a question to American folks about shipping

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

Avenger wrote:
Northwinds wrote:
Avenger wrote:Iordan has said in the past that Registered Mail in the US is pointless because the USPS ships registered packages in the same containers as regular mail and therefore because it's all mixed in the same bins they cannot be scanned into the system. Sounds like a scam for the additional registration cost to me.
This is not true. All Registered Mail goes into a locked bag
Well, you can ask him about this then.
Refer to sections 5.2 through 5.2 3b. There is even an image showing a locked Registered Mail bag and all the procedures for handling Registered items

http://www.nalc.org/depart/cau/pdf/manuals/dm901.pdf
humus

Post by humus »

Over here it's also not the procedure to leave mail in front of the doorstep. Yet why have I found several packages there when I got home? People will always take the short-cut.
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

humus wrote:Over here it's also not the procedure to leave mail in front of the doorstep. Yet why have I found several packages there when I got home? People will always take the short-cut.
I hate when FedEx and UPS do this with $3000+ Gibson Les Paul's
Lama

Post by Lama »

humus wrote:Over here it's also not the procedure to leave mail in front of the doorstep. Yet why have I found several packages there when I got home? People will always take the short-cut.
Trust me humus, I never do that.

But if I was your postman, not one package will be delivered hahaaaaa... :twisted: :twisted:
Kampel Destruction
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Northwinds wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Northwinds wrote:
This is not true. All Registered Mail goes into a locked bag
Well, you can ask him about this then.
Refer to sections 5.2 through 5.2 3b. There is even an image showing a locked Registered Mail bag and all the procedures for handling Registered items

http://www.nalc.org/depart/cau/pdf/manuals/dm901.pdf
Maybe in 2004 when this manual was created this was the proper procedure, but not anymore. I've spoken to my local postal office manager when USPS managed to lose a registered package to Mexico and could not "track" it, and she grudgingly admitted they do not keep the registered mail in the locker anymore. I don't know the exact reason for this, but apparently everything goes in the regular bag nowadays.

I wish USPS would drop the idiotic packaging requirements and just slap the registered sticker to all packages as it is in Europe.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

The package RA222907234RU is displayed as "Item Delivered" on USPS tracking site https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action

Like I've been saying from the beginning - the story about USPS changing any foreign registration numbers is bollocks.
Igor

Post by Igor »

Holy Shit! Thats a news!
and that bastard opened a case against me at egay...demanding the refund...
No damn comment!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Does anyone else get tired of being right all the time? :wink:

/case closed
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

Igor wrote:Holy Shit! Thats a news!
and that bastard opened a case against me at egay...demanding the refund...
No damn comment!
Did he open the case before delivery? Looks like it was delivered just yesterday. Either way you should be in the clear, send PayPal the tracking info showing proof of delivery
Igor

Post by Igor »

. Either way you should be in the clear, send PayPal the tracking info showing proof of delivery[/quote]

Hope you aint kidding? I always leave the tracking # after the shipment. And that guy was informed from the very beginnning...He didnt move his ass to phone/visit his post office, he was just complaining/crying accusing me.
Thats a thing, :twisted:
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Ebay will notify you on your "Purchases" page that you still haven't left feedback for a certain item, and tells you that "If there was a problem with this transaction, please go to the resolution center before XX date". Now, since this item took longer than expected to arrive, the buyer probably opened a case because the date XX above was getting close, before it actually arrived. Just respond to the case and say that item has been delivered, and supply the shipping ID. If the buyer still escalates the case, I really can't see how he can win.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Khnud wrote:Ebay will notify you on your "Purchases" page that you still haven't left feedback for a certain item, and tells you that "If there was a problem with this transaction, please go to the resolution center before XX date". Now, since this item took longer than expected to arrive, the buyer probably opened a case because the date XX above was getting close, before it actually arrived. Just respond to the case and say that item has been delivered, and supply the shipping ID. If the buyer still escalates the case, I really can't see how he can win.
This is true. The Tracking Number confirms that it was delivered to the recipients address. If you provide this information in the dispute paypal will automatically decide in your favour when they review the case.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."