Opening a music store in Malaysia

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
jnfernal

Opening a music store in Malaysia

Post by jnfernal »

Hello, I have a question for you all.

I think I am going to move to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for 6 months, from December to next May 2012.

My idea is to open a online store where western collector/music fan may find EVERY CD available from Malaysia/Singapore/Indonesia/Cambodia/Vietnam/Laos/Thailand

both old recordd re/release and brand new bands, from hard rock to extreme black metal as well as punk/hc and also b-movies/exploitation movies made locally or local DVD edition of old european/american movies of the 70/80's...I know there are some thai labels who are reprinting them with english audio or english subtitles and the quality is excellent, from the artwork to the masters.

I wanna keep low retail prices and hope to make enough sales to grant dinner and food everyday at first....and if things go well in the future, start to re/release old cult death/black metal bands from Malaysia/Singapore on CD.

My queestion is: does it really worth?
Are there enough people interested in rock/metal/death/black (both new bands and old bands) from South East Asia?
Finding CDs overthere is not a problem....I travelled and lived overthere for quite a long time now and I know almost every music shop/record label in Malaysia and Singapore and Thailand where to buy CD....and I know lots of places where to find hard-to-find old releases on CD....but or is there a quite large interest for this kind of bands in Europe to grant enough sales for buying dinner and food for me?

Please let me know...because I have quite short time to take a decision, otherwise I am forced to go back to Italy (I am in Finland now) and find a shitty job in a factory as usual and fuck off every dream and project I have in mind....

if things go well I would like to open a blogsite/website where to put on sale such CDs and DVDs and post link for cover, backcover and detailed information for any product available....but I don;t know how big is the interest in such kind of CDs here in Europe. That's why I am asking your opinion.