Opinions on shipping from USA to Italy

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

The problem is that adding 35 euros for a delivery that can be for free for others frustrates me too. I want to place the order but 35 US$ is 5 or even 7 CDs of difference over a total of 17 ordered.....

even because I would like to take the chance to buy those releases that are sold by astronomic prices on Ebay or Amazon by greedy collectors...
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Then...to be frank...people from Sweden told that they also wait 2 months sometimes to receive parcels from USA...so why Italy must be added to the rogue states and Sweden (or other countries not in the ban list) not?
I don't think it's fair, honestly.
It seems if there's a problem/delay it must always italian fault....but honestly, this attitude "it's always other's fault, not mine" doesn't sound good.
Don't you even consider that there may be delays inside american postal service too?

I really would like to know how many issues you (and other people complaining with my country) had with Italy...it seems it happens only to some specific users only and only once in your case. But this seems enough - or a further cultural reason - to ban Italy.

Germany had delays and problems for a few months but it was defined as a temporary problem only
Swedish people said they wait two months sometimes but it's ok, never considered it as a problem

With italy...it seems you had issues only with Helstar but it seems that one becomes the general norm...

then you read that 1000 users just copy and paste the "rouge male list" issued by other americans (the same list with the same layout, just a copy and paste 90% of times...probably they don't even check it, they take it for good) and you take it as true and reliable in order to judge a country.

Seriously, when you say that I can send hidden cash at my own risk, do you really believe that once the parcel enter to USA everything is assumed to going perfectly? Just because you think USA is perfect? Looks like a bit selfish. It really makes me feel upset this attitude "I don't trust yours but you should trust my postal service because it works better than yours"...it's ultranationalistic attitude to my eyes.

Don't you think that delays and lost parcels can originate in your country as well? Or it's just Italy and other rogue states fault?

I paid 35 euros for delivering 7 cds...it means that I lost one CD for each CD I bought...I really wonder how many complains you received from Italy except for Helstar.

As I understand you simply put Italy in the rogue states list just for 1 delayed parcel, not even lost. And it seems you didn't even lost money because Helstar paid you anyway. So what's your policy when you read that swedish people (and who knows how many other friend countries) say that they must wait a couple of months too?
It seems you ignore them to be an issue you and just point the finger to the same rogue states.
As you can see in this topic also parcels from Canada to Europe may take up to a couple of months but nobody complained nor included the whole europe in the ban list.

I think a personal problem with a specific user only can't be the meter to judge a whole country.
For what you write it seems yours was just a emotive reaction after a specific user only (Helstar) but quickly pumped as a general problem with a self complacency in see how many people complain about Italy.
I repeat: when one becomes the norm, it's easy to judge. One italian belongs to mafia? So every italian should belong to mafia as well.
Then, who cares if mafia is limited to some provinces in the south only.
There are lots of mafias in USA as well: russian, chinese, italian (yes, sure, I don't deny it), mafia systems in workers syndicates....but that doesn't matter. There's mafia also in Sweden - I read many books about Swensk mafia and its connection with local politicians and nazi groups. I dont' judge it as mafia is spreaded everywhere in the world, at many level, with different faces. But for the eyes of the public only Italy is synonim of mafia. Others do not exist. Or do not worth to be mentioned.
Being a traveller for 10 years I always come across thousand of stupid prejudices against Italy...some may be true, sure, but many others are just part of a very low, narrow, prejudicial cultural formation.

One delayed parcel to Italy is enough to put it in the banned list. Delayed parcels t Scandinavia or the friendly european countries do not make evidences. Because they're not shitty as Italy. So theirs must be just a coincidence. Ours is a common point, as that other narrow minded french said with such a great mental effort.

And if it must be, so you must apply it to every other country, beyond any personal sympathy or personal opinion about it.
But we are the ass of Europe and the ass of the world. If things go bad it's always because of countries like us. It's easy to blame the same people, even when there are evidences that prove the contrary or when there are ignored complains from other friendly countries from the 1st world.
There are countries naturally chosen to rule the world and countries naturally chosen to be the evil of this world. We belong to the second category of course. You to the first, of course.
I am still waiting for an answer about my request of investigation for losing dozen of parcels sent after September 09.2001 but american postal service never replied. Probably they went lost even before entering USA, because they were sent from Italy. So it must be quite obvious they were lost in Italy.

