usps and tracking IDs (collector issue)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Khnud

usps and tracking IDs (collector issue)

Post by Khnud »

One and a half months ago I bought something from a guy in the US. He ships it registered (first class) and provides me with a tracking ID. On usps.com it shows that it departed Miami, FL early February, but it still hasn't arrived here yet. Also, the guy is being weird about it not arriving, asking me like every other day "has it arrived yet?" even though I keep telling him I'll let him know as soon as it does. Still, the same questions over and over.

Now it's been more than a month since it left the US, and I'm wondering if I'm getting screwed here. I mean, there's nothing preventing the guy from writing a completely different address than mine on the package, right? Like shipping it to his friend in Canada, or Germany or whatever, just as long as usps shows it was dispatched internationally. Or is it possible to check with the usps which address was written on the package since they have the tracking ID? I've tried searching their website but haven't found anything.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Grimlord

Post by Grimlord »

First Class isn't registered, that's just a customs number you'll get. USPS is very slow sometimes. Waited almost 4 weeks last month for a package to show up with First Class. You might wanna check out this site and try entering the tracking number here:

http://www.track-trace.com/post
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

And how's it with the customs shit while sending via UPS? Sometimes it's just delayed because the customs didn't move their asses. 2 months I once did wait for a single from Australia that was lying at their office. The tracking number didn't help either in that case.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Thanks for the link! It only directed me to the usps and Swedish Post tracking sites though, and I've already used those before.

Yes, I am aware that the post is sometimes slow. It is not an answer to my question though - is it possible to get the address on the package from usps? I've had packages taking longer time in the past - it is the behaviour of the guy I'm dealing with that worries me.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Khnud wrote:is it possible to get the address on the package from usps?
Sadly no. I tried that too, it's impossible to get in touch with them.
At least they could provide the country of destination before the package leaves USA borders, but not even that is available... :?
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Is the seller new at shipping abroad? Apparently both Canadian and US postal services usually say that delivery time is like 5 days, which is completely false. When I bought stuff from people new at shipping abroad they start getting itchy when I haven't confirmed the arrival within that time-span. I guess they are worried you are trying to rip them off with an "item not received" claim.