Anybody knows good metal shops in Sofia, Bulgaria?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Igor

Post by Igor »

Thanx in advance!
Igor
:roll:
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Well, it depends on what you look for. If you are looking for rarities and stuff like Ahat, Impulse, or any other LPs, forget it.

If you are okay with new releases and occasional used goodies - all western artists, nothing rare mind you, then you should go to S.M.F. and 0.4.3 (this reads "O-Che-Ze")

S.M.F. website: http://www.smf-bg.com/en it shows a lot of stock, but I'm not sure if they have it on hands, or it is on order basis.

0.4.3. website: http://z043.org/ (in Bulgarian only)

You can also go to "Ploshtad Slaveikov" - there you can find plenty of Russian bootleg cds :lol:
Igor

Post by Igor »

Благодаря, Стормспелл!
:wink:
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Моля, пак заповядайте :lol:
The Ripper

Post by The Ripper »

I was recently in Sofia, went to SMF records which had nothing obscure or rare as the previous fellow mentioned. Also, "Ploshtad Slaveikov" bazaar had only second hand books. However, I came across an open bazaar next to Alexander Nievsky's cathedral where they were selling WWII medals, Nazi flags, ex-Soviet Union souvenirs etc and among other things some vinyls. Well you won't believe my surprise findin Ahat's Lp, Titanic's 'Metal Celebration' with the original sleeve cover, Citron's 'Radegast' and Pandora's Box 'Omen' in between ! Bought all these for just 20 € (vinyl in mint condition, cover average or good). Now that's what I call a deal !
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

All those LPs (Titanic, Citron, etc) were sold at the Polish and Czechoslovakian cultural center's bookstore back in the late 80s/early 90s. They still surface time to time, along with Turbo and Crossfire - Second Attack and Annathema (Serbia) which was sold at the Central Universal Mall (the major store back in the commie days).

The junkyard market next to Alexander Nievsky has been there for ages. Never seen vinyl there, but again I havent been there in decades... you got lucky to score Ahat though, congrats!
demophil

Re: Anybody knows good metal shops in Sofia, Bulgaria?

Post by demophil »

I am going to Sofia next week....do you know some cheap guesthouse with shared bedroom ?
Stormspell

Re: Anybody knows good metal shops in Sofia, Bulgaria?

Post by Stormspell »

I'm probably too late, but anyway: there are numerous hostels in the 10-15 Euro price range. Here is one I've booked for bands when playing shows in Sofia:

http://www.hostelmostel.com/sofia/prices