A bit of advice when ordering from Metal Blade GmbH

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Khnud

A bit of advice when ordering from Metal Blade GmbH

Post by Khnud »

I placed an order with Metal Blade Europe on ebay a while ago on some of their newly produced Cirith Ungol items. They sent me a tracking ID for the parcel, but when the item arrived at my local post office it was immediately sent back, without me ever noticing it. The reason given on the tracking page was "customer not listed on given address". I contacted Metal Blade and they told me they had used the correct address (without telling me which one it was). I asked Swedish Post which address they had listed on the tracking ID, and apparently it was an old address that I moved out of in 2014. I did order some items from Metal Blade in 2013 when I still used my old address but my new address is used both on ebay and on Paypal (which all receipts and orders in both systems confirm). So why Metal Blade chose not to ship to my registered Paypal address, and to ship instead to an old one is beyond me. They must have some internal book keeping system which doesn't update for some reason. When I first contacted Metal Blade about the item being sent back (before I knew they used the wrong address), their representative told me they had "lots of problems" with packages being returned for no reason. But they blamed the local post offices. Go figure...

So, if you plan on ordering from Metal Blade Europe, have ordered from them in the past, and have since changed your address, please keep the above in mind! I'll probably never get my items, as they're displayed as "delivered" on Paypal. Hope it doesn't happen to you too.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Avenger

Re: A bit of advice when ordering from Metal Blade GmbH

Post by Avenger »

Thanks for the heads up. I've ordered from the European Metal Blade in the past as well with problems. The copy of the item I purchased was listed as the European German pressing which would make sense granted it was shipped from Germany, but when it arrived it was the North American US pressing.

Had this information been presented prior to buying, I wouldn't have made the purchase as that wasn't what I was looking for and I could get it cheaper locally. When I contacted customer service they ignored my messages and only responded after a paypal claim was opened. Big surprise...

I've never had any issues with the US California based disto though.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Khnud wrote:they're displayed as "delivered" on Paypal.
Open a dispute anyway. There are some rules that sellers must obey when providing tracking. One of the rules is that the online tracking system must show not only that it was delivered, but delivered to the town/post code that matches the buyers shipping address.

Another rule is that the seller MUST ship to the buyers shipping address so the seller will be asked to provice a scan of the sending ticket.

Check PayPal user agreement page.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Metal Blade confirmed something went wrong and even though they had my correct address the old one automatically appeared when they printed the invoice. Strange, but not as strange as this: It's happened again! This time with a completely German seller, and on Discogs not ebay. The package bounces with "address unknown" as the reason. Despite the address being correct. I've received lots of packages from several different other countries, this only seems to affect Germany. Apparently Deutsche Post hates my guts. :-/
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight