The Reissue-anthology Dilemma

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

for me it is. There wee a couple of tracks that didn't click for me, but the rest were solid, some songs being better than the 7" tracks.
The Sentinel wrote: Is the SCARAB anthology really good? I only know those 2 7" tracks which are incredible, but I don't want to buy a reissue where the other tracks suck.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

doomedplanet wrote:for me it is. There wee a couple of tracks that didn't click for me, but the rest were solid, some songs being better than the 7" tracks.
The Sentinel wrote: Is the SCARAB anthology really good? I only know those 2 7" tracks which are incredible, but I don't want to buy a reissue where the other tracks suck.
Yes, there are several tracks who are easily on par with the two songs from the single.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:for me it is. There wee a couple of tracks that didn't click for me, but the rest were solid, some songs being better than the 7" tracks.
Yes, there are several tracks who are easily on par with the two songs from the single.
Agreed, but some tracks aren't all that great either. In all, it is one to have, but not one to totally blow you away.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Thanks, I think I'll snatch this one next time.
Long Live The Loud !!!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Recently got the 2nd pressing of the Tokyo Blade - Genghis Khan Killers 2lp. Now I know why it sold out & had to be repressed. It kills, start to finish. Not a bad song on the whole release.

A recent nice surprise is the DAMIEN - Memorandum 2LP. Love this band and they did a nice job on the presentation, but if you don't like old 80's thrash you won't get excited, since 3/4 of it is thrash. the Aside has the earliest material that is great, but in a more traditional metal style, want to hear the material from the early demos not included.

Big Daisy lp also came out great, cover art isn't what I want but oh well, I would have put it on the insert or back cover and gave it something better..
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

I just wanted to pipe up to proffer a solid thumbs up to the 2-CD SALEM anthology "In The Beginning" which was very impressive to these ears.
Surprised it hadn't been mentioned thus far.
Over two discs there's always gonna be the odd song you skip, but the quality of the songwriting and playing is consistently of a very high standard, and the epic "Keeper Of The Keys" trilogy is a stone cold lost classic.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Salem is really good. I didn't mention them because it has been out for quite some time, I kind of guessed that everyone must know about it by now. Was primarily mentioning newer releases. I guess it is on cd now, didn't pay attention since I had it already.
Necrosathanas

Post by Necrosathanas »

I think I'd buy the new anthologies even though I had the originals. At least the High Roller / BBTAD releases are really high quality, and hard-to-find-for-a-reasonable-price / unreleased tracks mostly suprise me positively.

On my current situation I'm far from getting those originals like Marquis de Sade 7" or Sanctus / Tokyo Blade demos..