Recent Metal Finds (2015)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

Prowler wrote:
Cyrcka wrote:ahh u find a Sirens copy :shock:
Ask for the price, pleeease ask! :lol:

ahahahaha you are the bargain man, u should change your user name :lol:
Ryür

Post by Ryür »

Sirens are top want here !
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Ryür wrote:Sirens are top want here !
I thought X-CALIBER - Warriors of The Night is , ha,ha.
Ryür

Post by Ryür »

AS WELL!
lox

Post by lox »

Prowler wrote:That's the other german Agent Orange band (the less known with only that single) from Bayreuth. I think it's from 1984 (no year on the sleeve)
That's not a lie but technically not correct either, put your glasses on and check the front cover again.

This & Sirens are solid obscure releases, nothing special though, but in your pictures there is nothing better either. Besides of Sanctuary of course, monumental vinyl, I'm looking for a perfect US pressing, had to sell mine crackly euro trash...
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

yep, there is written that the cover was painted in 84, but who knows if this was also recorded the same year? I think I also read somewhere that it is from 85....
I think the A-side is quite cool....

@Prowler: what is that sleeveless single?
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Nightcrawler wrote: @Prowler: what is that sleeveless single?
TC21, horrible UK Hard Rock/Metal something crap, labelled as NWOBHM ... :!:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

lox wrote: This & Sirens are solid obscure releases, nothing special though,
Phew ... both are MUCH better than shit like big selling Angel War, Black Fate etc crap for sure. The only minus point on Sirens (Agent Orange doesn't have any) is the vocalist. If he "sings" like Udo everything is ok, but if he's trying to really sing he had major problems. But the musicianship is pretty solid.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
lox

Post by lox »

Prowler wrote:
lox wrote: both are MUCH better than shit like big selling Angel War, Black Fate
Can't remember Angel War but it's true compared to BF. Still none of them has any lasting musical value for me but if you consider it good enough, then it's fine.

Yes, the Sirens guy has some moments where I think any moment he will break down and cry :lol:

German metal is a damn minefield.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

I got this wonderful box after months of desperate chasing:

http://www.discogs.com/Hurd-Black-Box/release/5411433

the definitive and total collection of Hurd (Mongolia) except for their Talarkhalyin Concert (which was released on DVD only and I have it :D )
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

jnfernal wrote:I got this wonderful box after months of desperate chasing:

http://www.discogs.com/Hurd-Black-Box/release/5411433

the definitive and total collection of Hurd (Mongolia) except for their Talarkhalyin Concert (which was released on DVD only and I have it :D )
How much does it cost?
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

The box itself not too much....around 80 euros + delivery + customs...I paid 110 in total

But it is almost impossible to find unless you have some contacts in Mongolia...which is the most difficult thing...it took me 4 months to get a reply from somebody in Mongolia. You know, they are not very talkiative and open to foreigners overthere
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

jnfernal wrote:The box itself not too much....around 80 euros + delivery + customs...I paid 110 in total

But it is almost impossible to find unless you have some contacts in Mongolia...which is the most difficult thing...
The problem is that as far as know, neither their musical style nor the quality remained the same during the years, so it doesn't really make good value for money to get 12 CDs just for the sake of some good (or even great) songs.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

it depends....as the first 3 "Best collections" are totally out of print and impossible to find, as well as the last 2 CDs feature lot of old metal songs, to me it's a mandatory item in my collection. There are some albums that do not say anything to me, but for me it is more important if I see it as a whole encyclopedia of one of the only 2 metal bands coming from that country
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »