The most you spent on a single LP / 12'' / 10'' ...

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Are you Dr. Landau? :D Well, that was years ago and I was told that this is the original version :) (the org. - Metal Blade - version of Suffering Hour goes for $150+ and so). Anyway, at the end I got it in a 80 EUR deal : Anacrusis - Suffering Hour + Atropy - Socialized Hate + Evildead - Annihilation of Civilization - Darkness - Broken Heart (I haven't seen this one on ebay yet), so not that bad at all :)

What's the usual price for DBC?
PsychoDad

Post by PsychoDad »

Paid 70 $ for the original Inquisition mlp (Anxious death).
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

40 Euro's (including shipping costs). Instead of ordering one overpriced item, I usually order multiple reasonably priced releases.
Keir

Post by Keir »

Most I ever spent was 160 Euros on the Taist of Iron LP. I justified it because it was part of a larger cash-trade deal in which I got a lot of cool stuff. After that, the most I've paid is about $92 for Breaker - In Days of Heavy Metal. Aside from those 2, I doubt I've bought more than 10 records that were above $25.
DMR

Post by DMR »

The most I've paid for a single item is $25 for the Japanese CD version of Scorpions - In Trance. I spend a lot of money on music, but I'd rather get a lot of different albums than a few rare expensive ones.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

DMR wrote:The most I've paid for a single item is $25 for the Japanese CD version of Scorpions - In Trance. I spend a lot of money on music, but I'd rather get a lot of different albums than a few rare expensive ones.
That's funny (well, not really) 'cos in my local musicshop, the standard price for a cd is around $30.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

Same here, since CDs cost about £13-£15 here.

I don't think I've ever spent over £30, if I had more money perhaps...
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

I think the most I've paid for a record is $275; I've spent $200-250 for a couple of items, and $175 for another. Several items fell in the $75-$125 range. However, I don't think I've spent more than $20 for somethng in the last 3 years or so; moving and going back to college zapped my bank account. I've sold off alot of my collection in the last 2-3 years (not sure exactly, but I'd guess about 300 LPs and 300 cds have gone out the door).
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

280 euro for the solar eagle EP
around 150 for the lord ryur seveninch
and around 90 dollars for the hammeron LP
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

$120 for Diamond Head white label LP.
nar marratuk

Post by nar marratuk »

MassOfKthulu wrote: and around 90 dollars for the hammeron LP
Good price Kyr but I never took to that album at all.....
€120 for TAIST OF IRON lp
€150 for soundhouse tapes 7"
€80 for HEATHENS RAGE 12" and also the BLACK KNIGHT mlp
Around the same for SNOW WHITE ep and around €50 each for MEDIEVAL STEEL and CHILD SAINT......I think I got better value with more of the cheaper stuff to be honest.....
I was born on a dark winter night thunder and lightning greeted me...
metalmartyrdoom

Post by metalmartyrdoom »

The most I've paid is 200 Euros for a pristine copy of SALEM'S WYCH - Betrayer of Kings LP
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

more than 70 dls in Pokolgep-Pokoli Szinjatek LP
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

those are cool cash prices for those Pat,even though the only of those i paid for was the heathens rage (88 dollars on ebay) the rest of the ones u mention i traded for
deathster

Post by deathster »

Price and year of purchase should be together. USD today is different than 7 years ago. Same is with prices. In 1995 was 40USD for Samael "Medieval prophecy" EP pretty high price.... today it is considered cheap I guess.