Avoid this ebay buyer: 123dirk789 he will steal your cds!

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

I will add that if he does not provide me photos of the matrix of the Purgatory CD I will not pay him for it. I do not want a bootleg of that album.
slayerhatesusall2

Post by slayerhatesusall2 »

Zdan wrote:I will add that if he does not provide me photos of the matrix of the Purgatory CD I will not pay him for it. I do not want a bootleg of that album.
Its a bootleg I am 99.9% sure, and he stole that cd as well, off the seller legacyblau
Scroll down on this page and look at the feedback he left legacyblau:
http://feedback.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... &items=200

You might need to translate that text its in german.

Now scroll down on this page and you can see he sold him the purgatory disc:
http://feedback.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... =21&page=2
humus

Post by humus »

Sorry to say, but seems like people really became too passive to take actions themselves.

Slayerhatesusall, he is always selling stuff. Set up a fake account, buy a shitload of his stuff and have it shipped to one of your relatives. If he sent it without tracking, file a non received item complaint. If he sent it with tracking, take some pictures of a badly scratched CD and have ebay to refund you when you send a package back to him. Don't send him the rare CD's back but some pop-crap.

The last guy that sold me a bootleg shirt on ebay ended up sending me two of those and I still got a total refund from paypal. That's the only way they'll learn it.
Or people can just stay discontent on the internet about it. I'm sure that will stop them.
slayerhatesusall2

humus wrote:Sorry to say, but seems like people really became too passive to take actions themselves.

Slayerhatesusall, he is always selling stuff. Set up a fake account, buy a shitload of his stuff and have it shipped to one of your relatives. If he sent it without tracking, file a non received item complaint. If he sent it with tracking, take some pictures of a badly scratched CD and have ebay to refund you when you send a package back to him. Don't send him the rare CD's back but some pop-crap.

The last guy that sold me a bootleg shirt on ebay ended up sending me two of those and I still got a total refund from paypal. That's the only way they'll learn it.
Or people can just stay discontent on the internet about it. I'm sure that will stop them.
Trust me, its not like I haven't thought about doing that myself. But,
if I did that, assuming I was even able to set up a fake account or what not, he would send the cd registered, this is of course assuming he doesn't remember who I am, if he did he would just send me an empty registered packet, then I would have lose another $30 sending the empty packet back express mail since registered mail doesn't always update, assuming this even worked and I did scam him back assuming I didn't lose $30 sending back an empty packet, it would hardly be worth it to buy one of the severely overpriced cds he has for sale. Since I don't want to be scammed by him twice, I think I'll pass on that. If he lived in the US, this would be a different story... Its much easier to get revenge on asshole sellers then asshole buyers. Plus I only paid $5 for that crappy cd but still...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

slayerhatesusall2 wrote:then I would have lose another $30 sending the empty packet back express mail
Unfortunately since the new year USPS increased their prices and international flat-rate Express envelope is no longer $29.95, but $38.00...
slayerhatesusall2

stormspell wrote:
slayerhatesusall2 wrote:then I would have lose another $30 sending the empty packet back express mail
Unfortunately since the new year USPS increased their prices and international flat-rate Express envelope is no longer $29.95, but $38.00...
Holy shit that fucking blows. Is registered mail the same price?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Registered is now $11.75 on top on the shipping cost, yet registered mail is no longer kept separated and travels with regular mail now, which means it is not always trackable online - therefore just pointless overpriced service...
slayerhatesusall2

stormspell wrote:Registered is now $11.75 on top on the shipping cost, yet registered mail is no longer kept separated and travels with regular mail now, which means it is not always trackable online - therefore just pointless overpriced service...
Usually when I use registered mail, it never updates on usps's website, about 85% of the time it will update on the website of the buyers country, but not if the country is bad. Although it oddly enough always updated on packages I send to china, and they even update back on the usps website in those cases.
Alot of the times it updates on the buyers countrys website but only half the time does it even show that they signed for it.
humus

Post by humus »

slayerhatesusall2 wrote:
humus wrote:Sorry to say, but seems like people really became too passive to take actions themselves.

