AVOID THIS DEALER: Swedmetal.com

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Warepire

AVOID THIS DEALER: Swedmetal.com

Post by Warepire »

This is a real prick, I made an order for some CDs I was looking for back in November, when I got them I noticed 4 of them where severely water damaged even though I had bought only CDs from the NEW section and not from the USED section... So naturally I contacted him about this asking if I could get a refund. At first he was really impossible telling me those CDs where sealed, which they where not! They where packed in re-sealable bags, but not only that, it was obvious even through the plastic that they where in bad shape. Once I had explained this to him he became friendly (!!) and told me to send them back for him to properly look at them. I did that and later he told me I was right and that I would get a refund.
(By now it was almost Christmas). I waited and waited, until February, without any money showing up, so I contacted him again asking what was going on, no reply... 2 more attempts and no reply... 3rd reply I worded a bit more aggressive, badabing badaboom, a reply saying he thought it was fixed, but would forward all the information to his payments manager so it would get solved. So I waited, and waited, and no money.
We're now in the middle of March and I am contacting him again about this wondering what the hell's going on, he replies that he has no idea but will talk to his payment manager the following Monday, so after not hearing from him at all by Friday that week I e-mailed him yet again asking what the result was... No reply, tried a few more times during that next week: **silence**.
At this point I am really pissed off... I checked his feedback on Tradera and especially his negatives, he does absolutely nothing to unhappy customers, he doesn't even treat them nicely (one had received the wrong item and Swedmetal blamed the postal service!!!)
So about 2 weeks ago I decided to give this one final try with a really pissed off e-mail saying that if he did nothing to fix this issue soon I would do exactly this, because if you have a problem with any order it's sure as hell not going to get fixed, he acts like he has no idea what I am talking about, so I send him copies of each and every e-mail that I have sent him and that he has sent me since I asked if I could get the money back for those CDs. He looks at them and tells me that he will have his payment manager look into this and get back to me. **silence once more**. So I e-mail him asking for a status update and no reply...
By now it's perfectly clear to me, he has no intention of ever solving this problem, which is really pathetic, we're talking about a refund that is less than 30 euros. I even dare to guess that this "payment manager" doesn't even exist and is just an excuse to get me off his back.

The irony of all this, is that on the website, he claims to have 100% guaranteed customer satisfaction... I am a really unsatisfied customer, and he is doing nothing to fix it... So that is obviously a lie.

Really stay away from this prick, because if you have a problem with an item you buy from him, don't ever expect it to be solved.
GJ

Post by GJ »

For reasons unknown I have always avoided this seller on Tradera. The gut-feeling was he/they seemed non-serious. Guess I was right.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

So in the end you wasted two times the shipping costs and he got the cds AND the money ? Fuckin unbelievable :evil:

You must copy/paste this everywhere !
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

'Payment manager', what kind of BS is that?

Sorry you got burned, hope your warning costs the asshole a lot of orders
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

hope he and his less than 30 euros rot in hell for good
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

A bump to this topic... Turns our he is dumber than I give him credit for...

http://www.tradera.com/NARNIA-A-SHORT-N ... _111774183
That is one of the CDs I returned for severe water damages, he had only one copy then, and he currently is selling only one copy... This CD isn't exactly easy to find so I am mighty certain it is THE SAME ONE!

Do note that he is listing it as "Ny och ospelad" (= brand new and never played)

EDIT:
Here is another one of those CDs I returned for severe water damages, same things apply to this on as for the Narnia CD:
http://www.tradera.com/STAINLESS-STEEL- ... _111868129

Also listed as "Ny och ospelad"....
Last edited by Warepire on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Will be funny to see the reaction of the auctions winners, once they discover the actual condition of the cds...