Mirage "Earth Shall..." song lenghts cd vs vinyl

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
mordred

Mirage "Earth Shall..." song lenghts cd vs vinyl

Post by mordred »

I had MIRAGE "And the Earth Shall Crumble" on cd (2002 Karthago edition) since before and recently bought it on vinyl (the 8 song full length version on Metal Masters label).

I noticed the songs play slower on the vinyl than on the cd. First I thought something was wrong with my turntable but I tried a few other records and they all played the correct speed. The songs on the Mirage vinyl however are longer/slower than on the cd edition of the album. For reference I ripped the song "So Many Years Ago" from the vinyl and saw it was just over six seconds longer than the same song on the cd (5 minutes exactly versus 4 minutes 54 seconds).

Does anybody else have access to both versions and can verify this? I'm wondering, is there (very unlikely) something wrong with my vinyl or is the cd simply playing the songs to fast? Did Karthago Records or whoever digitalized the songs transfer them on too high speed or is it another case of a "as was originally intended" reissue?
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Most likely the songs were transferred at the wrong speed (either from band request or from ignorance/incompetence) when they made the CD. This is also the case with the Aspid CD reissue on Stigmartyr vs the vinyl.
Samurai

Post by Samurai »

I just checked both the full length LP version and the MLP. In both cases the track clocks in at 5:00
daniel

Post by daniel »

I played my LP, track was 4:55-6 long, and an MP3 which I don't know where it came from, was 4:52...
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Samurai

Post by Samurai »

According to Torben Deen, the "fast mix" is the work of Karthago ..

Nice observation by the way. I never noticed it.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Thanks for the help and input guys!
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D