Don't you think it's a bit unfair? Witnesses talk about 2 months waiting to Sweden sometimes but they're still in the friend list.
Looks like the american department of war: rogue states, friend states, embarks and sanctions against those who try to menace american's security. But evidences are thin. And cases of delay are witnessed also by other countries.

To be honest I never received any complain from sender from USA and I got the same treatment and condition as Sweden, Canada, France, UK....

I would suggest you to keep a register of every delayed parcel...at the end of the year I guess even customers from UK, France, Scandinavia experienced some long delays, many or few they may be. Not only Italy or other rogue states.
But I think those statistic would be kept in the sercret files.
Last edited by jnfernal on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

I assume you are mainly meaning me as the Swedish. I have to be clear that I bought all my Stormspell releases so far from European distros and never ordered from Stormspell directly. My experiences comes mainly from buying from private sellers in USA (and looking at date stamped on the package by the USPS and comparing it to the date I receive it).
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Yes, I was meaning you but with no bad intent at all.
Just to show that we're not the only county who may experiences delay from USA.
I just wanted to stress the fact that even better and most developed countries may face some delays. Private or not private seller doesn't make difference of treatment by american postal services, so I just wanted to tell Mr. Stormspell that even other european countries may experience delays from USA or Canada, delays of 2 months of several weeks.

Nothing malicious towards you. On the contrary I thank you for sharing your experience.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

jnfernal wrote:Yes, I was meaning you but with no bad intent at all.
I know, I was merely pointing out that the delays I have experienced may not have been from the state of California, but other states as each state has their own customs etc (can't remember where all the people I bought from lives, and which packages were delayed). Don't take this as me thinking the Italian postal service must be the one responsible, just that my experience may not be 100% comparable to this case.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

[/quote]
Don't take this as me thinking the Italian postal service must be the one responsible, just that my experience may not be 100% comparable to this case.[/quote]

Ah, I never thought that, don't worry. But it's interesting to know that every american state has its own custom policy, I didn't know that - and consequently its own delivery times according to various destination

That can be another evidence against those american who generalize about Italian postal services. I don't want to defend Italy at any cost but not even generalize like many americans and other scattered seller do, generalizing and putting Italy and mediterranean countries in a banned list.
Probably sending from California to Italy can take longer that from other american states and it may be the norm. And sending from California to Sweden (or any other country) may take considerably less.

Probably sending from Tennessee or North Carolina (or wherever) to Sweden (for example, according to your experience) can also take 2 months and it may appear normal as wellm while sending from Tennessee or North Carolina to Italy may take less.

I generally estimated a 2 weeks time from USA to Italy, over a base of around 300+ transactions. Sometimes it take less - 8/10 days, sometimes 17/20 days. For me it's absolutely normal and I guess it's not too much different from the european standard times. Unless Europe won't blame us of rising up average times. But I really doubt Germany, France, Spain can expect an average delivery time of 5-6 days from USA. I highly doubt that.

When I read: "Yes, I sent a parcel from USA to Italy or I received a parcel from Italy to USA and it took 2 months" I wonder:

-was this your only experience with Italy? Or do you usually wait such long time everytime you come across with Italy?

-was it just a case or is it the norm t your personal experience? As you have seen sometimes even people from Scandinavia or other countries experience a 2 months time, so it may happen to/from everywhere.

-How many times did you trade with Italy and how many times did you experienced such delay? In percentage, which is the rate of delays compared with good deliveries ?

I guess that most of times they had only one negative experience but it's enough. Probably they had the same negative experience with other countries too but it does not worth to be mentioned.
In some cases there are people who just heard it and - despite they had only one experience, positive as well - they jeard that sending to Italy is like sending to evil. I won't stop thinking to this ridicolous and pathetic way of thinking: it really makes me think that some people do not have a brain. Just a sponge which sucks prejudices here and there and let them think for him.

Really, when it comes to Italy I really feel like a sort of racism, cultural racism from the self-proclaimed welfare states. One, two, tens, hundred times travelling the world I hear a huge dose of bullshit against Italy. I just let them talk and use the same level of conversation when I must talk about their countries but it makes me feel like a child, a selfish, ridicolous child grown up in an apparent heaven surrounded by evil forces.

