Recent Metal Finds (2013)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Heathen wrote:bought them at the time the albums were released
Famous last words.

Why didn't you confirm authenticity before buying?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helstar wrote:
thrashidolatry wrote:I got a bargain here :D
http://www.ebay.ch/itm/140902354801?ssP ... 500wt_1414
The price has always been that... the first press is the Cargo btw (I have the Active too anyway) !
They were both released the same year. The only difference is that the North American pressing is on Cargo and the European on Active.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

But, wasn't the Active a "under license of Cargo" press ?

Btw, I just found out that my copy has two identical booklets :o
We're talking about Deception Ignored and Life Beyond, right ... ?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helstar wrote:But, wasn't the Active a "under license of Cargo" press ?
Considering Dyoxen was a Canadian band it only makes sense that they would initially sign to a Canadian label. The label then licensed the rights out to Active for distribution in Europe.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote:
Famous last words.

Isn't asking when he has bought the CDs confirming authenticity? I don't assume the sellers lie on purpose. I got my money through paypal anyway.
Troma

Post by Troma »

Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Famous last words.

Isn't asking when he has bought the CDs confirming authenticity? I don't assume the sellers lie on purpose. I got my money through paypal anyway.
I do it the same way and never had problems so far. Especially when you find bargains you have to act rather quick and can not ask for detailed scan of matrix-code since most amateur sellers also dont know what I'm talking about.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Troma wrote:
Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Famous last words.

I do it the same way and never had problems so far. Especially when you find bargains you have to act rather quick and can not ask for detailed scan of matrix-code since most amateur sellers also dont know what I'm talking about.
I would rather lose out on a possible "bargin" then deal with the hassle of having to fix a problem after the fact. Not to mention, in the end you will lose money if you have to ship the package back registered to prove the seller received it. It's a huge pain in the ass and a waste of time. The saying "If it's too good to be true, it probably is" exists for a reason.
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

finally for a reasonable price :)
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

sagrotan wrote:Image

finally for a reasonable price :)
I see seam split and ringwear. Boo.

Just kidding :) Who cares, great score! Congrats.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

The Knell wrote:
sagrotan wrote:GOTHAM CITY - Black Writs, fucked up ;)
I see seam split and ringwear. Boo.

Just kidding :) Who cares, great score! Congrats.
that, and the record itself was pretty dusty I must say. thinking about returning it for a refund ;)

but thanks! actually it is not that bad. am not that picky with cover conditions as long as they are not ripped in pieces, record is fine.
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

sagrotan wrote:actually it is not that bad. am not that picky with cover conditions as long as they are not ripped in pieces, record is fine.
It looks totally fine IMO. I'd rather get an old record with reasonable age wear for a decent price than an unreal mint old record for a top dollar price.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Dito that! As long as the record plays fine, I can live with some ringwear.

The outer right 7 inch is Rude Pink. Still expecting a few monsters that I was searching for reasonable priced copies since many years. December was a great month ...
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Prowler wrote:Dito that! As long as the record plays fine, I can live with some ringwear.

The outer right 7 inch is Rude Pink. Still expecting a few monsters that I was searching for reasonable priced copies since many years. December was a great month ...
You outbid me at the Mystic Force 12" :lol: (and the Marquis de Sade :( )
Anyway, at least i have the normal one but i need to get the promo 'cause it has a different label.
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

Prowler wrote:Dito that! As long as the record plays fine, I can live with some ringwear.

Nice scores! That Liar is very underrated imo. Much better than their debut and very original!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Nightcrawler wrote: Nice scores! That Liar is very underrated imo. Much better than their debut and very original!
Hm, I don't like that Liar LP that much. It's a bit more proggy than I like it. The debut was more straight, though it is proggy Power/Thrash too. But it wasn't expensive so the purchase won't hurt me.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...