknown user). so i want to know if there is any truth to it being a unofficial reissue. most of the reissues put out by High Roller has all been official, so i don't know how this unknown user got his/her facts.

Avenger

Re: is the 2017 High Roller Records reissue of Wolf's Edge Of The Wolrd an official reissue?

Post by Avenger »

Metal Archives is full of mistakes.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
XHead1995

Re: is the 2017 High Roller Records reissue of Wolf's Edge Of The Wolrd an official reissue?

Post by XHead1995 »

yeah, i figure it be bullshit. but nobody has yet to correct it (which it should be). but i'm very curious to know where that idiot got his/her facts from to even say that it's Unofficial. who knows. maybe one of the band members is talking shit and saying that they were not asked about the reissue (which is unlikely, since High Roller always gets the band members to be apart of their reissues).
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

There is a bootleg "Mausoleum Classix" version going around. Maybe there was some confusion with that one?
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Fixed it for now.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:Fixed it for now.
While your at it, can you change the genre of Hammersmyth to "Progressive Metal"?

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ham ... 3540261459

I submitted this correction a while ago and the idiot mod that responded wanted me to debate it on the forum like I was born yesterday and don't know what I'm talking about.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Avenger wrote:While your at it, can you change the genre of Hammersmyth to "Progressive Metal"?
I've not got the power to, soz. Were you advised to post in this thread? http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... =3&t=35533
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
Avenger wrote:While your at it, can you change the genre of Hammersmyth to "Progressive Metal"?
I've not got the power to, soz. Were you advised to post in this thread? http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... =3&t=35533
I'm not sure. I don't post on those forums. There's far too much incompetence over there.
lynx

Post by lynx »

XHead1995 wrote:reason why i'm asking this is cause i looked at Metal Archives one day and saw it's being listed as Unofficial. there are times where Metal Archives gets their facts wrong (it was modified by some fucking unknown user). so i want to know if there is any truth to it being a unofficial reissue. most of the reissues put out by High Roller has all been official, so i don't know how this unknown user got his/her facts.

I don't know if it's official or not, but their Marquis de Sade vinyl was the worst bootleg I've ever heard. They just pressed a bunch of very low quality mp3s on vinyl. They tried to cover themselves by claiming it's High Roller in conjunction with some Brazilian label.

Metal Archives consider it official and remastered, so go figure.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

So, should I stick to the original pressing? anyone has more info about it being boot?
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:So, should I stick to the original pressing? anyone has more info about it being boot?

You probably know that there is no "original" pressing of this on CD. Only boots. But, I can tell you that the HRR CD sounds like it was transferred from vinyl. It still sounds really good, and has a really informative booklet, though. Seems like there was band involvment, so I'd be willing to say the HRR versions are legit.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

otcmetal wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:So, should I stick to the original pressing? anyone has more info about it being boot?

You probably know that there is no "original" pressing of this on CD. Only boots. But, I can tell you that the HRR CD sounds like it was transferred from vinyl. It still sounds really good, and has a really informative booklet, though. Seems like there was band involvment, so I'd be willing to say the HRR versions are legit.
Yeah I meant the original LP release, thanks for the info, the HRR extras are always welcomed, will be getting a copy then.