When I sent my parcel to Peru I expected a 3-4-5 weeks delivery time. It took 13 days only, to my great surprise.
Improvement of italian postal service? No way! For sure Peruvian posts improved. Italians will be and will always remain the same shit to the eyes of the world. No need to doubt it

In any case it's nice to hear that different american states have different delivery times because of different custom policies. That makes me feel better and makes me feel that it's not always Italian's fault as usual.

That's why I fully understand that your experience is not 100% comparable to mine. But helps me to think that there are specific cases.
And mr. Stormspell just put us in the ban list for a suspected delayed delivery and probably a bit too impatient customer who - in any case - paid the price, so he can't complain of losses in any case.

But at the end for his paranoias I had to pay 35 US$. I didn't want to send hidden cash "at my own risk". I know american postal service is perfect but they tend to open parcels suspected to contain anthrax for the president. So even if I know it's the most perfect postal system in the world (along with a very restricted list of no more than 10 countries), I am not fool enough to blindly trust his absolute convinction that once my hidden cash enter America it will arrive safely.

A few weeks ago - as I said - one german customer told me that in the parcel I sent 2 cds were missing. He sent me pictures of the enveloppe and it looked in the same conditions as when I sent it.
The delivery was not registered but I agreed to refund him, despite I had no proofs nor evidences that it was my fault.
Maybe he could have invented this story just to get back some money and a couple of CDs for free.
But I felt sorry when he came with "what can you expect from an Italian?"
This is racism, a prejudicial negative attitude. Because there's no way to doubt that germans (or any other population) is obviously honest and italians are obviously thieves. They are convinced of that and they try to convince us the same, too.
According to this, I should put Germany in the rogue states list. I didn't because in my opinion he was a nerd. And I can't blame a whole system, a whole society for a single nerd only.
That was my only negative experience in 600+ trades I made in the last 2 years, by the way.

And to be honest - even if this is a personal matter - the same italian who gave troubles to Stormspell gave troubles to me too. I was told by a friend of him that he was feared I sent nothining to him. So I guess Mr. Stormspell just overreacted and tried to spread negative propaganda just because of one customer only. And he generalised one single experience to the whole country.
So I kindly ask mr. Stormspell to be honest: when he talks about opened paypal claims, can he tell us how many he received from Italy? And how many he received from other countries? On a total of how many delivered parcels? Just to have an idea and let numbers talk.
I can't believe open paypal claims come from Italy only. I am sure he received others from other countries. But maybe italians have a more specific weight.

Despite other users said they never had any relevant problem with itay (and they were the majority), despite other user said that the same delays happened with other countries, despite he said the problem is just a matter of delay, he just had to google or make a research on Ebay and he was happy to know that evil comes from Italy only. He looked so happy when he saw so many sellers writing the same banner (most of times copied and reproduced blindly) The rest doesn't count. As I said, this is a typical prejudice which grows up with 2-3 negative evidences and doesn't decrease despite many other positive evidences. He looked so happy when he got confiorm by few but he said absolutely nothing when many others denied the problem.
Despite receiving many positive experiences from other customers (that was the purpose of this thread) he didn't change his mind about Italy and he proudly put it in the list of unsafe countries with capital letters.
Like positive experiences do not count. But 2-3 negative experience make the difference with other countries.
This is thinking by prejudices and never give up in thinking this way. The world won't goes on on a good path if people will always think like that and will never start to review their mind. And there always be will wars and hate because we'll never stop thinking - despite any real evidences - that italians will always be evil, muslim will always be evil, turkish will always be evil, sirians will always be evil. We need to create enemies in order to feel ourselves better. In any case, despite any real confrontation with reality.
I should ban 90% of countries if I start thinking that way. Because I received delayed parcels from many countries. And there's no need to be a genius to surf internet and see this happen in any other country, from any other country to another country. Even between France and UK, USA and Germany, Denmark and Canada. So don't tell me that this happen only with Italy. Let's not use and handle information for our personal purpose only.

For example, when I read this thing written by him:

"So is this means the MASS CONFUSION got bootlegged by the Russian mafia? I need to know before engaging into re-release talk with the band..."

