How much does XY LP / CD cost? (2012)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
CloudsOfMetal

How much does XY LP / CD cost? (2012)

Post by CloudsOfMetal »

So I was curious about the price of Black Hole - Living Mask CD. I've rarely seen it for sale anywhere. Therefore it must be already pretty rare even though it was released in 2000.
only the heaviest weather available
humus

Post by humus »

Violent playground - Thrashin blues CD

Any indication on price/rarity?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

I suggest you go for the vinyl then, it's much cheaper, and has bigger cover! And better sound too than shitty CD's.
Live your life by your will, learn to be an animal ...
humus

Post by humus »

I have that CD and I don't like it at all. Someone is interested in trading with me so I needed to know what a fair deal would be.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

LethylSteel wrote:I suggest you go for the vinyl then, it's much cheaper, and has bigger cover! And better sound too than shitty CD's.
Even on vinyl version the album is probably a complete crap anyway :lol:
slayerhatesusall2

Post by slayerhatesusall2 »

LethylSteel wrote:I suggest you go for the vinyl then, it's much cheaper, and has bigger cover! And better sound too than shitty CD's.
Yep, get a lp, all those extra cracks and pops really sound amazing compared to the horrible clean sound of the cd :roll:
I like records, but people that hate cds but like lps and cassettes are crazy.
Records are nice but if you get a scratched up one theres no way it sounds better then a cd, and its too pricey most of the time to get a mint or new record from 20+ years ago.
And that violent playground cd is nothing special, pretty mediocre mix of blues and thrash. I saw it on amazon for $38 before but didn't buy it.
humus

Post by humus »

slayerhatesusall2 wrote:Yep, get a lp, all those extra cracks and pops really sound amazing compared to the horrible clean sound of the cd :roll:
The banner says: uncompromising war on metallic modernism
Don't forget you're still on hostile territory as a CD-fanatic :lol:
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Well, the truth is in the middle ... I mean, we all know that almost all "early" cds had really bad mastering compared to the identic label vinyl release ... but also it's true that the cracks and pops and so on makes a 20/25 years old vinyl a bad thing to buy nowadays, unless it's perfect/mint/sealed (which is a really hard thing to come by). Oh yes, and if you are a vinyl worshipper too :)
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Helstar wrote:unless it's perfect/mint/sealed (which is a really hard thing to come by).
Buying a sealed vinyl doesn't mean it plays perfectly. If you're lucky the record is totally warped like the majority of the Dark Knight MLP's and even completely new records can play terrible sometimes with alot of jumps.
And the cracks just make it sound Metal. That's underground! :twisted:
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Buying a sealed vinyl doesn't mean it plays perfectly.
I meant a combination of perfect/mint/sealed infact :lol: not only "one" of them !
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

how much prices go for MACBETH - Beware of human agression on D&S cd?
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

How much cost OBLIVEON - Nemesis (original private press from 1993) ? I just tracked down one guy who ran Metal Fanzine in early 90s and have a chance to get this CD very cheap.
LethylSteel

Post by LethylSteel »

Helstar wrote:
Buying a sealed vinyl doesn't mean it plays perfectly.
I meant a combination of perfect/mint/sealed infact :lol: not only "one" of them !
BUT that "perfect/mint/sealed" is a lie because if it's sealed how will you know that the record isn't damaged, the insert isn't damaged or the record isn't warped unless the seller is one of those who sealed his records himself. I've bought a Buxx "Knickers down" once, sealed, the record was totally damaged (like someone has stored it upon a radiator - I've NEVER seen something like that before). Just a few weeks ago I got a sealed record with perfectly looking cover, the insert was kinda worn (not extremely but compared to the sleeve it looked a bit damaged). You never know what you'll get. And well some old CD's do not play on each CD player either eventhough they do look like new.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

LethylSteel wrote: BUT that "perfect/mint/sealed" is a lie because if it's sealed how will you know that the record isn't damaged
I wouldn't call it a "lie" :P we can add a 4th element: LUCK ! :?
(same goes for cds ^^ as you said in the end of your post)
Last edited by Helstar on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.