Hellenic post = reliable?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
ION BRITTON

Re: Hellenic post = reliable?

Post by ION BRITTON »

Astra Wally wrote: Registered shipping from Belgium to Greece: 32.80€ (!!!)....

...for only one LP.
Well, that sucks. Maybe it sucks more than the US postage rates. The charges from countries like the UK/Germany/Holland etc where I usually order from are far more reasonable in this case. I wouldn't be surprised if no one has ever chosen registered shipping, you almost buy two more new LPs with that money.. Personally, I would either make registered shipping mandatory over a certain amount, or I wouldn't be selling LPs at all. You gotta come in buyer's position too, no one is willing to pay a fortune to have some vinyls shipped when the same thing cost's a lot less in most other countries, it's almost like asking to get robbed. Of course no one is forcing anybody to buy from Belgium, but I'm sure you know how obsessed and addicted some people are when it comes to buying records.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

To not put people off from buying from Belgium. Registered post is an additional 5.40euro extra on normal shipping. Just buy a stamp for registered shipping and fill in the form for registered shipping and you will be fine when people pay with PayPal. Introduction will follows. Thanks from Belgium
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Normal shipping from Belgium to Greece: 13.05€
Registered shipping from Belgium to Greece: 32.80€
Zanker wrote:Registered post is an additional 5.40euro extra on normal shipping.
Which of the two is it?

Not meaning to ruin any business from Belgium, we're just discussing.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Well, i ship registered from Belgium worldwide for an extra 5.40euro on normal shipping. There will be more sellers from Belgium that will or can confirm this. You can check www.bpost.be. Even the correct registered shipping is 5.29euro to be precise. I put for 5.40euro when paying with PayPal.
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

http://www.bpost.be/site/nl/residential ... tered.html

and push "tarieven" '(rates)

check this link. That stamp with the goose is for registered shipping (so it says normal shipping + 5.29euro up to 2kg but i use it for all my packages and never had any problems.
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

Zanker wrote:To not put people off from buying from Belgium. Registered post is an additional 5.40euro extra on normal shipping. Just buy a stamp for registered shipping and fill in the form for registered shipping and you will be fine when people pay with PayPal. Introduction will follows. Thanks from Belgium
Hi Ronny

Welcome on the forum !

Hmmmmm I thought 5.29€ was just for standard and non-standard letter ?

Packaging for one lp is even not considered like non-standard letter right?

Just asking, I may be completely wrong...
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Hi Julien, That stamp counts for both letters and packets. I use these for years now and never had any problems.
For neigbouring countries like Germany, Holland, Luxemburg and Great Britain, you better use "bpack World" as this is up to 10kg for only 16.40euro registered. I have a GREAT postofficemanager that gave me an appointment and he took the time to explain me everything for the best rates for shipping letters and packets worldwide.
Next time when you're in the postoffice, ask for a leaflet with all the rates. It's a great help for sure.
If in doubt, you can always contact me. You'll sleep beter than sending an expensive or are LP non registered that's for sure.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Astra Wally wrote:Buyer finally received his package yesterday, more than one month after sending.
Avenger wrote:Not sure why you would send a rare expensive record unregistered though...
It's the buyer's responsability to ask for registered shipping. If ever the record was lost, I wouldn't be held responsible. That's pretty obvious right?
That works, but only if you haven't received the payment via PayPal.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Astra Wally wrote: Registered shipping from Belgium to Greece: 32.80€ (!!!)....

...for only one LP.
Well, that sucks. Maybe it sucks more than the US postage rates...
Shipping one LP registered from USA to overseas would cost about $32+ so its compatible
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Well sending one LP registered to the USA from Belgium would still cost 13,05euro + 5.29euro registered. So total cost is 18.39euro.
Up to 2kg.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Stormspell wrote: That works, but only if you haven't received the payment via PayPal
Works also with paypal when buyer has sent the payment as 'friends and family'.
humus

Post by humus »

RE: Belgian post.

"Track & trace" is not included when sending a package registered via Belgian post. So basically, if you're worried about PayPal claims, registered mail is still worthless because PayPal will only rule in the seller's favour when you can provide an internet link that says the package was delivered.
If you want your package tracked, you have to choose for 'bpack World' which does cost €32.80 for one record (but also for 10 records, because it's the same price up to 5 kilograms) to Greece. And even €65.60 for a worldwide package.

I almost never send packages anymore because of the high postal prices, but a few years ago I sent a large pack and paid extra for 'Proof of delivery' (Bericht van ontvangst/AR) which is a paper that has to be signed by the receiving person upon delivery and which is then returned to the sender. Of course I never received the actual paper back, but I was given a number which did allow me to track the package online, where it said delivery was successful.
This is possibly the cheapest way to send packages with tracking (would total €8 or so above the regular shipping price), but I only used this method once and am not sure you get a tracking number for all packages sent this way.

Got to love our straightforward tariff structure!
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Anyone having problems with big delays of items shipped to the US? I have several packages stuck where the international mail should be received and scanned.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:Anyone having problems with big delays of items shipped to the US? I have several packages stuck where the international mail should be received and scanned.
You moved to greece?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."