"Ah ok, I only asked about MASS CONFUSION coz to my experience when a Russian dealer buy/sells mega-rare CDs, it is usually done so they can rip and bootleg them. That's why I asked"

Seriously, I feel like this guy likes to label whole population/cultures different than his with such adjectives like "sluggish crap", "mafia"....and he likes to generalize because it's obvious that russian dealers - to his experience - are only in here for bootlegging to live.

We like to generalize and throw easy shit over enemies. Expecially if they come from the 3rd world or rogue states.
And his experience - once again - looks like it must become the whole state's experience. No matter if other americans had different (and positive) experiences. His should be the voice of the whole country.

So it makes me laugh when I read about mutual trust and mutual respect. It seems it's one way only and limited to very strict and unremovable conditions: a list of clearly stated unsafe places doesn't look to me as a sign of mutual respect and trust but, on the contrary, a sign of prejudice.

Then others just sumped on the winner's car screaming that "Yes, you're right, me too, me too I always have troubles with Italy, you're right"

The world is made by people. And evil people are everywhere. Not only in Italy. But our customers seem to make a nice living stealing and robbing everything coming from the 1st world, according to what I read here. Would be nice to receive more detailed datas (how many times, percentages, similar experiences with other countries...) but it seems they never come. And I would like to compare them with other countries to see how big is the difference. But datas never come. Only generic and difficult to prove hysteric complaints.
I have a list of dozens of rip off sellers from USA too, but I never said USA is a rogue state because there are so many rip off. I know competition, business and making money is the base of american culture, so it's easy to steal one's money and just disappear, but I want to believe there are both bad people and good people and I can not generalize.

But you can always come to Italy and make a good living you too, it seems so easy....expecially if you work in the postal service.

So, as you can see I accepted to pay 35 US$ for 7 CDs

But I kindly ask you to change the title of this thread. As you realized it's a bit hars and you wrote it in a particular situation, you should stick to your disclaimer:

"STORMSPELL IS INDEPENDENT DISTRO TENDING TO TRUE DEDICATED FANS AND BASED ON MUTUAL TRUST AND RESPECT"
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Dude, you write too much :lol: ... and taking this matter too seriously, like a crusade or something. I don't even know why I've read all your posts (they are basicly the same concept repeated over and over). So most people of the world has prejudices, wow, big discovery. I didn't know it.

Avenger had to ignite this thread again, great. For all the people involved in this matter, I have something to tell you: cut it out. It's useless. We can go on and on arguing forever and ever, but in the end nobody will agree on anything.
In my case, and, in general, for USA distros that send big packages to Italy, I kinda figured out what happen, I've made deep investigations on this matter (heck, I even sacrificed 105$ for this purpose) and I came to some conclusions which have been verified by third parties too.

In the end, please don't put me in the middle anymore because I don't like it, if I didn't write in this thread anymore there was a reason. And, btw, Mr. Jnfernal, I see you are still pissed off for Arbitrater, ok, nice.
I'll tell you what: once (early last year) I sold a Disciples Power cd (the second one on Fringe) for 50 bucks, buy it now. After 2 weeks I saw a copy on ebay, open auction, and it got 180-200$, and after that also some other copies, about same price (probably in the middle of them there was the same copy I sold). Do you think I was angry with the buyer ? That maybe I asked him something or spread crap about him ?

Regards
Last edited by Helstar on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

jnfernal,

Dude, I really dont have the time to read your postings man. I'll just respond based on the first two paragraphs:

Post #1: Actual EMS shipping cost is $44.95 - this is what USPS charges me, and believe me, I hate it too! When I charge $35 I'm already giving $10 discount, and when the order has 17 CDs or more I give $20 discount and only charge $25. It is not like I'm making any profit on this, to the contrary.

Post #2: I'm sorry but your assumptions are not true. When Helstar talked me into shipping a regular mail package to him the register/EMS shipping on Italy was already in place.

I've enforced the requirement back in January 2012 when within a month I had 5 (FIVE) PayPal claims from Italian customers. I ended up losing a total of $750+ in that ordeal. I'm certain at least some of those orders arrived later, but none of the people bothered to reverse the claims, so that was the end of it. I need the sales and I'd love to ship for cheap and have more customers coming to me, but I'm not a rich guy and I simply cannot afford to do that.

