Do you know Carlos Cortez from Argentina?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
jnfernal

Do you know Carlos Cortez from Argentina?

Post by jnfernal »

This guy, who's running Southern Hellish label (or distro) ripped me off of a lot of rare stuff I found for him in Turkey and in Italy

We traded one year ago and everything went fine

Then last autumn he asked me to find some rare stuff from Turkey + I asked my father to send some stuff from Italy + when I went to Iran I asked my local friend in Istanbul to send him some additional turkish delight

Moreover he asked me to send 2 covers because he claimed there were no covers from a couples of CD I sent to him (and that looks very strange)

3 months and never received anything from him in exchange. At first he said he would send on december, then on december he said he would send by the end of january because he was too busy with trades (!) and now he simply doesn't reply to my email.....

If you know this bastard, just avoid him

I wonder why there are such frustrated/impotent gays in the world...what's fun in ripping off people?

Carlos Cortez from Argentina: southernhellish@hotmail.com
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

He's kinda weird. Very reliable some times, but I've also heard about people getting ripped off for large amounts of material by him. I'll try to talk to some people who actually know him and see if I can do something about your problem.
MetalizeR

Post by MetalizeR »

I meet Carlos in his last visit here... is one of the veterans in this things, but yes some people say such of words of him.
One friend are waiting a pack from him too.. I think the guy is out of money.
pd.- The incubus digipack is coming, wait for my mail.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

thanx to both and I am waiting for good news about the Incubus CD (do you wanna trade with some stuff frm Thailand I posted in the "Take it or leave it" section?)

As for Carlos Cortez...still no answer despite many emails....you know, 100+ euro more are a lot of money once you travel in Asia and I can count only on the money I can make along the way. And when there is a big loss, it's a problem because I must work hard at least one month to get back that amount...

but if you have a chance to get in touch with him, please remind him that he still owe me a lot of stuff....

thanx for help... :)
Parcas Sangrientas

Post by Parcas Sangrientas »

Carlos Cortez lives in Argentina,but is peruvian.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Parcas Sangrientas wrote:Carlos Cortez lives in Argentina,but is peruvian.
And what does that have to do with anything?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Cochino wrote:
Parcas Sangrientas wrote:Carlos Cortez lives in Argentina,but is peruvian.
And what does that have to do with anything?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Parcas Sangrientas

My answer adds information to Infernal.
Is there a problem with that..?
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I don't see how knowing his place of birth will help him to get any of his material back.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Cochino wrote:I don't see how knowing his place of birth will help him to get any of his material back.
Exactly.

He lives in argentina. Why does it matter that he is peruvian?
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Parcas Sangrientas

Cochino wrote:I don't see how knowing his place of birth will help him to get any of his material back.
I never talk about aid,mine is just information :)
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Well, that information is totally irrelevant, and not only that, it hints towards xenophobia. So, if you don't have relevant info about this case, do not post here and much less comments like that, that could start totally unnecessary shitstorm.
MetalizeR

Post by MetalizeR »

He say that he have bolivian roots.. nothing to do with Peru.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Ok, is there a bolivian corroseum member now ?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I'm locking this thread since there seems to be a bigger problem with the race/origin of said Carlos Cortez rather then the fact that he apparently ripped off jnfernal. For the last time, his racial background has nothing to do with where he is currently living and what has happened. This is bordering on some sort of South American racism, which is counter-productive in all aspects to this thread and forum. Any further relevant information about the issue can be discussed amongst yourselves through PM. /Mod