Recent Metal Finds (2013)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

And the rest of them:

E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

damn, your pics always look so tasty, that I end up on Ebay everytime with big hopes...and then leave it disappointed :cry:
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Nightcrawler wrote:damn, your pics always look so tasty, that I end up on Ebay everytime with big hopes...and then leave it disappointed :cry:
Thank you my friend. Just one hint from the above pictures only 4 items were bought through Ebay. It is difficult to find good records at decent prices at Ebay.
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

3 CDs this month:

SLINGBLADE "The unpredicted deeds..." (been a gift - good Female fronted band from Sweden)
METALWOLF "Down to the wire"
RADICAL DREAM s/t (pretty good US Metal from 1991...check this sh*t: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRF4iFhloUs ... 8) )

MW and RD are Retrospect Rec. releases, so I'm not sure if they're boots or not. I was searching for an appropriating proof but all I could find was rumors been posted somewhere on the net.
See the flash of lightning cutting the edge of steel!
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

Nasty Uwe wrote:3 CDs this month:

SLINGBLADE "The unpredicted deeds..." (been a gift - good Female fronted band from Sweden)
METALWOLF "Down to the wire"
RADICAL DREAM s/t (pretty good US Metal from 1991...check this sh*t: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRF4iFhloUs ... 8) )

MW and RD are Retrospect Rec. releases, so I'm not sure if they're boots or not. I was searching for an appropriating proof but all I could find was rumors been posted somewhere on the net.
Are they real CDs? I have heard Restrospect Rec. (used to) release CD-Rs, I don`t know if that`s true.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Retrospect Records CDs are silver, it's all the other CDs like Time Warp, Evil Eye etc, those are CD-Rs.

But I would not support Retrospect in either way due to that very shady side-business. Also it is not certain that all Retrospect label CDs are properly licensed from the copyright owners if I remember correctly.
Grimlord

Post by Grimlord »

Retrospect released CD-Rs too. It's a shady label operated by brothers Sam & Adrian McCaslin. they blocked me from their auctions on ebay cause I left neutral feedback telling them about the CD-R rip off...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Grimlord wrote:Retrospect released CD-Rs too. It's a shady label operated by brothers Sam & Adrian McCaslin. they blocked me from their auctions on ebay cause I left neutral feedback telling them about the CD-R rip off...
Impressive, you learn something new every day...
Grimlord

Post by Grimlord »

and they are responsible for a plethora of counterfeit replica bootleg CD pressings which they claim are 100% original. The plan was to duplicate rare Melodic Rock and Hair Metal CDs for 50 cents apiece in Russia and sell them as originals (even though the matrix numbers look totally fake). As far as I know all of the supposedly "manufactured in Italy" Time Warp CD-Rs are coming from the same place too...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

chatzial wrote: Image
Adamantine is a completely underrated album! Even without a vocalist ... too bad they never added vocals! And Lake Placid, without words!
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

Prowler wrote:And Lake Placid, without words!

I read your review in Metal Page, and managed to find a copy of the album, when I heard all the record I was totally disappointed. I mean there is 2 good tracks in a Hard Rock vein, but the rest is krautrock, but average kraut rock not early Metal. "The brutal power of metallic sounds arranged with epic keyboards mixed in the background of partly outstanding songs guarranteed them a place in the eternal history of the german Heavy Metal pioneers" ahahaaha this phrase is not suited at all to this album.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

White Spirit-Back to the grind 7"
M-16-Locked and Reloaded CD (heaven and hell recs)
Paradoxx-Plan of Attak CD reissue (´cause obviously never in my life I was gonna pay such a stupid quantity for a regular record musically speaking)
Warfield-Conquering the black horde CD
Watain-The Wild Hunt Boxset
Decibel_Rebel

Post by Decibel_Rebel »

I came across a few records recently I've been looking for a longer time:
Masque - The Dead of Night EP
Metal Storm - Outbreak of Evil LP
Pentagram - Livin in a Ram's head 7"
VA - Speed Up - Heavy News CD
Dokken_Uwe

Post by Dokken_Uwe »

Decibel_Rebel wrote: VA - Speed Up - Heavy News CD
Nice scores.
Still need to find a copy myself of this compilation.
See the flash of lightning cutting the edge of steel!