Trust me, its not like I haven't thought about doing that myself. But,
if I did that, assuming I was even able to set up a fake account or what not, he would send the cd registered, this is of course assuming he doesn't remember who I am, if he did he would just send me an empty registered packet, then I would have lose another $30 sending the empty packet back express mail since registered mail doesn't always update, assuming this even worked and I did scam him back assuming I didn't lose $30 sending back an empty packet, it would hardly be worth it to buy one of the severely overpriced cds he has for sale. Since I don't want to be scammed by him twice, I think I'll pass on that. If he lived in the US, this would be a different story... Its much easier to get revenge on asshole sellers then asshole buyers. Plus I only paid $5 for that crappy cd but still...
You need to make your plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel :wink:
I understand the difficulties and risks, but as a buyer you're still in the shooting position on ebay. And I doubt he'd send registered at his expense. By the way, registration means nothing to ebay, he needs online traceable packages. And I think those are pretty pricey in Germany? I get registered packages from Germany all the time but never traceable. If Germany is anything like Belgium you'd pay around €50 to send a CD traceable to the US.
slayerhatesusall2

humus wrote:
You need to make your plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel :wink:
I understand the difficulties and risks, but as a buyer you're still in the shooting position on ebay. And I doubt he'd send registered at his expense. By the way, registration means nothing to ebay, he needs online traceable packages. And I think those are pretty pricey in Germany? I get registered packages from Germany all the time but never traceable. If Germany is anything like Belgium you'd pay around €50 to send a CD traceable to the US.
It doesn't cost much to register a cd if you live in germany, maybe an extra 4 euros or so. It costs about the same as what he charges to ship a cd to the US. And the past few times I bought a cd from germany that was sent registered it completely tracked on the usps website and shown signature confirmation and everything. So if I did that I would just lose another $38... no thanks. Its not like I haven't gotten revenge on a few dickhead sellers who sold me horrible condition cds and lied about the condition, one sold me horribly water damaged and scratched to fuck cds, another who sold me one that had a paint spill on it, and one who promised he'd give me a partial refund due to damaging the record but ignored all my messages and refused to do so, and a buyer that completely deserved it (this guy left almost every seller he bought off of a negative feedback, so I never bothered to send him the cd at all), just not worth it in this case.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Registered mail trackable? depends on the destination. It is trackable when destination is the US.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction.action
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

slayerhatesusall2 wrote:Usually when I use registered mail, it never updates on usps's website, about 85% of the time it will update on the website of the buyers country, but not if the country is bad. Although it oddly enough always updated on packages I send to china, and they even update back on the usps website in those cases.
Alot of the times it updates on the buyers countrys website but only half the time does it even show that they signed for it.
What happens is USPS is taking your money for the registration, and then letting the package travel with the regular mail not bothering to scan it out. I asked at my local postal office why and the supervisor told me it is because all postal offices are understaffed and according the new regulation they are not expected to keep those packages separated or even scan them anymore...

So this service is total bogus. Those packages may get scanned when arriving abroad, but in most cases since they are buried in the regular mail bins, they remain neglected until delivered to the recipient.

I quit using registered mail several years ago when a registered package to Mexico went missing, and no one could find it or provide tracking for it... total waste of money

Japan and China are the only two countries which have guaranteed dates for Express and Priority parcel deliveries, and they scan everything en-route. I don't know why is that, but it is awesome.

My huge beef with USPS is with their online shipping system, which automatically e-mails the recipient with the "tracking number" every time I buy priority shipping label online, and then the postal office clerks never bother to scan it, so the tracking just says "We have been notified electronically for this package by the sender, but it has not entered our system yet", and recipients rightfully flip out thinking I haven't shipped their packages yet.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Damn! I'm reading about all these scams and wonder how things became so fucked-up. We used to send envelopes with "well-hidden" cash to unknown, to us, recipients (no feedback score, paypal and other protections) and 99% of the times we didn't have any problems. Only the fear of spreading the news that someone is a "rip-off", was enough to behave well even if he thought otherwise. But most of the times these threat wasn't even necessary, as there was present an underground metal brotherhood spirit I still miss, that made things more "clean" and "pure".
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Priamos, the only thing that has changed is that the buyers now have more 'power'. Before, in the time of cash hidden in the envelopes, it was 100% on the sellers.
I think I've lost almost 500 euro in the early ebay days ^^
Either 1) I haven't received anything from you 2) I've sent the cd(s) not my fault if they didn't show up 3) letter is received but it's empty 4) seller disappears as he won't reply anymore to any email 5) oh the money is not enough, I made a mistake, you must send more (! yes it happened once lol)
Also you couldn't give them a negative because you would have received that too in retaliation.
I remember I started to put their ebay usernames and what happened in my ME page only to have eBay deleting it and send a warning after the complain of one of them :?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Zdan wrote:I will add that if he does not provide me photos of the matrix of the Purgatory CD I will not pay him for it. I do not want a bootleg of that album.
I understand you did not take it... why?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Purgatory-Tied-T ... 20c2a2f91b