Horrific crimes of record collecting

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Abstract

Post by Abstract »

My problem is that I buy records I already have and that's not good! For example I'm at a recordstore and I find AC/DC "Fly on the Wall" which I don't like. I think it's missing for me to get a full discography of the band and by it. Then I get home and find I already have that "shitty" record, and now I have 2. :evil:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Abstract wrote:My problem is that I buy records I already have and that's not good! For example I'm at a recordstore and I find AC/DC "Fly on the Wall" which I don't like. I think it's missing for me to get a full discography of the band and by it. Then I get home and find I already have that "shitty" record, and now I have 2. :evil:
Make a list of what you already have.

Problem solved.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Fly on the Wall is not shitty if you are a fan of the post-Bon Scott Era.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:Fly on the Wall is not shitty if you are a fan of the post-Bon Scott Era.
Tastes differ.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Keir

Post by Keir »

Glen wrote:
Abyss wrote:I don't believe any band is good enough to own every single album, obviously some people have to own everything for collectors sake but that is another story.
My opinion too. I surely don't own every record from a specific band.
I also agree. Just to clarify, this thread was intended to be about albums that you think are classics, but don't own. Obviously everyone's list of classics are going to be different.

A couple others I thought of are the debuts by Black Sabbath and Rainbow.