Recent Metal Finds (2013)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
MetalDelight

Post by MetalDelight »

Yakish wrote:Good finds! Some nice 7 iches (Sinister, Ceremony and Brain Implosion) and of course one of my favourite thrash albums - Messina CD.
Yep, thank you!
Messina is awesome. I have a copy up for trade or sale ;-)
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Ok, then here's some of my recent purchases. Some of them were looooooong awaited:
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

So, what do you think, that Dark Angel cd is really from 1985 ? Or is it a promo version of the later 90s press ? If it's not a promo I wonder why they didn't make the booklet anyway ...
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Some cool finds there ...

I have that DA CD and I'd say it's from surely from the 80s, it looks like your regular old UOF disc.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Actually i don't believe it's a 1985 press. I think it may be late 80's - early 90's press. Anyway WHY Axe Killer pressed only one cd from their catalogue back in old days??? This label started to press CDs on regular basis in 1998 if i am correct, but only this one Dark Angel debut without front cover made separately many years before. Very strange.
What about absence of booklet i think it's very banal reason. As we all know some old first generation "picture" CDs came out without front cover just because picture from it was printed on CD face. For example this Kingdom CD from my picture AFAIK also was released with and without front cover, and Destruction 2 in 1 probably. Reason? Just for economy i guess.
LaGouille

Post by LaGouille »

Axe Killer went out of business in 1987, back to business in 1997. They never pressed any CD before 1997.
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

Logically this point of view has sense, but then what is this? http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=4776868
LaGouille

Post by LaGouille »

It looks great and "oldschool" but again Axe Killer went out of business between 1987 and 1997 (a fact not my point of view), so it can't have been released by AK back then. I guess it's either a boot or more likely a promo AK pressed for their 1997 re-release.
I got the H-Bomb promo CDs AK released at that time and they also came in a jewel case with back insert and no booklet. AK was not the only label to send out this kind of promo CD's with no booklet. Noise did that as well when they started reissuing their old catalogue (Celtic Frost, etc.).
Yakish

Post by Yakish »

OK. I would be VERY grateful for a scan or quality photo of your H-Bomb promo CD! CD face and playing side with matrix area. No matter how as post here or send me via PM. I still have serious doubts that matrix codes in second half of 90's could looks like this and had any IFPI codes on it.
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

10 first lps of 2014 :

All original 1st press except for Hammerheart which is the italian double lp bootleg from 1991, i haven't much infos about it...
Costed between 10 (for Coroner) and 30 euros (Mutilator), zombie dwarf was a christmas gift.
Ryür

Post by Ryür »

Nice finds, I want tha Mutilator!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Ryür wrote:Nice finds, I want tha Mutilator!
Why? They've kicked out their original great singer right before they recorded that album. The demos and Warfare Noise trax are way more brutal and have better vox.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Yes i tend to enjoy more the demos too. Great ugly death Metal. Immortal Force is still a strong and refreshing Thrash Metal album.
LaGouille

Post by LaGouille »

Yakish wrote:OK. I would be VERY grateful for a scan or quality photo of your H-Bomb promo CD! CD face and playing side with matrix area. No matter how as post here or send me via PM. I still have serious doubts that matrix codes in second half of 90's could looks like this and had any IFPI codes on it.
They're long gone, sorry.
On a side note, I'll be unloading my French metal CD's (late 80's - early 90's era) sometime next week. Stay tuned in case you're looking for that kind of rare s**t :)
Ryür

Post by Ryür »

Ok, demos are great (EEEVILLLL CONSPIRACYY!) but Immortal force are in my top 10 sudamerican metal albums, is a pain in the ass to find it here at a good Price.