Recent Metal Finds

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Le fjump

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2016)

Post by Le fjump »

Hallows eve - Tales of terror Banzai pressing
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

johnnysteel

Post by johnnysteel »

Le fjump wrote:Hallows eve - Tales of terror Banzai pressing

Please tell me it wasn't this copy though??!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HALLOWS-EVE-TAL ... SwnHZYe~xv

:shock: :|
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

loxx wrote: You could have just let it be, but no, further internet drama. Let me tell you: Prowler is longer in this game and much better at it than you.The only reason you still stand here is: he and many more are not interested in arguing that much (well, anymore). You are probabaly a nice guy but you haven't contributed even 5% of what Prowler(or his othe nickmanes) did in the past regarding rips and infos. So, just let it go uncommented pls.
Indeed, as Futuresynner on Thrashmageddon, for example.

Cheers for the info on The Law.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

johnnysteel wrote:
Le fjump wrote:Hallows eve - Tales of terror Banzai pressing

Please tell me it wasn't this copy though??!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HALLOWS-EVE-TAL ... SwnHZYe~xv

:shock: :|
Haha... no...
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

loxx wrote:just let it go uncommented pls.
That's not how it works. The internet is free reign in case you haven't noticed. That's what makes it great. :idea:

Noisenik wrote:Indeed, as Futuresynner on Thrashmageddon, for example.
I forgot about that terrible place.

Are they still illegally charging for material that they don't own the rights to?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

That's not the objective really.

The thing is - to share mp3 files also or to help re-uploading when Rapidshare and later Megaupload killed most links there.
The money issue works more as a dissuasive factor mainly to leechers.
Tht's what i always thought about it.

When Thrashmaggedon was pumping it was as a nice place as this it is. Or was...
Corroseum also saw better days already.
Knowledge Is Power
humus

Post by humus »

Seems like facebook killed off most forums. However I'm still struggling to find real content on facebook. Mostly just pages with people posting coloured rereleases.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

rumblefist wrote:That's not the objective really.

The thing is - to share mp3 files also or to help re-uploading when Rapidshare and later Megaupload killed most links there.

This argument already tried to be used back when Corroseum exclusive rips done by members of this board ended up on trashmagaydon without permission. There's an entire thread dedicated to it if your willing to do a search.

It's easily debunked knowing that the majority of the rips that end up there were leeched from elsewhere to begin with. Then to obtain said "privilege" you must pay them for content they do not even own themselves?

It's a completely backwards entitlement issue. A flawed concept that lacks all logic.

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware that anything put on the internet is no longer solely an individuals property but this double standard reeks of hypocrisy.

If these guys simply cared about keeping the content “alive” they wouldn’t be charging for it.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

humus wrote:Seems like facebook killed off most forums. However I'm still struggling to find real content on facebook. Mostly just pages with people posting coloured rereleases.

I agree.

The issue with social media is that it's a platform to broadcast your life without anonymity. Places like facebook openly document everything and attach it to your personal information.

Facebook is a jack of all trades and master of none in this area and I'd much rather keep my hobbies and interests separate from who I am on the surface to people such as my co-workers that don't give a shit about stuff like obscure Metal bands from the 80's.
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Sorry then - but you know nothing about Thrashmageddon content.
There is there more than 400 rips (of stuff there wasn't yeat on the web) that i did and ended in Lockjaw blog, Metal Area, Strappado Blog and perhaps even to some Corroseum members that shared it through pm or soulseek sharing.

yes yes - Corroseum !!!! That some moderators and members use the money alternative and a anonymous status.

Ask any Thrashmageddon old member who uploaded Stonehenge from New Zealand ?????
Locutus the same as i - bought a ton of vinyl and demos and immediately after, one would have at least a file to listen.
Shadowcaster - i'm sure he uploaded more than 100 of his own rips also not yet on the web.
Demophil (Infernal here) - lots of stuff offered by band members he knew through the years
Doomedplanet - same

and now the real ace - Futuresynner (or Prowler ??? or whatever ??)
what about a ton of vinyl rips of his collection that he sent to Locutus or OliverMagnum or to me to be ripped and shared on Thrashmageddon ????

we all and some other members (sobelow with some rare US thrash demos , zarathos with a ton of rare brasilian demos) are just some more...

You seem to know not enough about Thrashmageddon

I always saw the 2 Foruns as non-competitive since Corroseum deals more with general discussians about Metal and very useful information which also exists on Thrashmageddon but on a lower level. I think that's why there are people here and there.

---------------

Avenger wrote:
rumblefist wrote:That's not the objective really.

This argument already tried to be used back when Corroseum exclusive rips done by members of this board ended up on trashmagaydon without permission. There's an entire thread dedicated to it if your willing to do a search.

It's easily debunked knowing that the majority of the rips that end up there were leeched from elsewhere to begin with. Then to obtain said "privilege" you must pay them for content they do not even own themselves?

It's a completely backwards entitlement issue. A flawed concept that lacks all logic.

Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware that anything put on the internet is no longer solely an individuals property but this double standard reeks of hypocrisy.

If these guys simply cared about keeping the content “alive” they wouldn’t be charging for it.
Knowledge Is Power
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

We are creating a major off topic here, but more or less is how rumblefist describes it. Prowler (Futuresynner) was a huge ballbuster sometimes, but generally a nice guy that shared a shitload of rarities and offered plenty of free work for the forum. Especially the last years, he took over all the work and expenses with no obvious payback. As I said earlier, Avenger, it's not everything black or white, just darker or lighter shades of grey. And definitely, Thrashmageddon was a light shade of grey.
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Thrashmageddon never charged for downloads, ever. I think there was some minor charge for entry if you were gay and did not contribute, which hopefully would keep out people not wanted. I had an encounter with a high profile "serious" demo collector that refused to join but I discovered right away he did not plan to share, only take what he wanted, so I was glad he never came to T-Mag. At its peak it was the best forum. People helped, answered questions, almost everyone was serious about sharing and gladly bent over backwards to help people find something they had searched for years. i can say without hesitation some of my most wanted mp3 obscurities either came from there or through friendships built there. If you think otherwise Avenger it is clue 1000 that you have no idea what you are talking about. And no one I know paid a cent to be there.
Avenger wrote:
Noisenik wrote:Indeed, as Futuresynner on Thrashmageddon, for example.
I forgot about that terrible place.

Are they still illegally charging for material that they don't own the rights to?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Does anyone post without bias anymore?

I never stated that every single rip shared there originated elsewhere. Obviously that site will have some legitimate contributors but rather then acknowledge the fact that the forum has a lot of content "leeched" from elsewhere the defender fan boys will simply only state what supports their side of the argument and ignore the rest.

In fact, I remember when they were uploading rips of brand new releases that are inexpensive to buy physical copies of and were easily available.

So before you guys band together and post based on a bias towards me as an individual, take into consideration that if an average joe without a boys club membership wants to download content from there, they will have to pay regardless where the rip came from.

What kind of backwards logic dictates that someone can charge for material they took from elsewhere, don't have the copyright to and robs legitimate labels of the investment made into their product?

If you have a problem with me, that's perfectly fine. Understandable even. That's your narrative but there is no denying the facts and I'm not even going to bother getting into the legal side of this.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

loxx wrote:The Law is shitte, huge pile of. On the LP there are maybe 2 decent trax, if you can listen to them ironically. Literally it's just cocky hard rock garbage, totally forgettable.
Lol. And you've been pretty generous to them in my opinion.
Wasn't there a connection between the band & some religious cult? Father Yod perhaps?
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.