Opinions on shipping from USA to Italy

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Ok now you have crossed the line. I've let you write everything you wanted (smart move to open a thread out of the blue and fill the first post with a lot of bullshits so to gain an advantage, and this wasn't even supposed to be a dispute ^^; !), because we both know the truth, and I already told you I wasn't gonna write anything until the end of the month.

You have omitted a lot of important details, but nevermind. I was expecting this. But to modify facts in this way so just it appears you're in the 100% right side is something I cannot accept.

I will only say a couple of things, the rest will come at the end of the month (when, presumably, the package will be here):

1) I never accused Mr.Stormspell of anything. If somebody wants to read the emails we exchanged yesterday, I'll gladly provide them privately (WITHOUT ANY KIND OF MODIFICATIONS). If any, I was trying to HELP him finding how come his packages sent to Italy AND GERMANY (yes, he also said Germany post sucks now too, strange he didn't add it in the thread title :roll:) are generally slower. For him it's normal like this, but compared to my history of packages (about an hundred) received from USA since the end of 2009 and a very similar one (about same number of cds and type of shipping - this was all part of my "experiment") sent 2 days after his one from Indiana (and already here since last month) it is not. Btw, I never said "Italy post is awesome". That's totally his invention.

2) Mr.Stormspell forgot to tell that I willingly choosed to pay the money on paypal as a GIFT just to show him I'm not one of those thieves who open paypal disputes in the 45th day in order to steal the cds AND the money. And I also told him since the first moment he could keep that money (over 100$) in any case (cds here or not), just as a personal contribution for the label (seriously !).

3) Stalked you ? This is what actually triggered this post :lol: do you even know what does that really mean ? This is a really ... heavy accusation ! :P

Good day.
Last edited by Helstar on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

When you request a package to be shipped at your at your own risk, it means just that, and doesn't void, change, or becomes arguable dispute when the package doesn't arrive - to the contrary.

Whether you act directly, or pile my mailbox with 15 passively-aggressive e-mails bemoaning your loss, making suggestions how to improve my services, question my integrity, and generously "donate" the payment post-factum (nice touch, this one), I take it all as accusations, and act accordingly. That's all.

P.S. Recent German customs delays was mentioned as an example to show you that even the best postal services in the world can have problems sometimes. It has nothing to do with this topic. This thread is about people who fail to take responsibility for their own decisions, but I guess this will forever be lost on you...
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

GandALF wrote:This thread is about people who fail to take responsibility for their own decisions
GandALF wrote:This post is to figure if the problem is only with my packages
Wasn't this supposed to be a "general postal problems thread", not aimed specifically on me ? :lol:

You haven't yet understood exactly what was my purpose, the experiment of the two packages, or even about the emails, they were never for the "oh no I've lost the money", I never accused you of being "guilty" of something. Maybe you've made up your mind like that when I was asking if the LK type of shipping is cheaper/slower than the LC, but you said it's exactly the same, so... that was another closed matter (but you still had to open this thread and throw shit over me, I see).
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I understood exactly what your purpose is from the start, and I'm not playing this game anymore, sorry. You will have to find another subject for your "experiments"
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Bah, most of the times your attitude is like this, killing any attempt of having an open, constructive chat. Whatever anyway :roll:
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

I think for the sake of not starting a war, let's close this thread.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Fair enough. Input on italian postal services is still welcome, however further comments on stormspell's or helstar's integrity/reliability/whatever will result in the closing of this thread.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

I sell a lot of items on ebay, and usually have trouble with Italian buyers opening up Paypal cases against me for items not received. Italian post seems to be very troublesome.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I purchased an item on ebay from an italian seller recently and have now been waiting over 5 weeks for it to arrive. I'm starting to lose hope.

I will update when this is finalized.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Still no sign of the package. Fortunately, the problem was solved with the help of Helstar who knows the seller. I will update again if the package does arrive but I have my doubts after waiting this long. I would say the Italian Post is very inconsistent.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
wom

Post by wom »

got a package from Helstar and then another one from a random Italian seller that i ve never met before.

Both arrived, within 1 week. Bah
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

99 procent of the times I send packages outside of Sweden I send them registered insured. I have sent alot of packages to Italy through the years and all of them has arrived safely within a few days!
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

wom wrote:got a package from Helstar and then another one from a random Italian seller that i ve never met before.

Both arrived, within 1 week. Bah
Did they have to travel over seas?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I sent a package to Italy on July 10th (Airmail) and it arrived today (Sept 3rd). Nearly 2 months.

:lol:
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

I never had problems with Italian post in terms of lost packages, just once some LPs arrived damaged but it was due to bad packaging from the seller...
But I'm quite confused with the postage rates, as I have never seen such big variations. It seems like every seller has his own rates. I have seen international shipping costs for 1 LP from 4,50€ up to 15€....Even domestic shipping does not differ much from international with 1 LP costing 10€ :?