IF Swedish buyers start opening claims for slow packages, I WILL enforce the same shipping rules. The thing is, post to Germany have been very slow too, sometimes taking 8+ weeks. Yet no German buyer have freaked out and opened a claim as Italians (and some Greeks) have done. I'm not making any conclusions here, just telling you the facts I've experienced first-hand myself, not seen on Ebay or told by someone else.

There are no cultural reasons dude, I'm a Bulgarian, and Bulgaria Is on the expense shipping list. Not because I hate my compatriots, but simply because I know how corrupted and haphazard the postal system is. We haev a saying "looking for a calf under the bull" - I think you are doing just like that here. I love pizza, spaghetti, formula 1, soccer (although I do not like Catenaccio ;) and even Italo-Disco, and I can assure you it is nothing personal. I'm just trying to keep the label alive. That's it.
Last edited by Stormspell on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Dear Mr. Helstar....if Italy is in the black list of Stormspell it's because of you, don't forget it, so it's quite obvious that many can not pay for your obsessions.

I am pissed off because I can't read other saying "Helstar thinks you don't want to send the CD to him" even when I gave you the tracking number...if you're paranoid it's not my fault, just relax your nerves and give your obsession a stop.

2) You fucked me up blocking the CD and being nice and friendly, making me wait weeks and weeks. Ok, you made a good business but you could stop it there and disappear from me once you realized you made a 400+ US$ profit. And the fact that you sold your copy the same day you received mine is a clear demonstration of how shitty a greedy collector can be. Ok, my fault, I was an idiot to sell for such a cheap price. But I felt disgusted on the job you did on me for days and days, trying to be funny, nice, easy going...typical southern attitude when you want to fuck somebody. And you know what I mean. Your example means nothing to me, we're talking about a fraud of 400+ US$, not 150 as in your case

3) When I sold another CD you were the first to write me and - using the same tactic - you said you don't know the band, you just listened to them a few minutes before and you just wanted to offer me ridicolous shit in trade. I wrote you a price and you offerend me stuff that do not even worth 2 euros to me. Maybe you thought you could fuck me once again. I didn't reply to you as I don't want to waste my time with losers like you.

4) I havent' forgot that I still have a scratchy, shitty and bootleg copy of the Messiah Force CD you sent to me in change of an original rare CD, the first time you dealt with me and my brother a few years ago. Ok we were beginners but it's not nice to give a shitty and scratchy CD to a newcomer in change of an original and apparentely rare CD. I don't forget. From that moment on I always thought: "Francesco, be careful as this is a real fucker" and fortunately I was right as you did it once again with Arbitrater (easy to say: "You're still pissed off, nice" without any excuse or any "sorry"...you forget, I should forget. Easy. Expecially for you)

No, I never trusted you and your methods, I don't like your approach nor your way to be funny in order to get favours and discounts. You know in Italy we have two words, "terrone" and "lecchino" to describe this kind of people. And they totally fit you.
"Rosicatebelli"...you cum when you have some CDs other don't have, do you? And you get an orgasm when you know other would kill to have the same CD you have, isn't it? That's the meaning of your nickname and it perfectly fits a deviated mind like yours.

And if you don't like how I write, nobody forces you to read. Did I force you? No, so don't bother me anymore and simply don't even send me mail to offer ridicolous CDs in change of rare stuff, don't even dare to write cummy and orgasmic email asking if I checked my collection, saying that "collectors now need this and that". I am here for listening to music, not for collecting and reselling at disgustng prices CDs just because this label or that label are in fashion among collectors now. Just disappear from my life.

And don't forget that if Stormspell put Italy in the unsafe places it's because all the shit and troubles you gave to him.

So, mr. "wow big discovery" don't bother me. I never liked you since the first time you obsessively wrote to me dozen of times per day asking and cumming on each title I told you I have in my collection. Stop and don't bother my balls, scum.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

And now I can even say goodbye to this forum. Disgusted by how many idiot things I read about Italy and disgusted by people like you.

Goodbye, my life goes on. There's a world outside and it's not made only of collector's cds and prejudices about this or that country.

