Slaughter (Can) releases/reissues - (un)recommendations

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Herkus Monte

Slaughter (Can) releases/reissues - (un)recommendations

Post by Herkus Monte »

The only album of that band I do have is that crappy "Strappado" CD in digipack from Metal Mind that I bought five years ago and I would definitely like to replace it with a reissue of a higher standard. The problem with this band is its material has been released on so many compilations and reissues (and there have also been bootlegs, right?) that is makes it a bit difficult to choose. I have definitely neither money nor will to buy all of them, so my question is: which of all this releases can be recommended and which ones should be avoided at all costs?
c4d4v3r

Post by c4d4v3r »

for me, this is the best
http://www.musik-sammler.de/media/26659
the 2 albums in one!
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Not keen on this one. There's channel dropouts on it. I'd actually go for the Nuclear Blast issue 'cos it's got all the bonuses like "Death Dealer" & "Maim to Please" from the original cassette issue & also a live set from '85.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Looks terrific. That Meatcleaver demo is quite funny.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

Personally I'm perfectly happy with that Metal Mind version of Strappado (sounds and looks great, can't see the issue with it) alongside the great Tortured Souls boxset that Marquee released.

The 2012 version of Strappado linked here, released by Marquee, does look very cool though.