Forbidden evil - endless slaughter demotape

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
humus

Forbidden evil - endless slaughter demotape

Post by humus »

I'm wondering if someone has an original copy of this demotape.
I acquired one last weekend in a demo lot, but the owner had doubts about it being original. He got it from a German trader in the early 90's but assumed it was a bootleg.
I've been trying to verify this, however the only copy I've been able to locate is almost identical to mine. And that owner is not sure either if he has an original or old bootleg.

So, open up your demo collection and help me out!
humus

Post by humus »

Surely someone here must own this?!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

I've only the Demo 87 of Forbidden Evil. But thel tape must look like all of these demos made by their management who also did the Vio-lence and Sacred Reich(?). Or not? The Forbidden Evil, Sacred Reich and Vio-lence demos do look all of the same scheme. Black tapes (Sacred Reich white), pro-printed booklet on glossy paper ... how does your demo look?
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
humus

Post by humus »

You mean the tapes distributed by Alexandra Dorrie? She also sold the Death angel demotape. However this Forbidden evil demo was never sold by her (the 87 demo was).

I'll post a pic tomorrow.[/img]
humus

Post by humus »

Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Glossy paper or just xeroxed?
humus

Post by humus »

Semi-glossy (thicker than xerox paper but thinner than the paper on for example the 87 demo)
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Would you say it's real printed and no laserprinter print? Then I'd say it's original ... however in the past years there have surfaced a hell of old 80's demos being reproduced. Seen alone 3 different versions of the famous Exumer demo. Therefore I do not buy demos of such kind of well known bands. The possibility you buy a bootleg is almost 50:1. I don't understand that not a single member here has this demo ...
humus

Post by humus »

Indeed, the world is flooded with bootlegs of demotapes. However, even after some active searching I have been able to locate only one other copy of this demotape, of which the owner is also not 100% sure if it's original. So it's definately not a mass produced bootleg, or a recent one (original owner told me he got it in the early '90s from a German tapetrade contact).

I got this in a lot by the way, wouldn't have bought it either if it was a 'standalone' buy. But it indeed boggles my mind that no-one seems to have an original copy. I can't tell from the print quality or the tape brand if mine is the real deal. So the only way to know for sure is to find someone with a guaranteed original tape.