Don't delete my account. I'll do it by myself.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

jnfernal wrote:But I kindly ask you to change the title of this thread. As you realized it's a bit hars and you wrote it in a particular situation.
Done
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

jnfernal wrote:And now I can even say goodbye to this forum. Disgusted by how many idiot things I read about Italy and disgusted by people like you.

Goodbye, my life goes on. There's a world outside and it's not made only of collector's cds and prejudices about this or that country.

Don't delete my account. I'll do it by myself.
Ok fine. Your order has been cancelled and refunded. Good luck wherever life takes you
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

jnfernal wrote:Dear Mr. Helstar....if Italy is in the black list of Stormspell it's because of you, don't forget it, so it's quite obvious that many can not pay for your obsessions.
Are you blind or what ? Stormspell (and also Shadow Kingdom, Divebomb etc.) had Italy and some other countries blocked ALREADY when I made my order (which was made exactly to test these problems myself).
Blocked exactly since ONE YEAR - block: January 2012 - order: January 2013.
Instead of writing endless posts over and over, learn to read once in a while.
I am pissed off because I can't read other saying "Helstar thinks you don't want to send the CD to him" even when I gave you the tracking number
If you refer to the post that I did in the very same thread when I wrote "I still have to receive the Jnfernal copy, when/if I get it", that was before you sent me the tracking code and AFTER some people asked you to delete the order so you could sell the cd to them :roll:
Ok, my fault, I was an idiot to sell for such a cheap price.
That's pretty sums it up for me too when I sold that Disciples of Power (and other cds previously too, such as Sanctuary live promo, etc.).
Oh, and if it wasn't me, somebody else would have bought that Arbitrater anyway. And then, later, when you'd discover its real value the result would have been the same. I assume you would have insulted whoever bought the cd in the same manner, right ?
Ok, you allowed me a chance to obtain in trade of it one of my top wants and I thank you for that, sadly the trade didn't work, but hey, that's how the world goes and I accept it. Do you ?
3) When I sold another CD you were the first to write me and - using the same tactic - you said you don't know the band, you just listened to them a few minutes before and you just wanted to offer me ridicolous shit in trade. I wrote you a price and you offerend me stuff that do not even worth 2 euros to me. Maybe you thought you could fuck me once again. I didn't reply to you as I don't want to waste my time with losers like you.
This is about Silenxce "Search For Distant Lights...", right ? I didn't know that cd until you opened that thread, I'm not lying. And no, it doesn't worth 80 euro like you asked, sorry.
A 9.38 euro auction ( http://www.ebay.de/itm/360690837007 ) showed it clearly and you replied that it was a fake auction ... *facepalm*
A more recent auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/161076844757 - notice how the starting price was 25 euro and it got 1 bid only.
My trade list had even pricey stuff in it (up to 80$), but you know nothing about values so... what can I do ^^ ? Give you 80 euro, yes ok, I know :lol:
I'm quite sure you bought those 5 copies 79 euro each one and made only 1x5 euro out of them :)
4) I havent' forgot that I still have a scratchy, shitty and bootleg copy of the Messiah Force CD you sent to me in change of an original rare CD, the first time you dealt with me and my brother a few years ago. Ok we were beginners but it's not nice to give a shitty and scratchy CD to a newcomer in change of an original and apparentely rare CD. I don't forget. From that moment on I always thought: "Francesco, be careful as this is a real fucker" and fortunately I was right as you did it once again with Arbitrater (easy to say: "You're still pissed off, nice" without any excuse or any "sorry"...you forget, I should forget. Easy. Expecially for you)
You know, Francesco, I've always respected you ... until now. Not anymore. These are outrageous lies. Shame on you. I made the trade with your brother in 2003 (we still used ICQ back then !), tell me how that Messiah Force could be a bootleg since I'm sure it was replicated years later ?
And this is an email I got from you in 2010 ... it's almost funny to read that YOU got rid of the original for a crappy scratched bootleg ... on purpose ! :lol:

"From: francesco tattini <jnfernal@*******.com>
To: <helstar@*******.it>
Subject: RE: Ola
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:47:12 +0000

Ciao
allora, guarda il CD dei Doom sembra che ce l'abbiano solo alla Disk Union...ho provato a scrivergli per sentire se è ancora disponibile perchè comunque sembra che ce l'abbiano solo li. Ora sentirò anche una mia amica giapponese se può telefonargli o chiamarli o scrivere una mail.

