Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Herkus Monte

Re: Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Post by Herkus Monte »

Zombie Dance wrote: Insulter : I'm planning on destroying the Thrash side to just keep the Black Church shit
Got it on CD recently, so far listened to it only once, but I can't say the thrash side sounds bad. In fact, I was expecting something much worse, as it was the case with some other extreme bands from late 80's who suddenly decided to sound more mature and started creating "sophisticated" tracks (Eg. Mefisto's second demo). Their thrash is still thrashing the way it should, but obviously the black metal songs are far superior and that's why I bought this album.
Incindentally, the label is advertising Insulter as "deathcore". As we know this term has been associated with extreme metalcore abominations (or something) for several years, but was it actually in use back in the 80's? I can't recall any example right now.
Last edited by Herkus Monte on Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Sure that was an overstatement, their Thrash Metal is far from bad. But the difference (in looks and in music) is so big. I said that more as a reference to those who destroyed their Overdose side of the split Sepultura/Overdose :D (which is way more understandable, can't remember where I heard that though).

The therm Deathcore was definitly used sometimes to define the Brazillian sound, as a mix of Hardcore and Death metal
(http://sendbackmystamps.org/2015/01/27/ ... ousel-6615)
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

I've seen deathcore used in reference to Legion of Death & Skeletal Earth, long before stuff like Wanking the Cadaver.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Please welcome my new darling for the rest of this year. Among my top 3 wants for years, now mine!

Btw. did someone above say that Overdose's part of the Split with Sepultura is garbage or did I just read it wrong??????
If so, I mean if he did so, I need to state that this is BLASPHEMY! :x
"Anjos do Apocalipse" is somewhat of a brazilian Power Metal gem! And musically there have been worlds that divided the musicians of Overdose and Sepultura. I love Sepultura of the 80's but seriously until "Schizophrenia" they just have been "another" brazilian Thrash band. Holocausto's debut has been by far more brutal and more Death Metal than Sepultura has ever been ...
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Story is, back in the day, fans of Sepultura thought Overdose was a wimp metal band and shred that part of the split. I'm on their side for that matter, love early Sep', never been fond of Overdose music, sounds like music to dance to (to my ears).
Never heard of that lp you scored, but congratulation I guess :D
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Zombie Dance wrote:sounds like music to dance to (to my ears).
:shock:
Prowler, you have already the reputation of being from polliticaly "incorrect" to rude in your replies, so I' ll let you do the dirty job and handle this! :D However, I doubt if you are eventually going to do your duty, as recently you sound too soft and mellow (for your standards) to my ears! :P Probably the numerous poser buys have taken their toll! :D :P
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Does posers look like this?
Sure on the split they haven't had the finesse like on "Conscience" or "You're really big" but it was one of the first brazilian Power Metal vinyls ... and I really wanna see you dance to that music ... please do a video clip ... :wink:
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Priamos wrote:
Zombie Dance wrote:sounds like music to dance to (to my ears).
:shock:
Prowler, you have already the reputation of being from polliticaly "incorrect" to rude in your replies, so I' ll let you do the dirty job and handle this! :D However, I doubt if you are eventually going to do your duty, as recently you sound too soft and mellow (for your standards) to my ears! :P Probably the numerous poser buys have taken their toll! :D :P
Prohably it is like you say, so kids, hands off the poser crap unless you also wanna become a softie! :!:
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Priamos wrote: Prowler, you have already the reputation of being from polliticaly "incorrect" to rude in your replies, so I' ll let you do the dirty job and handle this! :D However, I doubt if you are eventually going to do your duty, as recently you sound too soft and mellow (for your standards) to my ears! :P Probably the numerous poser buys have taken their toll! :D :P
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Antichrist showing first signs of mellowness of age ???
We praise the blood that metal brings
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Prowler wrote:Image

Does posers look like this?
Sure on the split they haven't had the finesse like on "Conscience" or "You're really big" but it was one of the first brazilian Power Metal vinyls ... and I really wanna see you dance to that music ... please do a video clip ... :wink:
Well you see, there's a group effect that makes em look badass. It's a common mistake, same goes when a lot of chicks are gathered together you have the feeling they are hot but if you check em out individually they have nothing special and usually are plain ugly.

From left to right : Dude with the mustache looks like a midget playing in a Destructor parody-band (and what the fuck is that "fur" coming from between his leg???). Then you have the kid who can't stand having sun in his face, him and the one right next to him are obviously trying too hard not to look 14. Then i gotta admit the two guys with the Vulcano/Sabbat look are alright, but that's 2 out of 5, pretty bad score... I will do a Lindy-hop demo tutorial video on their song "Ultima Estrelà" when i got the time. :D

Joking aside, pretty weak band in my opinion, and from the Circus of Death album they just became plain crap (but I'll admit there's only a few brazilian band from that style/era who didn't end up that way.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

OmenOfSteel wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Antichrist showing first signs of mellowness of age ???
Antichrist my ass!!! Even, Rudolph, the red nosed reindeer would have replied in a more brutal manner, if someone offended Overdose so badly! :P :D
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Ey c'mon ... he picked out exactly those guys that got fired later for not playing in the same league as the leaders of Overdose! For obvious reasons ... and furs coming straight from out between someone's legs is totally 80's! :wink:
"Circus of death" wasn't mentioned, so you cannot choose this album as reference. Otherwise I need to pull out Sepultura's "Roots" or "Chaos A.D." :lol:
And furthermore the deal was dancing to "Anjos do Apocalypse" ... where do we end if everyone can do what he want? :!: :twisted:
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

whiteravenmetal

Post by whiteravenmetal »

Great slection of essentials, dig the Magia Negra.
johnnysteel

Post by johnnysteel »

#1 want crossed off the list today. Still sealed, original.
Attachments
rps20151205_220318.jpg
rps20151205_220318.jpg (45.55 KiB) Viewed 4166 times