a question to American folks about shipping

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

mordred wrote:Every country on the planet seems to be able to deliver packages sent from Russia except the US but yet the Americans blame the Russian postal system. :lol:
I'll take that with a grain of salt. The Russian Postal Service has been under fire for many years, by their own citizens

http://rt.com/news/prime-time/russian-p ... cklog-922/

Got an answer for that? I am sure the seller could walk to Sweden in less then a week to ensure delivery :lol:
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Russian post http://www.russianpost.ru/rp/servise/en ... trackingpo accepts RA222907234RU just fine, showing that the package left Russia on Dec. 9th. The suffix RU shows it's a package from Russia, the prefix letters can be any combination.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

Khnud wrote:Russian post http://www.russianpost.ru accepts RA222907234RU just fine, showing that the package left Russia on Dec. 9th. The suffix RU shows it's a package from Russia, the prefix letters can be any combination.
What did you use for the barcode number? When I tried, you had to input two seperate numbers, the actual RA222907234RU plus a barcode number

Bar code:
Please enter the bar code
Enter the code:
Sorry, invalid code. Please, try again.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Northwinds wrote:
mordred wrote:Every country on the planet seems to be able to deliver packages sent from Russia except the US but yet the Americans blame the Russian postal system. :lol:
I'll take that with a grain of salt. The Russian Postal Service has been under fire for many years, by their own citizens

http://rt.com/news/prime-time/russian-p ... cklog-922/

Got an answer for that? I am sure the seller could walk to Sweden in less then a week to ensure delivery :lol:
Just sayin'... the tracking number was perfectly traceable on the Russian Postal website. if the destination country had been Sweden it would have been traceable on the online service of the Swedish post as well but the US postal service don't seem to provide that service. The package evidently left Russia a month ago and there would be nowhere for it to go except the US so the question is why the USPS hasn't delivered it or can't track it. That being said it would also help if the Russian Post provided tracking of the shipment also after it left the country.
Northwinds wrote:What did you use for the barcode number? When I tried, you had to input two seperate numbers, the actual RA222907234RU plus a barcode number

Bar code:
Please enter the bar code
Enter the code:
Sorry, invalid code. Please, try again.
The barcode is the tracking number. The other code field is for the numbers you're supposed to enter to show you're human.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Troma

Post by Troma »

mordred wrote: The barcode is the tracking number. The other code field is for the numbers you're supposed to enter to show you're human.
:lol:
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

I enter the "human" code and it does not work, tried 5 times with 5 different given numbers. Oh well, hope he gets his package back
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I have to agree with mordred here. I've never had issues receiving packages from russia and they take no longer to arrive then 3 weeks.
mordred wrote:That being said it would also help if the Russian Post provided tracking of the shipment also after it left the country.
This is true and I also touched on this a little bit earlier. Although, I cannot blame russia specifically for this issue as it seems to be a problem with nearly all postal websites. The tracking information is simply not updated after the package leaves the country or updates are quite delayed (normally after the package has already been delivered) so it's not of much use and you end up having to use the destination counties website.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

As far as I've heard, USPS have problems with tracking numbers as well. Lots of ebay sellers are complaining on other forums that even though they ship registered, the tracking ID's don't show up on USPS.gov because the employees at the post offices are too lazy/stressed to actually type in the IDs in the databse.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Northwinds wrote:I enter the "human" code and it does not work, tried 5 times with 5 different given numbers. Oh well, hope he gets his package back
Be sure to remove the last space when typing in the "bar code" if you use copy/paste.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

Khnud wrote:As far as I've heard, USPS have problems with tracking numbers as well. Lots of ebay sellers are complaining on other forums that even though they ship registered, the tracking ID's don't show up on USPS.gov because the employees at the post offices are too lazy/stressed to actually type in the IDs in the databse.
There is some truth to this but I have only experienced a few instances and that was with Delivery Confirmation numbers only. It also has nothing to do with typing in numbers since they are barcode scanned at the receiving point, there is no typing involved. The problem is more with the main hubs (Springfield, MA is the worse). Since they started closing post offices and some main distribution centers, all the extra mail is processed by fewer facilities

Regarding the Registered Mail numbers... once it leaves the Country, USPS has no way to track numbers that have been changed to conform to the destination countries system. I think this is stupid but it is what it is
Igor

Post by Igor »

as for experience I got throughout some years,,,
I can see my parcels/packages tracking/travelling out of Russia in all Scandinavia, Western Europe, Japan, South Amerian countries, even South Africa, but not USA
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Igor wrote:as for experience I got throughout some years,,,
I can see my parcels/packages tracking/travelling out of Russia in all Scandinavia, Western Europe, Japan, South Amerian countries, even South Africa, but not USA
I bet it is a form of retaliation to that Russian adoption ban on the US. ;-)
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Iordan has said in the past that Registered Mail in the US is pointless because the USPS ships registered packages in the same containers as regular mail and therefore because it's all mixed in the same bins they cannot be scanned into the system. Sounds like a scam for the additional registration cost to me.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

Avenger wrote:Iordan has said in the past that Registered Mail in the US is pointless because the USPS ships registered packages in the same containers as regular mail and therefore because it's all mixed in the same bins they cannot be scanned into the system. Sounds like a scam for the additional registration cost to me.
This is not true. All Registered Mail goes into a locked bag
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Northwinds wrote:
Avenger wrote:Iordan has said in the past that Registered Mail in the US is pointless because the USPS ships registered packages in the same containers as regular mail and therefore because it's all mixed in the same bins they cannot be scanned into the system. Sounds like a scam for the additional registration cost to me.
This is not true. All Registered Mail goes into a locked bag
Well, you can ask him about this then.