No, su Aaargh avevo anche un altro CD ma non mi ricordo chi...lo trovai a 4 euro a un mercatino dell'usato a gennaio...ma non mi ricordo proprio chi, oggi non c'ho la testa per pensare

gli A.R.G. sono tenuti malino sia cd che libretto, li ho presi da un mio amico che notoriamente tratta i cd da schifo, ci sono anche righe e segni di coca e droghe varie, per dire....è uno dei pochi cd che ho tenuti in brutte condizioni ma d'altra parte non ho trovato di meglio

per i cd New Renaissance e altra roba...beh visto che tanto in questi giorni non ho da fare niente, posso mettere un pò in ordine la collezione almeno guardo cosa spunta fuori, ma non penso grandi cose.
C'avevo i Messiah Force l'originale e l'ho dato via in cambio del bootleg + altro cd, poi...mmm...raro raro, che sto guardando ora così, vedo il CD degli Hazy Hill turchi che è assolutamente introvabile o....mmm diversa roba su Reborn Classic o....boh....edizioni giapponesi di Lion, Lionheart o Limelight (toh questi sono stranamente in ordine alfabetico, ma forse perchè sono tutti e 3 cd giapponesi)...devo controllare per bene, lo farò domani perchè adesso vo a dormire, sono stanco morto, ho corso e non mi reggo ritto.

comunque, alla Disk Union il CD dei Doom ce l'hanno...se mi rispondono e dicono che c'è ancora, penso che non ci siano problemi! al massimo sento la mia amica giapponese se riesce a procurarmelo da qualche parte...sperando che non sia straesaurito!

f
"

(translation: yes, he said me that he traded the original Messiah Force cd for the bootleg + another cd).
And, by the way, I got that Hirax cd in trade ... with a nice cut on the front cover. A cut which I didn't notice back when I received it (it's not big), only some months later ^^;
But I didn't say anything, because it was my blame not noticing it before and possibly your brother didn't notice it either. But no problem, I keep cds with cuts or punch/drill holes, have plenty of them (you remember Sweet Music and Top Ten here in Italy, right ? :) ). This doesn't change the fact that one trader should inform the other about their presence prior to the trade.
That's the meaning of your nickname and it perfectly fits a deviated mind like yours.
It's exactly what it means, and it's dedicated to all the people (not many luckily) that in these years have bothered me in a way or another for this crazy 'war' called collecting (FYI I don't see myself as a collector).
Oh, and thanks for all the lovely insults. Identify you exactly as the person you are.
I checked my collection, saying that "collectors now need this and that".
This is turning facts the opposite way they are. And as already showed for the Messiah Force boot, you are a master in this.
You asked me to suggest which cds are valuable so you could sell them and get more money for your travels, I was merely trying to help you ... giving you hints on what cds to list. Nice going, nice lying ...

Goodbye Mr. Francesco, I cannot say it was really a pleasure to know you.
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

I don't think the problem is the italian post. It's the italian customs !
Big parcels may take more time.

I had a new record last time ! A CD sent from Switzerland to Italy took only 2 days !
OK from Geneva to Milano area it's only 300 km.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Nightcrawler wrote:
Avenger wrote: I sent 3 packages to Germany in August by Airmail and they all arrived in 5-8 days. I don't see why it's different for say Sweden.
Was this always that fast?
I used to order many packages from Canada and the USA through the years, and they always arrived in about 3-4 weeks...It was also this August that I ordered a LP from the USA and it arrived in just 8 days, though the postage rate was 20$, as always...
Are you located in Germany as well?

The USPS is extremely inconsistent. Packages from say New York or Chicago will be delivered to me in a week sometimes and from other cities like Los Angeles I'm waiting more then 3 weeks and Canada is right next door... So I really have no idea about the USPS.

However, packages from Canada to Germany or vice versa are normally delivered in a week or depending on the day of shipment a couple extra days since there is no mail delivery or pick up to and from post offices and addresses on weekends here.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."